🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

If this is the end of the ZV9T line, I'm satisfied with the ones I have. Agree with everyone else that the Savile Row pair is super sexy in person.

Rafa clinched year end #1 ranking today. nice.
Yep, we were just talking about it... come on in!

http://niketalk.com/t/520786/the-official-tennis-thread-vol-year-end-championships/0_50

Barclays+ATP+World+Tour+Finals+Day+Three+gKSRmJpSK6Tx.jpg

^ Nice thanks!

Also, got my Saville Rows in this morning. These are pretty sweet. Definitely can pull off as a casual Friday shoe.

Got mine in too. I'm gonna wear them on court but I can see them looking good on or off the court.

I'm not gonna bother taking crappy pics now but I'll be sure to post pics of them after a few casual matches to show how durable they are.

Is the outsole XDR?  You should be ok there... it's all about the uppers! 

Yeah it's XDR. Fed wears them and they're not labelled as NSW so I'm not too worried. This is my first pair of ZVT9s so I'm excited to play in them.

Yeah it's XDR. Fed wears them and they're not labelled as NSW so I'm not too worried. This is my first pair of ZVT9s so I'm excited to play in them.

yikes... dude, your gonna tear them up. Why not just got pick up a pair on sale for like $70...

Fed's are specifically customized for him- It's made for him to wear on the court. The retail was really just made for casual wear or show.

They're not that fragile lol. It's not like balling in Corks. I'll beat em up and move on to the 2014 models.

Last edited:
Lol... he's got PE's... if you look at the pic I posted earlier, you can see that his toe-cap is re-enforced a bit... but then again, it's not like he needs the durability.

It depends on your style-of-play and how aggressive you are on your feet, but you'll just risk scuffing-up the toebox/upper.  If you're ok with that, by all means, go for it!

Alright, you got me a little worried about the toebox lol. As a weekend player, I don't play as aggressively and competitively as I used to so my standards for durability are much lower. Scuffing the toebox is pretty much guaranteed though. I'll see how I feel after the first day (either this week or next). 

I appreciate the advice, fellas.

Last edited:
Lol... he's got PE's... if you look at the pic I posted earlier, you can see that his toe-cap is re-enforced a bit... but then again, it's not like he needs the durability.

It depends on your style-of-play and how aggressive you are on your feet, but you'll just risk scuffing-up the toebox/upper.  If you're ok with that, by all means, go for it!

I have too many shoes, to wear it down.

P, did you see Kimguroo rush to custom his Vapors? average at best.

NOTE- for any of those still interested, NTNY still has a FSR on the Saville Row

Last edited:
The green Swoosh?  Yeah... 
eyes.gif

Did he not realize it was supposed to be the same shade as the outsole!?

Even on his other ones, the logos were too big, I think. 

Last edited:

Ah, a pic from Nike Tennis FB... 

1399318_10153414491750332_755168487_o.jpg

That carbon fiber shank 
pimp.gif

Here are the differences I notice between his pair, and our pairs:

-Carbon fiber shank

-Enhanced toebox

-RF logo on the side

-Green Glow Swoosh

-Different outsole pattern

And of course, not to mention a different shape.  It's been well-documented that he has a super-wide foot... lol. 

His outsole also has a bit of a "wedge" for stability. 

I was talking with Someone inside Federer camp the other day and Fed shoes came up. He told me that a pair of Feds PE shoes cost Nike almost a $160 per shoe. Thats effing crazy

Last edited:
I wonder if he plays tennis?

$160 at-cost does sound crazy, but I guess taking into account the custom mold for his foot plus the higher-quality materials, it's makes sense.  He's made Nike a lot of money, so I guess the least they can do is give him shoes "engineered to his exact specifications"?  Ha.

He has the regular vapor 9 oval laces and a different tongue too. Now that pair I would cop.

That carbon fiber shank 
pimp.gif

Here are the differences I notice between his pair, and our pairs:

-Carbon fiber shank

-Enhanced toebox

-RF logo on the side

-Green Glow Swoosh

-Different outsole pattern
- He has the normal tongue. We get a longer, cushiony tongue which I actually like. 

- His heel is a little different

- He's using the normal oval laces

- The reinforcement on the medial side is also missing from the retail pair, which I guess is connected to the toebox part. This is worrisome part for me...

- We get a bag!

Last edited:

I wonder if he plays tennis?

$160 at-cost does sound crazy, but I guess taking into account the custom mold for his foot plus the higher-quality materials, it's makes sense.  He's made Nike a lot of money, so I guess the least they can do is give him shoes "engineered to his exact specifications"?  Ha.
He does, his daddy was the coach. 
tongue.gif

He's been using a modified version of the 2005 Vapor Speed outsole for his hard court shoes.

Back
Top Bottom