🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

^ Good find.

Anyway, beating a dead-horse, but RG and Wimbledon are just too damn close together.

http://nikeinc.com/news/nike-s-key-looks-bring-latest-technology-to-storied-courts-in-london

RFederer_Wimbeldon_detail.jpg

Roger_Federer_detail.jpg

Mens_Vapor_detail.jpg

RNadal_Wimbeldon_detail.jpeg

Rafa_Nadal_detail.jpg

Mens_Ballistic_detail.jpg

Wimbeldon_JDelPotro_0395_detail.jpeg

Mens_Cage_detail.jpg

_NIKE_TENNIS_MS_S2_0049_detail.jpeg

Maria_Sharapova_detail.jpg

SWilliams_Wimbeldon_detail.jpeg

Serena_Williams_detail.jpg

LiNa_Wimbeldon_detail.jpeg

Still holding out hope that Fed will be getting a special edition shoe. I tweeted the Nike store to ask about it and they said yes, more details would be revealed. Guess we'll see closer to the 24th..

Who needs grass court shoes in the US? I MAYBE woulda gotten these if they were hard court.

Yeah they suck. Grass shoes Nike, come on!!!!. It's so funny seeing resellers eat them up 

Yeah... I guess you can still use them for everyday-use.  For turf, maybe?  But just don't use them on wet pavement.  I've slipped before on turf kicks.

Yeah... I guess you can still use them for everyday-use.  For turf, maybe?  But just don't use them on wet pavement.  I've slipped before on turf kicks.
That's the thing Grass shoes can only be used on grass courts or in a Central Park BBQ hahaha. I'm just really disappointed 

Love the orange. Love the carbon fiber plate ( we don't get it ), love the RF logo and 7 champs ( we get neither ), so pretty easy pass. Even if widely available, I will wait for a hopeful US Open exclusive and pray that someone has my back.....:D Paging Fred??? :tongue:

gotta love Nike, knowing darn well they would cause a stir. Instead of BANNED Jordan 1's, Fed has been added to the list! Why would they have 2 cw's in the first place. Serena is up next! Too bad Rafa couldn't have continued!

gotta love Nike, knowing darn well they would cause a stir. Instead of BANNED Jordan 1's, Fed has been added to the list! Why would they have 2 cw's in the first place. Serena is up next! Too bad Rafa couldn't have continued!

What I don't understand is why would the outsole matter to All England Club?? I mean I get that they don't want paint splatters and neons all over the outer, but most casual observers wouldn't even blink an eye at that- The only ones who notice that ^$ are NTers and rabid tennis fans. Doubt anyone would have cared or questioned the integrity of the rules committee had he continued to wear them. Just dumb IMO. I am all for tradition, but in the interest of tradition, give em all wood racquets next year as well. Whatever, its all good, he's out, but it just seems really petty from my view. I gotta believe the white sole versions were in his bag already before he even stepped on court with the oranges. I want to see something epic for the US Open now please.

What I don't understand is why would the outsole matter to All England Club?? I mean I get that they don't want paint splatters and neons all over the outer, but most casual observers wouldn't even blink an eye at that- The only ones who notice that ^$ are NTers and rabid tennis fans. Doubt anyone would have cared or questioned the integrity of the rules committee had he continued to wear them. Just dumb IMO. I am all for tradition, but in the interest of tradition, give em all wood racquets next year as well. Whatever, its all good, he's out, but it just seems really petty from my view. I gotta believe the white sole versions were in his bag already before he even stepped on court with the oranges. I want to see something epic for the US Open now please.

Agreed. He had actually been practicing in the white pair. We never saw him practice in orange sole pair.

Yeah, they would have had him practice in plain-whites so that he could "debut" the orange-soles in R1. 

But yeah, it does seem to be very petty of the AEC to get on his back for that. I understand the "predominantly white" rule, but those are outsoles. 

No complaints for Maria or Serena?

Maria+Sharapova+General+Views+Wimbledon+Opening+DBFBbMpXTcYx.jpg

Serena+Williams+Championships+Wimbledon+2013+I1OgPEq_Ogfx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom