šŸŽ¾ Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread šŸŽ¾

Tennis is dead guys. Didn't you know that already?

releasemore.png

Frustratingly Nike rarely retros any of their tennis shoes. They just release the same pair of 90 or 92 Agassiā€™s in different colorways. Last yr was a total shock they retroā€™d the Oscillates.

There are so many good models in the Agassi line they could retro or even consider doing to ā€œKobe protroā€ treatment. The Air Zoom Pounce and Challenge LWP would be great models to remake with upgrades.

The Nike Air Court Motion was one of my all time favorite models that Iā€™d love to see come back.

Frustratingly Nike rarely retros any of their tennis shoes. They just release the same pair of 90 or 92 Agassiā€™s in different colorways. Last yr was a total shock they retroā€™d the Oscillates.

There are so many good models in the Agassi line they could retro or even consider doing to ā€œKobe protroā€ treatment. The Air Zoom Pounce and Challenge LWP would be great models to remake with upgrades.

The Nike Air Court Motion was one of my all time favorite models that Iā€™d love to see come back.

Yeah we got a lot of ATC2s for a while to the point it was obnoxious. Then we finally get the ATC3 (my favorite) at the same time the Sampras Oscillate came out. We had a few color ways of the 3 which were good but we also had many samples that never made it to market. Finally we get 1 OG colorway ATC4 and it wasnā€™t even a stateside release. The other 2 colorways barely made it to market. In fact that grey orange 4 didnā€™t even make it to the EU. Crazy.

Oh donā€™t forget that plastic Air Flare release.

If they release the Zoom Courtposite in the original yellow and black colorways, I could die happy.

If they release the Zoom Courtposite in the original yellow and black colorways, I could die happy.

I still actually have my pair of those (all anthracite/black) and honestly, I hated playing in them lol. The courtposite was a much stiffer, much heavier, and less breathable version of the Air Court Implosions, which were my goto shoe back in my middle school tennis days. I feel so old now. Not my pic, but I had these:
nike-air-court-implosion-2.png

I'd happily buy a retro of these, but I don't think they're coming unfortunately

I still actually have my pair of those (all anthracite/black) and honestly, I hated playing in them lol. The courtposite was a much stiffer, much heavier, and less breathable version of the Air Court Implosions, which were my goto shoe back in my middle school tennis days. I feel so old now. Not my pic, but I had these:
nike-air-court-implosion-2.png

I'd happily buy a retro of these, but I don't think they're coming unfortunately

I'm right there with you buddy. I had these back in the day (not my pic either)

35576076_1029949260502598_8548162268360081408_n.jpg

I freaking LOVED these shoes!! By the time they released, I was already well out of high school (95) and was playing 3-5 times a week with my Jr hi/hs friend who was also on the team with me (he was better but we had epic battles and I'd get a win here and there). Absolutely loved these on court! Never felt so confident in my movements in a shoe! I played in them all (Challenge Huarache, Future, Alarm, Zoom Challenge 1 & 2, loved the 1, Assailant (great fit and stability) Pounce (great fast shoe. Felt like a track spike shoe for the court) Ablaze (stupid comfortable) and Zoom Beyond and Beyond Plus (the Beyond in the white/black color way he wore to win the French was my 2nd favorite shoe. May have looked chunky but the vis-zoom was amazing and super stabile and was faster & lighter than it looked).

I only dream of Nike bringing back an actual mid-cut tennis shoe. I still don't get why NO ONE sells one? I just bought the Vapor X as I've decided to get back into playing after over 13 years off but I just loved having a mid to keep my mind from thinking of possibly turning an ankle. Can't wait to try the X out with my Lobster I bought off eBay locally (I have no one to hit with and figured a preowned good ball machine would be a great way to get back into shape).

I like the idea one guy had on here for Nike to make an Agassi Protro in an old shoe of his but update the tech! Would be a brilliant idea but they don't seem to care. I know it would sell to the diehard Nike tennis peeps that I see on TT on TW. I may give the Zoom Zero a try once I find the right color of them (wish they would just release the black/lava ones Tiafoe playtested early this year).

Last edited:
Zoom courtposite looks sick. That should come back.
The court lite looks like it will breaj after one match.

Should be an interesting Fed /nick match after todayā€™s umpire coaching debacle and feds remarks about it.
Iā€™m assuming this is a night match lol

Rafa is through. Just wearing plain white shorts instead of the ones when the paintbrush stripe lol
And same cages. Thatā€™s good for my wallet !!
Good showing by kachanov though

Back
Top Bottom