🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

How d

How do you compare them to the Vapor X?
Vapor X is probably my number 1 favorite shoe, so im pretty bias to them. However these are very good as well, they are similar in the sense that they are comfortable after the break in period, but because of the extensive cushioning the shoe has they are a bit taller than the Vapor X but not as high as the Cage 4. I defiantly like these ALOT more than the NXT's. The fit is a bit smugger than the vapor X is a bit tighter cuz the tongue of the shoe has some bands holding it towards the middle, but over all is pretty good. Still like the vapor X more, its my favorite shoe, but this is one is not far behind.

I also just started comparing these two shoes. I like the extra forefoot cushion of the Asics but I think the Uber 4 is a bit more stable overall as the Asics heel feels a little more curved and kind of wobbles sometimes for me. It is definitely a great shoe for sliding on hard courts though. I'm interested how the Asics wear for you. I have worn mine 2x and they are already starting to bald in the toe / ball of the foot area which was really surprising. My Ubers are a few months old and haven't worn down at the same rate as the Asics look like they will.
For me the Uber feels a bit more roomy than the Asics cuz the tongue of the shoe has bangs holding it, when it comes to sliding on the hard court, Im burning through my Ubers insanely quickly and only have wore them 6 or 7 times. The Asics I feel will last me very little on the outer sole compared to the uber, I think that by Wednesday I should have some wear and tear on them, however I do think on the top part they will last me a bit longer than the uber cuz I almost have a hole on the side of the left shoe. So yeah lets see what happens this week with these and which one actually ends up lasting me more.

Got these today.... was burning through the Ubersonic too quickly, so had to get something for these 2 weeks, they feel pretty good better than the NXT’s for sure, but still like the Ubersonic 4 a bit more

Im switching with those and the FF Court 2. I like playing in the Solution Speed 2 during daytime/afternoon, and FF Court 2 for night time games. Maybe a humidity/wind/moisture issue on the court for me.

IMG-20210310-WA0013.jpg

So my black pair arrived this morning. Initial thoughts, they run a little big but I don’t mind that in my tennis shoes. Coming from the Vapor X they feel very similar. The laces are short, and to be honest I might change them to the Vapor X white lace I have spare.

initial thoughts on the tongue, weird but I’ll get used to it. Digging out my ankle braces this afternoon andI’ll see how they fit together.

i like the design, feels just like the Vapor X.

if you want more pictures just let me know and I’ll post!

pfzdbe1-jpg.2765627

Attachments

• PFZdbE1.jpg
    PFZdbE1.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 1,205
So my black pair arrived this morning. Initial thoughts, they run a little big but I don’t mind that in my tennis shoes. Coming from the Vapor X they feel very similar. The laces are short, and to be honest I might change them to the Vapor X white lace I have spare.

initial thoughts on the tongue, weird but I’ll get used to it. Digging out my ankle braces this afternoon andI’ll see how they fit together.

pfzdbe1-jpg.2765627
Curious to know the weight on these

pfzdbe1-jpg.2765627
That’s amazing! Can’t wait to be able to get my hands on these.
What size do you usually wear in the vapor X and what size did you order these?

I also just started comparing these two shoes. I like the extra forefoot cushion of the Asics but I think the Uber 4 is a bit more stable overall as the Asics heel feels a little more curved and kind of wobbles sometimes for me. It is definitely a great shoe for sliding on hard courts though. I'm interested how the Asics wear for you. I have worn mine 2x and they are already starting to bald in the toe / ball of the foot area which was really surprising. My Ubers are a few months old and haven't worn down at the same rate as the Asics look like they will.
At least Ascics has the 6 month guarantee on their soles. Have had my Gel 8s for about 8 months now and still holding up pretty well. But getting close to new pair time. Gonna be a tough decision...

At least Ascics has the 6 month guarantee on their soles. Have had my Gel 8s for about 8 months now and still holding up pretty well. But getting close to new pair time. Gonna be a tough decision...

Doesn’t help me much since mine are Speed FF2 which have no sole warranty.

That’s amazing! Can’t wait to be able to get my hands on these.
What size do you usually wear in the vapor X and what size did you order these?
How do you feel they support at the sides. I find it a bit loose as material is very thin. I’m growing more to like them. Look better in the black than my white ones. They are a bit roomier but very slight in my opinion. Wouldn’t go up or down in my regular size uk 9.5.

think we are the lucky ones having them already. Place I got them have removed online now until the official launch

Doesn’t help me much since mine are Speed FF2 which have no sole warranty.
Is that right? My mistake, I thought it applied to all Ascics. Maybe it's just the Gel 8s, that's a bummer if that's the case. I don't blow through shoes that quickly that I can tell, but all tennis shoes should have the 6 month warranty imo

Is that right? My mistake, I thought it applied to all Ascics. Maybe it's just the Gel 8s, that's a bummer if that's the case. I don't blow through shoes that quickly that I can tell, but all tennis shoes should have the 6 month warranty imo

most brands typically only have 1 shoe in their lineup with a sole warranty (some exceptions). Generally it’s also not going to be the lighter speed oriented model. If anything it seems like fewer models have it these days.

most brands typically only have 1 shoe in their lineup with a sole warranty (some exceptions). Generally it’s also not going to be the lighter speed oriented model. If anything it seems like fewer models have it these days.
Interesting, wasn't aware of that. As shoe prices go up, you'd think soles would be more durable so you're not buying new kicks every few months. Guess not :frown:

Played in these for the first time yesterday and liked them, but I did have really sore feet. Going to look back at the recent posts where I saw footwear talk but does anyone have a good rec (Nike or otherwise) for cushioning/impact protection? Have tendinitis in both knees and a lingering heel/arch issue...
BA4F1B93-0202-4E78-A00F-1C0E0C74E558.jpeg

Edit: Looks like Uber 4 might be one I need to try? How’s breathability on that for a hot state like Texas?

Last edited:
Played in these for the first time yesterday and liked them, but I did have really sore feet. Going to look back at the recent posts where I saw footwear talk but does anyone have a good rec (Nike or otherwise) for cushioning/impact protection? Have tendinitis in both knees and a lingering heel/arch issue...
BA4F1B93-0202-4E78-A00F-1C0E0C74E558.jpeg

Edit: Looks like Uber 4 might be one I need to try? How’s breathability on that for a hot state like Texas?

Uber 4 is a good shoe and it breathes ok IMO. Not going to be a whole lot of forefoot cushioning though. The Asics Speed FF2 is better in that regard but seems less stable than the Uber due to a narrow sole profile.

Diadora Speed Blushield 5 was very well cushioned when I playtested it. It's heavier than a Vapor or Uber so depends on what you are looking for. They also make a Blushield Fly 3 that is lighter, has a sock style upper like the Uber but still uses the Blushield cushion in the forefoot. That might be a good compromise between cushion and speed.

C15C97F5-1861-4DDE-BC24-097700B0F0B5.jpeg
294899CC-D7D8-4486-BA9D-19CC18B8C27F.jpeg

Anyone else notice that the players started wearing caps with large swooshes on the back at the Dubai Tennis Championships? First time I’ve seen them like this. I think there is a more subtle swoosh on the front of the caps in the same color as the cap.

Back
Top Bottom