🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

Got my vapor pros today.

Like others that have posted, I think there's a little bit more room in the toe box and maybe a tiny bit of extra length compared to the vapor x. From my perspective, that's a good thing as these fit perfectly.

Tried them on side by side with the NXT; definitely have a preference for the Pro. Feels so much lighter, sleeker and they just have a great feeling when you slide them on. The NXTs feel really clunky in comparison.

I think they are a really nice refinement / evolution of the Vapor X.

Recommended!

IMG_20210324_212349.jpg

IMG_20210324_211639.jpg
IMG_20210324_212305.jpg

Got my vapor pros today.

Like others that have posted, I think there's a little bit more room in the toe box and maybe a tiny bit of extra length compared to the vapor x. From my perspective, that's a good thing as these fit perfectly.

Tried them on side by side with the NXT; definitely have a preference for the Pro. Feels so much lighter, sleeker and they just have a great feeling when you slide them on. The NXTs feel really clunky in comparison.

I think they are a really nice refinement / evolution of the Vapor X.

Recommended!

IMG_20210324_212349.jpg

IMG_20210324_211639.jpg
IMG_20210324_212305.jpg
Lovely white color. Great choice man! Which fitted you wider? Specially in the toe box

someone is a racquet nerd too 😎

Lovely white color. Great choice man! Which fitted you wider? Specially in the toe box

someone is a racquet nerd too 😎
Thanks man, kinda limited at my club - they have a white only dress code, which means most of my tennis shoes don't ever get an outing.

I thought the NXT definitely had the wider toe box. Had to wear two pairs of socks to feel snug in the toe box (and counteract the laces digging into the top of my foot!). Only needed one pair of socks for the Vapor Pro.

IMG_20210325_113416.jpg

JUST ARRIVED!!

Attachments

• 0EEA8260-70E8-4DB5-BBC1-836BBAFB8061.jpeg
    0EEA8260-70E8-4DB5-BBC1-836BBAFB8061.jpeg
    211.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 737302F3-E06D-41D9-8514-F878C35FF5F1.jpeg
    737302F3-E06D-41D9-8514-F878C35FF5F1.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 0FE0C150-EB87-4B76-80A9-AEDB6B554681.jpeg
    0FE0C150-EB87-4B76-80A9-AEDB6B554681.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 86D97DF8-02EF-4137-B2C5-020A5BCFA20E.jpeg
    86D97DF8-02EF-4137-B2C5-020A5BCFA20E.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 120
  • 2F429B95-6CC8-43D7-842B-3BB44D65AB51.jpeg
    2F429B95-6CC8-43D7-842B-3BB44D65AB51.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 130
Anybody know where to snag the Dark Obsidian Vapor Pros that Alcaraz wore during his match last night? I've looked around and haven't seen them anywhere. Not sure if they are a player exclusive or not.
1616697454951.png

I have a question and I hope I can post here, if not, mods please delete.

I own a DS pair of sz 13 Nike tennis shoes, namely Nike Air Max Cage LE - style 626404 010. These were a Limited release from 2013. I asked this question in the Air Max thread and didn't get any replies.

Anyway,I want to sell these but cannot find any prior sale to arrive at a fair price. I simply don't know if they are a standard tennis shoe and worth box price or a collectible shoe worth a bit more. Any input would be appreciated. Incidentally, they did come with a shoe bag with RF on outside. Thanks in advance for any help.

Below is the pic of the aforementioned shoe.

1.JPG

Yeah, light blue soles. Musetti is wearing them tonight as well.

I'm sure good things will come with patience. It didn't take long before we saw other colors for the VNXT but I'd really like to grab these and the green color we've seen since day one.

I've tried both the NXT and PRO now. I've previously gone back and forth between X, ZZ, and VC4.

First of all, the NXT is out. Just a different shoe...a beast of a shoe. I DO notice the return from the react but the rest of the shoe is just slow, heavy, and uncomfortable. There are so many different materials used. NIKE flaunts their tech in this shoe and while it all has its place, I don't think putting it all on one pair of shoes is the right play. I sized DOWN 1/2 size in these.

I love the plush ride from the ZZ but they get a bit hot. They also seem to break down. Maybe this is just me, but it seems that the cushion gets worn out quicker than I'd expect. It also seems to loosen up as I play. This may have something to do with moisture build-up since it doesn't breathe well...I feel like my foot slides inside the shoe the longer I play. If they had some mesh incorporated and maybe grip-socks(?) I don't know. I like them but they do lack some details.

The X is good for what it is. It's a speed shoe. Low to the ground. Minimal cushion. Breathes well and grips well. I size UP 1/2 a size in these, mainly due to getting a little extra room for the front third of my foot as the shoes fits a bit narrow. They certainly pronate medially, which has been discussed before. Some like it, some don't. Either way, it's noticeable.

ZVC4 is a nice shoe. Soft and comfortable. It does play lighter than you'd expect until it gets hot. The materials seem to hold moisture and don't breathe well at all. They're very stable and comfortable. I also think they're good-looking. I like these for true training sessions...speed drills, running lines, etc. There have been some great colors in this shoe. Honestly, the petty thing that bothers me about a lot of them is the bull logo when it's blatantly obvious that dude is not wearing these. Not a big deal though. I size DOWN 1/2 size in these.

