🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

I think these are my favorite items from last year's collection.

20210512_114653.jpg

Hello , this is my first writing in this post , Agassi make me like Tennis shoes , although i'm an hardcore Bball fanatic , i always lurked on the ATC 3 Lime back in the days

Got the ATC 4 Cerise in 1992 instead when my mom was ready to buy me another pair .

When i started collecting in early 2000 all my childhood sneakers memories i found some ATC 4 in big sizes , the Kiwi and another pair of cerise ... but polyurethane midsoles makes me sell them .

Anyway opening this box is a pure thing of joy , the smell , the shape ... it's like a Time machine !

IMG_20210513_145238.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210513_145607.jpg
    IMG_20210513_145607.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20210513_145624.jpg
    IMG_20210513_145624.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20210513_145653.jpg
    IMG_20210513_145653.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20210513_145716.jpg
    IMG_20210513_145716.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 124
Here is my latest acquisition that arrived this morning. I have the most memories of “pirate” Andre, and this outfit/jacket is the pinnacle for me. The condition is unbelievable; it doesn’t look to have been worn. There is no fading anywhere or even a fuzz ball on the inside. If I ever need swag level 11, this is coming out.

Attachments

• 2647C69C-65C1-460F-9A6F-303E4F17B794.png
    2647C69C-65C1-460F-9A6F-303E4F17B794.png
    2 MB · Views: 187
Ha ha. You bought that from me. I bought it off etsy. but was just a bit to small for me.
guy that sold it to me was from Ukraine
hunt continues for a large or xl in that good a condition

Ha ha. You bought that from me. I bought it off etsy. but was just a bit to small for me.
guy that sold it to me was from Ukraine
hunt continues for a large or xl in that good a condition
Haha! Yes! That’s awesome! I didn’t mention it on here before it arrived just in the event that I was indeed getting from someone here and they didn’t like me for some reason. Lol. Super fair price dude and awesome shipping and packaging. ‘Preciate it! It’s story continues...

Haha! Yes! That’s awesome! I didn’t mention it on here before it arrived just in the event that I was indeed getting from someone here and they didn’t like me for some reason. Lol. Super fair price dude and awesome shipping and packaging. ‘Preciate it! It’s story continues...

that’s what I paid for it. Just wanted to basically get my $ back. Glad it was someone in here

that’s what I paid for it. Just wanted to basically get my $ back. Glad it was someone in here
I’m glad to have gotten it from someone here. I’ve had it laid out on my bed today since opening it and it kind of makes me weak in the knees every time I walk past it.

Here is my latest acquisition that arrived this morning. I have the most memories of “pirate” Andre, and this outfit/jacket is the pinnacle for me. The condition is unbelievable; it doesn’t look to have been worn. There is no fading anywhere or even a fuzz ball on the inside. If I ever need swag level 11, this is coming out.

Awesome pickup! Welcome to the club. I grabbed my jacket years ago and surprisingly for a M, it fits like a L. Sleeves are plenty long enough and it fits me fine. These were always oversized back in 1995. Glad you got it. I sure love my jacket! And like yours, mine looked barely worn also. Incredible. Enjoy it!
IMG_20200526_222745.jpg
IMG_20200526_223553.jpg

Awesome pickup! Welcome to the club. I grabbed my jacket years ago and surprisingly for a M, it fits like a L. Sleeves are plenty long enough and it fits me fine. These were always oversized back in 1995. Glad you got it. I sure love my jacket! And like yours, mine looked barely worn also. Incredible. Enjoy it!
IMG_20200526_222745.jpg
IMG_20200526_223553.jpg
Thanks! Several thoughts:
—I would die if I saw a pair of those shorts up for sale! I have once but they looked pretty beat and I’m not too hopeful of 26 year old shorts retaining their wearability. Tips on maintaining elastic, anyone? How are yours?
—Glad you got that hat! I have one somewhere that I bought original. I went to the mall to get the shoes but was too young still to fit in adult sizes so I scored the hat at least. It’s cool as hell but I never understood the whole “tennis sucks” angle. It’s sarcasm/tongue in cheek I guess, but I think it would be lost on the masses.
—I see that polo that came later that year hiding behind your jacket. Hehe. I have that same shirt in minty fresh condition; it’s one of my pieces that I bought new in ‘95.

Thanks! Several thoughts:
—I would die if I saw a pair of those shorts up for sale! I have once but they looked pretty beat and I’m not too hopeful of 26 year old shorts retaining their wearability. Tips on maintaining elastic, anyone? How are yours?
—Glad you got that hat! I have one somewhere that I bought original. I went to the mall to get the shoes but was too young still to fit in adult sizes so I scored the hat at least. It’s cool as hell but I never understood the whole “tennis sucks” angle. It’s sarcasm/tongue in cheek I guess, but I think it would be lost on the masses.
—I see that polo that came later that year hiding behind your jacket. Hehe. I have that same shirt in minty fresh condition; it’s one of my pieces that I bought new in ‘95.

