🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

s-l1600 (13) (1).png

Yup, the early print ad for the 1995 kits (shoe was the black /dark teal LWP). Looked so weird seeing this ad after he already cut it.

EDIT: FOUND IT!!

s-l1200.jpg

I think the black and Teal challenge LWP might slowly be turning into one of my most wanted retro of all time lol . I read these came out in 94 . What year did the flare come out ? Flare was the first non “ tech challenge “ model he went with right. ?

I think the black and Teal challenge LWP might slowly be turning into one of my most wanted retro of all time lol . I read these came out in 94 . What year did the flare come out ? Flare was the first non “ tech challenge “ model he went with right. ?

The LWP came out in 1995. He first wore them at the Aussie Open (white/grey color) after shaving his head. It was the start of his "pirate phase" and the whole "Tennis Sucks" campaign and "Guerrilla Tennis" ad campaign (Andre and Pete playing in the street). A BRILLIANT marketing campaign.

That commercial of them jumping out of the cab, and Andre in a pirate bandana, a long sleeve shirt UNDER his white/black barbed wire polo, baggy pants, and black/teal LWPs was just HOLT **** I need all that! Called my indy tennis shop and got the whole kit ordered (she always called me to check out the newest Nike catalog to see if I wanted any orders. This was when those catalogs were OFF LIMITS to customers).

The Flare was the first Non-Challenge branded shoe (after the Challenge Huarache (1992) and Challenge Future 1993). I think the LWP is my #2 most wanted retro. I'm lucky to still have my pair completely wearable and the bottoms are barely worn. My #1 will always be the ATC I in the green/orange. We NEED THAT SHOE!

My pair of black/dark teal LWPs and my Tennis Sucks logo hat 🙏🙏🔥🔥 plus two of his polos from that summer in 1995.
IMG_20200226_164107.jpg

IMG_20200526_153802.jpg

IMG_20200526_223514.jpg

IMG_20200526_223544.jpg

I wore the heck out of that white/black checked one. Played so much in it, with my LWPs and the bandana (and my Oakley M-Frames). I wish I bought the homage shirt from Vollaix.

Last edited:
The LWP came out in 1995. He first wore them at the Aussie Open (white/grey color) after shaving his head. It was the start of his "pirate phase" and the whole "Tennis Sucks" campaign and "Guerrilla Tennis" ad campaign (Andre and Pete playing in the street). A BRILLIANT marketing campaign.

That commercial of them jumping out of the cab, and Andre in a pirate bandana, a long sleeve shirt UNDER his white/black barbed wire polo, baggy pants, and black/teal LWPs was just HOLT **** I need all that! Called my indy tennis shop and got the whole kit ordered (she always called me to check out the newest Nike catalog to see if I wanted any orders. This was when those catalogs were OFF LIMITS to customers).

The Flare was the first Non-Challenge branded shoe (after the Challenge Huarache (1992) and Challenge Future 1993). I think the LWP is my #2 most wanted retro. I'm lucky to still have my pair completely wearable and the bottoms are barely worn. My #1 will always be the ATC I in the green/orange. We NEED THAT SHOE!

My pair of black/dark teal LWPs 🙏🙏🔥🔥
IMG_20200226_164107.jpg

Man Those are insane . Can’t Believe they’re still in that good of condition. They look perfectly wearable like you said . I really hope they retro those . Have they ever retrod before ? And yeah I want the tech challenge 1 too . I’ve been wanting those for years

Did some garage cleaning today and found all my ATC 2 and ATC Hybrids from 2014. Few are DS and the rest are slightly used. Love em but need the space so off to GOAT they go. Agassis definitely one of my top 3 sneaks; love ATs in general starting from AT1 i used to wear in the late 80s

Man Those are insane . Can’t Believe they’re still in that good of condition. They look perfectly wearable like you said . I really hope they retro those . Have they ever retrod before ? And yeah I want the tech challenge 1 too . I’ve been wanting those for years

Thanks buddy. They're all 100% wearable. No PU. It's all phylon foam so no crumbling. Only issue is the air is flat, but who cares. I can just replace the insole with a new fluffy one and we're good to go.

Sadly they have NOT retroed and most likely won't. I'm always hopeful but I've accepted the fact that they aren't gonna come back anytime soon. 😞😞

Thanks buddy. They're all 100% wearable. No PU. It's all phylon foam so no crumbling. Only issue is the air is flat, but who cares. I can just replace the insole with a new fluffy one and we're good to go.

Sadly they have NOT retroed and most likely won't. I'm always hopeful but I've accepted the fact that they aren't gonna come back anytime soon. 😞😞

That’s a a bummer man . Maybe they’ll surprise us if this talk about Agassi stuff coming next year is true. I really like the challenge future a lot as well . I like the mostly white with some aqua shirt and shorts he wore with those too . Looks really good with the shoes .

That’s a a bummer man . Maybe they’ll surprise us if this talk about Agassi stuff coming next year is true. I really like the challenge future a lot as well . I like the mostly white with some aqua shirt and shorts he wore with those too . Looks really good with the shoes .

Yeah, it kills me as I have NO idea where I had pur my Futures. Not like they would be wearable, but they are sole swappable with a Flare midsole. Futures were underrated since they were all white. The color difference was the dynamic fit bootie.

I keep seeing on eBay when looking for a pair of the flares . All I see is the flare SC. Anybody know the difference bwteeen the flare and flare SC ?

Dang I wanted those French Opens so bad and never got em smh. Still want a pair.

Saw this pic on an eBay listing for the shorts
Remember trying on this jacket at paragon sports in nyc. Had the black one

Attachments

• IMG_9237.jpeg
    IMG_9237.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 134
Saw this pic on an eBay listing for the shorts
Remember trying on this jacket at paragon sports in nyc. Had the black one
That jacket was part of this advert campaign!
"Your a Tourist" 👍

That's the long sleeve blue shirt from 1996 (I have it still) and the white/black/royal blue carbon heel piece Zoom Challenges!!! Still got those too.

Here, it seems like it "could be" Wimbledon as the Zoom Challenge is all white. But I think that pair was also used during the summer as well and he didn't break out the other color till Flushing. If I'm wrong, I apologize. 👍

Back
Top Bottom