The PRO is a step up from the X in my opinion. It's sleek and fast. It breathes much better than any of the aforementioned shoes. Pronation is still present but not to the same extent as the X. Same cushioning and grip as the X, which you'd expect since the tread/outsole carried over. It seems to be a bit less narrow and slightly longer than the X. I am true to size in these. The thinner tongue may be the reason for feeling as though there is more room, I'm not sure. I DO like that the bootie material does not go all the way back and there is a traditional cushioned heel. With the ZZ, NXT, and X Knit, my heel would slip with this slicker material.

Anyways, I know no one asked for my opinions but I had time and thought I'd offer them up anyways. I didn't expect to like the PRO better than I like the X but I do. If anyone has any info on what we will see for other colors and when we will see then, I'd appreciate the info.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL!

I'm sure good things will come with patience. It didn't take long before we saw other colors for the VNXT but I'd really like to grab these and the green color we've seen since day one.

I've tried both the NXT and PRO now. I've previously gone back and forth between X, ZZ, and VC4.

First of all, the NXT is out. Just a different shoe...a beast of a shoe. I DO notice the return from the react but the rest of the shoe is just slow, heavy, and uncomfortable. There are so many different materials used. NIKE flaunts their tech in this shoe and while it all has its place, I don't think putting it all on one pair of shoes is the right play. I sized DOWN 1/2 size in these.

I love the plush ride from the ZZ but they get a bit hot. They also seem to break down. Maybe this is just me, but it seems that the cushion gets worn out quicker than I'd expect. It also seems to loosen up as I play. This may have something to do with moisture build-up since it doesn't breathe well...I feel like my foot slides inside the shoe the longer I play. If they had some mesh incorporated and maybe grip-socks(?) I don't know. I like them but they do lack some details.

The X is good for what it is. It's a speed shoe. Low to the ground. Minimal cushion. Breathes well and grips well. I size UP 1/2 a size in these, mainly due to getting a little extra room for the front third of my foot as the shoes fits a bit narrow. They certainly pronate medially, which has been discussed before. Some like it, some don't. Either way, it's noticeable.

ZVC4 is a nice shoe. Soft and comfortable. It does play lighter than you'd expect until it gets hot. The materials seem to hold moisture and don't breathe well at all. They're very stable and comfortable. I also think they're good-looking. I like these for true training sessions...speed drills, running lines, etc. There have been some great colors in this shoe. Honestly, the petty thing that bothers me about a lot of them is the bull logo when it's blatantly obvious that dude is not wearing these. Not a big deal though. I size DOWN 1/2 size in these.

The PRO is a step up from the X in my opinion. It's sleek and fast. It breathes much better than any of the aforementioned shoes. Pronation is still present but not to the same extent as the X. Same cushioning and grip as the X, which you'd expect since the tread/outsole carried over. It seems to be a bit less narrow and slightly longer than the X. I am true to size in these. The thinner tongue may be the reason for feeling as though there is more room, I'm not sure. I DO like that the bootie material does not go all the way back and there is a traditional cushioned heel. With the ZZ, NXT, and X Knit, my heel would slip with this slicker material.

Anyways, I know no one asked for my opinions but I had time and thought I'd offer them up anyways. I didn't expect to like the PRO better than I like the X but I do. If anyone has any info on what we will see for other colors and when we will see then, I'd appreciate the info.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL!
Thanks for this, your notes along with Foot Doctor’s review on YouTube really makes me want to get the Pros! I just want them in any color other than the black or white 🙃

I own a DS pair of sz 13 Nike tennis shoes, namely Nike Air Max Cage LE - style 626404 010. These were a Limited release from 2013. I asked this question in the Air Max thread and didn't get any replies.

1.JPG
Limited edition US Open 2013 shoe. Vapors and CBs came in the same color. Was not player exclusive but only available for 1 season

Pros:
+Sick color
+Limited
+Coveted shoe if you liked cages

Cons:
-Size 13 (look at stock X to see how large sizes drop in price)
-Not Roger or Rafa shoe

Id say $200 with an option for offers but i'm always conservative because i actually like my **** to sell. You can post them for more but you likely wont get it (not a rafa or Fed shoe... even those fail to sell at higher prices) It is just a shoe after all. Good luck! Nice shoe.

Thank you so much., I really appreciate you taking the time to answer and provide the exact info I was looking for.

Obviously, I'm not a tennis player or fan so I greatly appreciate your response. I 'll definitely go with the $200 or B.O. as suggested. Retail was $140 so anything above that would be a bonus, I wasn't really expecting much for them and I certainly want to get them sold. They are doing me no good in the closet.

Thanks again and Have a great weekend!

Thank you so much., I really appreciate you taking the time to answer and provide the exact info I was looking for.

Obviously, I'm not a tennis player or fan so I greatly appreciate your response. I 'll definitely go with the $200 or B.O. as suggested. Retail was $140 so anything above that would be a bonus, I wasn't really expecting much for them and I certainly want to get them sold. They are doing me no good in the closet.

Thanks again and Have a great weekend!
And you can sell the shoe bag with RF on it too 8) its probably the green one that came with the 2013 atp finals RF nike vapor 9 LE Saville Row.

nike_tennis_savilerow_13_hd_1600-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom