🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

I still don't understand what the big deal . is. People post shoes a year in advance on ig yet people can't post a pic from a catalog or people on NT say that they can't talk about it.

Buddy, I totally agree with you. It was silly. And I know FOR A FACT, that me posting those catalog pics early as I did, got so many people excited for that Challenge Court retro drop that we as a group here singlehandedly raised Nike Court awareness and got them some serious interest. All because we got to see the actual stuff and get prepared.

Truthfully, I was only afraid of the shop owner that IF Nike came down on them for allowing the catalog to be photographed and said photos to be posted early, and that Nike could have removed their account because of what I did. Then I could have been in some trouble, MAYBE. But it's water under the bridge now and I'm not worried. I know we did a good thing generating the interest as we were all starved for new Agassi stuff.

All this 2020 retro talk got me on eBay trying to find that hot lava stripes polo and the fireball tee. At the time I kept passing hoping I'll catch them on sale or if I had a gift card.

Buddy, I totally agree with you. It was silly. And I know FOR A FACT, that me posting those catalog pics early as I did, got so many people excited for that Challenge Court retro drop that we as a group here singlehandedly raised Nike Court awareness and got them some serious interest. All because we got to see the actual stuff and get prepared.

Truthfully, I was only afraid of the shop owner that IF Nike came down on them for allowing the catalog to be photographed and said photos to be posted early, and that Nike could have removed their account because of what I did. Then I could have been in some trouble, MAYBE. But it's water under the bridge now and I'm not worried. I know we did a good thing generating the interest as we were all starved for new Agassi stuff.

Understandable you felt that way. So you haven't been back to that shop as a customer to buy something? I wonder if they would recognize you. No tennis for you!

DE48B6E8-D405-4B4D-905C-2B824861C5C1.jpeg

Last edited:
Understandable you felt that way. So you haven't been back to that shop as a customer to buy something? I wonder if they would recognize you. No tennis for you!

DE48B6E8-D405-4B4D-905C-2B824861C5C1.jpeg

Nope, I haven't been back. Not that I needed to get anything since. I don't play enough to break strings, and the strings are still nice and tight so that isn't necessary. And I don't need shoes either. I'll probably head back eventually.

And your probably right. They probably won't recognize me.

Anyone a size 11 and have $350 lol

Ooh, that is tempting but still steep. I gotta say, since I've gotten rid of a lot of my collection I feel a sense of relief. Now before you ask, I'm NOT selling ANY of my Agassi shoes. NOPE. These stay. But 90% of everything else is going Jordan's, Reebok's, Huaraches, flights, sigs, you name it) And I haven't bought any shoes in over a year. If these were cheaper, I'd consider it. They won't crumble as the midsole is foam and not PU. I can still wear my black/dark teal LWPs with no worries. Yeah the air is flat but that's what an insole is for.

What I regret is NOT pulling the trigger on a barely worn pair of Zoom Pounce in the white/lemon zest color last summer. Shoes looks brand new and we're under $180. Damn I should have pulled the trigger.

Is it correct that the Air Alarm was in the works, but ultimately got nixed? Also, it'd be nice to retro the ATC II clays and pixels with upper material that doesn't yellow.

Is it correct that the Air Alarm was in the works, but ultimately got nixed? Also, it'd be nice to retro the ATC II clays and pixels with upper material that doesn't yellow.

Yes a few years ago unfortunately they scrapped it. My clays and pixels didn't yellow.

Big mistake to cancel the alarms

HUGE mistake to nix the Alarms. Would have grabbed all OG colors and maybe doubled on them. Played in the greens and the reds back in the day. The fitwrap that went around (and under the outsole) of the shoe was very inventive for it's time. Thankfully I still got my 2nd pair of greens and they are wearable. Love that show.

Back
Top Bottom