🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

IMG_7619.PNG
Anyone hear about this ??

Hi Guys !
Just to say hello as I just registered here !
(some may know me from the "Talk Tennis" board)
That's all for now :smile: See you.

Pleasantly surprised to see that the Wimbledon celebration shirt is Dri-fit. The '8' kind of looks like an 'S' haha. Could've maybe thrown a RF logo somewhere on the sleeves or the back though IMO.
Is it really Dri-Fit? Because first orders in Europe say just cotton :/

It's definitely not regular old cotton, but it's not traditional Nike dri-fit either which is thinner--I would say it's more of a hybrid between cotton and dri-fit. It's a tad thicker on the body than dri-fit; however, it is quite soft. The down side is the more sweaty you are, the heavier it feels and sticks to your body. I played with it on last weekend fine and was comfy enough.

I will post a pic of the tags if I can find them--it was marketed as a sort of different cotton that Nike has begun to use.

75% Polyester, 13% Cotton, 12% Rayon

EDIT: Here's the tag that came with the shirt, it's marketed as "Nike DRY": http://i.imgur.com/VdwXBvw.jpg

Last edited:
I'm debating between the Zoom Vapor Flyknit and the Zoom Vapor Tour 9.5. Of course, I'm partial to the idea of Flyknit and the RF branding and that it was the shoe Fed wore to win Wimbledon, but the fit on the normal Zoom Vapor 9.5 seems better to me. Lockdown on the Flyknits just doesn't seem as good. But I have yet to play in either. Can someone with experience playing in both of them offer a quick comparison and preference? Thanks!

I have a Vapor collection and would advise anyone with narrow and high arches to size down half a size when purchasing the Flyknit versions of the 9.5 Tour. They are a tad larger than the traditional Vapor 9.5s without the flyknit.

Personal opinion after owning some flyknits and at least 5 - 6 pairs of traditional Vapors, I would go traditional--the flyknit isn't true flyknit obviously seen in the Flyknit racers and other more noteworthy comfy shoes--it just doesn't add enough support for your feet in a game where you're constantly dashing laterally.

Sorry for double-post...it's been a while and also the quote button isn't working for me at the moment.

Shout-outs to Sinner, I remember seeing this guy post from years ago and still here! What a trooper

Last edited:
Oh wow, I didn't expect a gum sole Vapor 9.5.

Cool concept but I'm personally not a fan of how it goes with the flyknit.

I don't think the links work for me either (I'm in US) unfortunately.

I'm in the us to.
I just changed my location on the Nike website at the bottom and then search for Federer or Nadal

I'm in the us to.
I just changed my location on the Nike website at the bottom and then search for Federer or Nadal

I see, I just tried it and got a few hits.

I might be mistaken, but I don't see any new shirts? Could you give us a screenshot?

On the Japanese site, I did see some older out of stock Fed emoji shirts that I remember were quite popular in the US

Back
Top Bottom