🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

24AECCA4-96CE-467C-820C-D7BE3D44449D.jpeg

Still going. Some separation, but wearable
Name?

So is it a decent racquet to get or no? I’ve been wanting one so I can get on the courts again some time. Also do they come already strung?

So is it a decent racquet to get or no? I’ve been wanting one so I can get on the courts again some time. Also do they come already strung?
Definitely a decent racquet... nice to collect and to play with. It's an oldschool stick in that it's oversized and hefty. Lots of plowthrough. Having said that, it's weight might be a bit too high for some to handle, esp if you're not used to it. Too bad it's $200. And yes, it comes prestrung with Head Lynx 17g, which is a co-poly.

If I were to get one, I'd cut out the strings and swap the stock grip with a leather one.

That interview was great. After hearing all the love for his 1st Head racquet, instead of buying the reissue (which is NOT the same as the original from '94), I went on eBay and tracked down an original "Made in Austria" Radical 260 with the "IDS" printed on one side. Paid $90 for one. Can't wait to see it when it arrives and see how nice of shape it's in.

Reactions: ARK

I still have yet to play with my 2006 retro or the current but I can tell you it just doesn’t feel the same as the original. It feels lighter and doesn’t have that heavier feel when swinging it. The cosmetics are nice but it’s disappointing that they didn’t release the original mold and same material, especially after 25 years. The new one doesn’t come with a case as the 2006 did. I’m sure it plays fine but I wanted the original mold, especially to match my racquets.

Sounds like I need to hit up eBay to find a good but used Radical. Anyone have pointers on what I should get?

Speaking of eBay, I don’t recall this color way polo. It looks great!

5FF7EA58-EE53-41B7-9892-5BF0A1445BB3.jpeg

Sounds like I need to hit up eBay to find a good but used Radical. Anyone have pointers on what I should get?

Speaking of eBay, I don’t recall this color way polo. It looks great!

5FF7EA58-EE53-41B7-9892-5BF0A1445BB3.jpeg

Hey Ark, for the original Radical, look for the words "Made in Austria" on the outside of the one side of the throat. The reissues were made in China and don't have the same composition as the original. Also, if it says Radical Tour 260, that's the same, the Trysis name was USA specific where the rest of the world got Radical tour 260. Also, the IDS system logo will be on it as well to notate it being the one from the mid to late '90's. If I'm wrong, I'm sure KB or Sinner will correct me .

Hey Ark, for the original Radical, look for the words "Made in Austria" on the outside of the one side of the throat. The reissues were made in China and don't have the same composition as the original. Also, if it says Radical Tour 260, that's the same, the Trysis name was USA specific where the rest of the world got Radical tour 260. Also, the IDS system logo will be on it as well to notate it being the one from the mid to late '90's. If I'm wrong, I'm sure KB or Sinner will correct me .

I have several of the original frames and yea they were made in Austria. Some of my frames have Radical Trisys 260 and some say Radical Tour 260 with ids but they are the same frames. From what I remember some stores just had an updated cosmetic but they were the same. I remember the Radical Tour 260 being released after the ones labeled Radical Trisys 260.

Last edited:
Anybody on here know how to clean the ATC III? Recently bought one off eBay and got them for a good price used. Anyway, I believe the person who sold them to me smokes so the shoe kinda smells and need some cleaning around the midsole or just the shoe overall.

Anybody on here know how to clean the ATC III? Recently bought one off eBay and got them for a good price used. Anyway, I believe the person who sold them to me smokes so the shoe kinda smells and need some cleaning around the midsole or just the shoe overall.
That sucks. I recently bought “brand new” shoes off eBay for my 7-year-old, and they didn’t say anything about a smoke smell, but they must have been blowing smoke right at these shoes, they were that bad. I ended up soaking them in water with baking soda several times, and alternating that with water/vinegar mix, and rinsing them well each time. Probably 8 soaks total using a 5-gallon bucket and shaking it a lot over several hours each soak. And those were like size 13c, so good luck with adult sizes!

That sucks. I recently bought “brand new” shoes off eBay for my 7-year-old, and they didn’t say anything about a smoke smell, but they must have been blowing smoke right at these shoes, they were that bad. I ended up soaking them in water with baking soda several times, and alternating that with water/vinegar mix, and rinsing them well each time. Probably 8 soaks total using a 5-gallon bucket and shaking it a lot over several hours each soak. And those were like size 13c, so good luck with adult sizes!
Well dang. Yeah, in the description he didn’t specify about the smell of the shoes. They were really cheap so I couldn’t pass it up. Is there any other alternatives that you know to get the smell out besides the one you suggested? Obviously it’s going to take some time..

Well dang. Yeah, in the description he didn’t specify about the smell of the shoes. They were really cheap so I couldn’t pass it up. Is there any other alternatives that you know to get the smell out besides the one you suggested? Obviously it’s going to take some time..

I’ve had some luck setting them outside in the sun. A natural fresh breeze helps remove preowned stink.

You might try Febreeze too. Another odor eater is called Ozium. I was told to try this for an arcade machine I picked up that had an old stale mildew smell. That has really seemed to help. Perhaps that jar with the shoes in a closed off box might help reduce the smell at least. Sadly I don’t think it will be one thing that fixes the issue. You’re going to have to do multiple things to get rid of it.

Last edited:
Oh, I’m interested if anybody selling a pair of ATC III in White/Volt-Metallic Silver-White in size 10 or 10.5. Bought a pair on eBay recently but the guy never came through by sending the shoes. It was a scam to take my money but I got it back. Those are the ones I really want to get but it’s hard to find them on eBay now days.

Back
Top Bottom