🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

I always wanted the custom Nike hats they designed for Andre with the that visor like attachment in the front. I always wondered why they never sold them like that.
Me too.  I'd go further back to the 1992 Wimbledon when he wore the white version of that cap.  It was at a time where Swoosh caps weren't available to the public too, so it was extra desirable.  I remember being at the Stanford Univ. campus in the early 90's (Didn't attend, just visiting a friend there) when I saw a dude wearing that exact cap.  I asked him where he got it and he said "why does everyone keep asking me that?"... he added that he got it from their athletics dept.  

Incidentally, they did sell that cap (with the mesh bit in the forehead/crown), but it had the Nike+Swoosh+Air logo... so I asked my mom to take out the Nike and Air stitching with one of those sharp tools.  You could still see the holes from the stitching, but from afar, it looked like a Swoosh cap.  
laugh.gif

Me too.  I'd go further back to the 1992 Wimbledon when he wore the white version of that cap.  It was at a time where Swoosh caps weren't available to the public too, so it was extra desirable.  I remember being at the Stanford Univ. campus in the early 90's (Didn't attend, just visiting a friend there) when I saw a dude wearing that exact cap.  I asked him where he got it and he said "why does everyone keep asking me that?"... he added that he got it from their athletics dept.  

Incidentally, they did sell that cap (with the mesh bit in the forehead/crown), but it had the Nike+Swoosh+Air logo... so I asked my mom to take out the Nike and Air stitching with one of those sharp tools.  You could still see the holes from the stitching, but from afar, it looked like a Swoosh cap.  :lol:

Ha! That's funny how people were asking him where he got it. But too bad they didn't make it with the Swoosh for the public. I checked every local tennis store I could find. I always wanted to know why he preferred that cap with the mesh in it. I'm assuming t had to do with his hair and being more comfortable. Because tennis wouldn't allow Nike on the caps Andre ended up making the Swoosh even more famous!

Last edited:

Incidentally, they did sell that cap (with the mesh bit in the forehead/crown), but it had the Nike+Swoosh+Air logo... so I asked my mom to take out the Nike and Air stitching with one of those sharp tools.  You could still see the holes from the stitching, but from afar, it looked like a Swoosh cap.  :lol:

Wasn't that about the same time that he was wearing a hairpiece/wig?

He had been wearing one before that. In his book he details about the fear of the bobby pin falling out during the 1990 French Open Final and how he didn't concentrate out of fear of that happening. He was just happy to get through the match without it falling out.

Last edited:
I'm past that point in the book but I don't recall the reasoning as to why he wore it. Was it solely because he was losing his hair by then?

The hair piece you mean or the hat? He wore it to keep up with his image. Brooke helped convince him to shave it right after the U.S. Open in 94.

Last edited:
Open was such a great read!!! Really brought me back to when I was younger and watching him on TV. [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji]

What are yall talking about. Who didnt want a yellow suede extended collar atc2 with 2 different tans and lava accents? 
laugh.gif
  i swear nike has a "pure disrespect" division. I mean thats not just a bad look for an atc2 but like any shoe in general

still want need

1951867163-2035622_o.gif

There's some 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12 ATC II III on Ebay for $100 + shipping.
thanks for trying to help out, but I'm NT's resident baby footer and tracking down my size is a mission.

I always wanted the custom Nike hats they designed for Andre with the that visor like attachment in the front. I always wondered why they never sold them like that.
I remember being at the Stanford Univ. campus in the early 90's (Didn't attend, just visiting a friend there)
1408.gif

Last edited:
Flares on shoe palace if anyone still looking for. $74 after code Ss20off. I know a lot aren't big fans of the leather. But just putting it out there I just bought a back up pair. Couldn't help myself !
Us open style white black

Flares on shoe palace if anyone still looking for. $74 after code Ss20off. I know a lot aren't big fans of the leather. But just putting it out there I just bought a back up pair. Couldn't help myself !
Us open style white black

Awesome! I didn't realize they restocked on them. Footaction has not lowered there price for a year now. Yea the leather on them is really disappointing but who knows how long it will be until they retro them again.

Last edited:
Awesome! I didn't realize they restocked on them. Footaction has not lowered there price for a year now. Yea the leather on them is really disappointing but who knows how long it will be until they retro them again.

I don't know if they restocked. I've been checking them for a while and they've just been sitting there. Was waiting for them to go lower or get a promo code. I don't think this is a well known site. Could be wrong though
Didn't realize foot action still had !
You doubling up ? Lol

Last edited:
I would consider doubling up despite the bad leather on them. The black and white doesn't seem to drop that low on ebay. It's just surprising that footaction hasn't reduced their price. I think villa had them on sale for around $50 with a promo code at one point. Definitely one of the best Agassi shoes of all time.

Last edited:
I love them aesthetically but they're so uncomfortable after a few hours. The retro at least. Really unwearable for a full day.

I ordered a pair of the bootleg Chinese version that has real leather instead of that horrible stuff. Will post some pics in a little bit. Also uncomfortable but at least decent materials

Back
Top Bottom