Hey bud, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I always say my favorite "Post Hair Agassi phase is 1995. I absolutely LOVE the outfits! To answer your questions:
The shorts. Yup, these are my original pair I had back in 1995, my senior year in high school and what I wore on the tennis team. Shorts are still in fantastic shape. I always did my own laundry when I was younger (mom taught me how to do it when I was like 15 and I actually enjoy it. It's relaxing) so they are always kept well.

These are a Medium and thankfully I didn't gain much weight from my HS days (I'm 180 now, I was probably 160 back then but in the bad depths of dealing with Ulcerative Colitis, so I couldn't gain weight). They are still comfortable and not tight. They really were made baggy and loose. To keep them in good shape, DO NOT use the dryer. The heat will destroy the elastic waistband and they will be all stretched out and it would be crunchy inside the fabric.

The Hat? Yup, that is and always will be a GRAIL piece for me and thankful to nismot nismot (he will always be 🙏🙏 to me. Thank you buddy). He sent me his hat he didn't need anymore that is basically brand new. I wear it occasionally to keep it pristine. It's my favorite piece of clothing that I didn't have back in the day. The slogan was sarcasm to troll the country club tennis camps. I loved it!

Yup, that is his US Open late season block polo. I also have his summer hard court grunge polo. I have the polo that matches the sleeves of the jacket, I just don't remember where I put it. I put some pics of them below with a better pic of the hat and the LWPs & the other shorts!

IMG_20200526_223514.jpg
IMG_20200526_223544.jpg
IMG_20200516_171808.jpg
IMG_20200516_171828.jpg
IMG_20200526_222909.jpg

I keep looking for anything from 1995 online and I only wish I bought more pairs of the LWPs back in the early days of eBay when they were everywhere. I still pray for a retro! 🙏🙏🙏

Hey bud, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I always say my favorite "Post Hair Agassi phase is 1995. I absolutely LOVE the outfits! To answer your questions:
The shorts. Yup, these are my original pair I had back in 1995, my senior year in high school and what I wore on the tennis team. Shorts are still in fantastic shape. I always did my own laundry when I was younger (mom taught me how to do it when I was like 15 and I actually enjoy it. It's relaxing) so they are always kept well.

These are a Medium and thankfully I didn't gain much weight from my HS days (I'm 180 now, I was probably 160 back then but in the bad depths of dealing with Ulcerative Colitis, so I couldn't gain weight). They are still comfortable and not tight. They really were made baggy and loose. To keep them in good shape, DO NOT use the dryer. The heat will destroy the elastic waistband and they will be all stretched out and it would be crunchy inside the fabric.

The Hat? Yup, that is and always will be a GRAIL piece for me and thankful to nismot nismot (he will always be 🙏🙏 to me. Thank you buddy). He sent me his hat he didn't need anymore that is basically brand new. I wear it occasionally to keep it pristine. It's my favorite piece of clothing that I didn't have back in the day. The slogan was sarcasm to troll the country club tennis camps. I loved it!

Yup, that is his US Open late season block polo. I also have his summer hard court grunge polo. I have the polo that matches the sleeves of the jacket, I just don't remember where I put it. I put some pics of them below with a better pic of the hat and the LWPs & the other shorts!

IMG_20200526_223514.jpg
IMG_20200526_223544.jpg
IMG_20200516_171808.jpg
IMG_20200516_171828.jpg
IMG_20200526_222909.jpg

I keep looking for anything from 1995 online and I only wish I bought more pairs of the LWPs back in the early days of eBay when they were everywhere. I still pray for a retro! 🙏🙏🙏
Do you know what shirt he wore with those black checkered shorts?

1996... Olympics and US Open, with either a short sleeved white or blue shirt. They also came in long sleeve. I think he wore the long sleeved blue at the Open. Edit... I guess he only wore those shorts with the short sleeved white. Thought I recalled him with them and the blue long sleeved, but I can't find any pics of that combo. Olympic gold medal shorts!
1621289963551.png

Last edited:
Looks like it. Nice! Maybe I'm just thinking of me... I had the blue long sleeve and those shorts, and the white/black/blue Air Zoom Challenge. Hahaha

Man, y’all are on top of your game! Gold medal shorts you say?! I was there as the Olympics were in my back yard, so I guess I’m going to need to get those for sure!

Every year I went to the open (from 1993-early 2000s, I always brought a gym bag with me to carry my stuff (back when you could carry a bag into the grounds). Had my snacks, pb & j, water, my 1992 SI with Agassi's Wimbledon win (in case I could get him to sign it, and room to put the stuff I would buy that day. Always hit the Nike stand 1st. Every year I bought his polos and shorts there (while wearing my full Agassi gear (one of my vintage shoes, his shorts and one of his Nike shirts with his picture). I miss going up there. Not the same anymore. Especially without the Nike stand.

Back
Top Bottom