🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

Nice! Are you in the states? How do you like them?
No I actually live in Hong Kong. The local Nike doesn't seem to be carrying this model so I have to get it from mainland China.

This shoes feel nice, same as the OG I had when I was a kid :smile:  .... memories...

One question I have is.. I remember my first pair of Air Tech Challenge is actually the model now labeled as ATC III. The follow up model is the ATC II. I also recall the model was simply ATC, so why is this labeled as ATC III now? Can someone please explain to me? I am kinda confused...

One question I have is.. I remember my first pair of Air Tech Challenge is actually the model now labeled as ATC III. The follow up model is the ATC II. I also recall the model was simply ATC, so why is this labeled as ATC III now? Can someone please explain to me? I am kinda confused...
Actually the current "ATC III" were the "Air Tech Challenge 3/4" back in the days...

No I actually live in Hong Kong. The local Nike doesn't seem to be carrying this model so I have to get it from mainland China.

This shoes feel nice, same as the OG I had when I was a kid :smile:  .... memories...
Ahhh... a fellow HKer!  

Technically...

ATC1

14301172750_f99b2e23f6.jpg

ATC2

14487806965_66b0e82c69.jpg

ATC3

14487806425_f9c3666e9b.jpg

ATC4

14301224678_b3805b9e0a.jpg

I remember being mad as a kid that the 4s used the midsole from the 3. In fact I boycotted that shoe and didn't buy it for that reason. Lol

Last edited:

Ahhh... a fellow HKer!  

Technically...

ATC1

14301172750_f99b2e23f6.jpg

ATC2

14487806965_66b0e82c69.jpg

ATC3

14487806425_f9c3666e9b.jpg

ATC4

14301224678_b3805b9e0a.jpg
Thanks! Now it all makes sense... I got the first two generations all mixed up... it has been a while ago :smile:

I remember they weren't that durable either... 4 hours of tennis a week and the outsoles were gone after a few months

Thanks! Now it all makes sense... I got the first two generations all mixed up... it has been a while ago :smile:

I remember they weren't that durable either... 4 hours of tennis a week and the outsoles were gone after a few months
Yeah, it didn't help that when Nike retro'd these a few years ago, they labelled them "Air Tech Challenge", while the ATC2 Hot Lava which followed were named "Air Tech Challenge II". 

And yes, they weren't very durable despite having a "Durathane" outsole!  My problem back then was the toe-part of the outsole started to separate from the upper after a while of playing.  

Anyway, mine have arrived!  Shoutout to B, yet again, for taking care of me!

19582797160_b8a311750f_c.jpg

And a few comparison shots... though my lighting/white-balance doesn't do the colors justice.  The difference is more noticeable IRL.

19770829155_d92caa271d_c.jpg

19763563242_0ca6249ba0_c.jpg

19582797880_2b56d7ffc1_c.jpg

What's interesting is that the new version feels like a completely new model vs the 2007 release.  The shape, the internal structure of the upper... even the tread of the outsole is different.  

Patiently waiting on that size 15. These are definitely worth retail to me. Only ATC2 I managed to grab were Lavas. Not sleeping on these!

For those who have the 2015 ATC retro, how does the heel paint (under the black strip) compare with the 2006 retro.  I remember my 2006 pair cracked easily with just a few wears...did nike use the color infused midsole like on the am90?

Actually the current "ATC III" were the "Air Tech Challenge 3/4" back in the days...

It's been a while but I believe we discussed this briefly. The "3/4" designation was something that only referred to the height of the shoe. Since all 4 ATCS had both a low top and mid version, you would sometimes see that included in the name of the model on the box, only the mids were labeled 3/4 just because they weren't high enough to be "high". They didn't label the first or second ATCs like that, but I believe the 3s and 4s were.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e...9-A3AB-4C39-A169-0E6FB865F836_zps4aucqijk.jpg
For those who have the 2015 ATC retro, how does the heel paint (under the black strip) compare with the 2006 retro.  I remember my 2006 pair cracked easily with just a few wears...did nike use the color infused midsole like on the am90?

THE WHITE PART UNDER THE BLACK IS PAINTED, BUT THE BLACK PART IS INFUSED COLOR, WHICH I WAS very SUPRISED ABOUT. CANT COMPAIR THE PAINT CAUSE I DIDNT HAVE THE 2007 PEAR. THEY SEEM VERY GOOD QUALITY THO.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e...9-A3AB-4C39-A169-0E6FB865F836_zps4aucqijk.jpg
THE WHITE PART UNDER THE BLACK IS PAINTED, BUT THE BLACK PART IS INFUSED COLOR, WHICH I WAS very SUPRISED ABOUT. CANT COMPAIR THE PAINT CAUSE I DIDNT HAVE THE 2007 PEAR. THEY SEEM VERY GOOD QUALITY THO.
yeah this retro is done pretty well. i unDSed them early this week and loved wearing them. had them on the whole day 
nthat.gif
 such a dope shoe. Nike did their thing with this one. now to cop the purple orange cw 
devil.gif

Local boutique in Indianapolis got Volts in - GotSoleBoutique.com No idea if they ship. I've never been but may visit soon. :rofl:

Also stopped by local FinishLine and still no word on them getting atc3.

Last edited:
Local boutique in Indianapolis got Volts in - GotSoleBoutique.com No idea if they ship. I've never been but may visit soon. :rofl:

Also stopped by local FinishLine and still no word on them getting atc3.

Just moved out of Indy in January. GotSole definitely ships (even globally sometimes). Give them a shout.

Back
Top Bottom