🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

I ordered one as I'm curious to see if it's close to my og's. The last retro of the Radical was nowhere close. Apparently they only manufacture them in China now but I am curious to see if if it is similar to the original Austria mold. I have a feeling that it will be the same as the old retro and I'll need to return it.

Last edited:
$190 alone for the box and other memorabilia. Lol I rather stick (no pun intended) to the OG Radical OS, and as well as the POG Tour 107.

I ordered one as I'm curious to see if it's close to my og's. The last retro of the Radical was nowhere close. Apparently they only manufacture them in China now but I am curious to see if if it is similar to the original Austria mold. I have a feeling that it will be the same as the old retro and I'll need to return it.
I heard it’s the same mold as the Ti.Radical.

$190 alone for the box and other memorabilia. Lol I rather stick (no pun intended) to the OG Radical OS, and as well as the POG Tour 107.

I have several of the original Radicals, a Pog and 2 brand new Pro Ones. So far the marketing seems way off starting with the 1990 US Open picture when he used the Pro One and then other promotions showed the black lava shirt. The official rubber band that stores are running with is funny as it’s just a rubber band. As far as the grip goes he obviously used Tourna Grip although the Head version feels almost identical. The tennis warehouse review makes no mention of that as they must not know. But if it really is a ti mold, that review is way off by not mentioning it.

Last edited:
It's funny because there are barely any photos or videos of him wearing the marinas or the aqua outfit. Definitely one of my favorites.

Last edited:
It looks like a mix of Nike Court and Miami Vice theme but yea that image of him is taken directly from the Ultimate Pro poster for sure.

04706008-A5D2-4DF7-A0AC-E915A724E951.jpeg
Such a great colorway.

And the full interview.
I don't hear this enough... the heaviest racquet you can handle... at the loosest tension you can handle.

The tension part is interesting considering that it was reported that his tension was always around 66 which isn’t loose.

Tension is all relative to each player anyway. And back then a lot of the players strung at really high tensions. 66 was probably "as loose as he could handle". Anything lower and his shots would have been flying.

66 was probably pre-poly though. I don't remember what he strung his poly at, put it was probably still relatively high. He always liked the dead, board-like feel, I guess.

Pete strung his gut in the 70's, while Fed (with a similar stick) strung his hybrid in the 40's. That just shows how different poly characteristics are. Crazy.

I have a screenshot from Tennis Magazine I believe and it showed his tension for the Radical at 66. I can for sure say that the tension on it was definitely in that range.

Yep that’s the one. Btw I can confirm the new retro racquet is the same mold as the 2006 release and unfortunately not like my originals. I know that people say the new release is really the Ti with a paint job.

Back
Top Bottom