🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

Mine have shipped from tennis zone. Now I can’t find them on the site
Did these really sell out ? Were they pulled for an early release.?
i called both tW and TE and the reps were clueless about them
They were pulled obviously because they accidentally released two weeks too early.

How's the sizing and fit on these? Do they fit like the Cages or Vapors in terms of sizing? Can't wait to try a pair on at my LTS.

I have no history with either of those shoes. I’m a big Agassi fan and mostly wear retros. I took tennis lessons when I was a kid because of Agassi and at some point would like to get back on the court for some exercise.

86F46B55-418E-4EB1-A524-E357104EF9B7.jpeg

I have no history with either of those shoes. I’m a big Agassi fan and mostly wear retros. I took tennis lessons when I was a kid because of Agassi and at some point would like to get back on the court for some exercise.

Great story buddy. Same thing with me back in 1988/1989. Watched him play and was fascinated by the outfit and hair and the TOTAL opposite of what "normal" tennis players were. Mom got me a MacGregor racquet and I started hitting along the garage on dirt & stones. Over the years I got pretty darn good. I walked away for over 16 years or so but recently picked it back up again. Man did I miss it!! I love this sport! Got some new shoes and a used ball machine which is a great idea. I'll have to track these down soon. Thanks buddy. Take some on feet pics if you can

Reactions: ARK
I just received my pair of the new tech challenge from tennis warehouse. I went up half a size because I have wide feet and that was perfect. Unfortunately I feel they are very stiff and the cushioning is very minimal. You can hardly feel the air unit in the heel of the shoeAnd the shoe overall feels very firm. Think I will be sending these back, it’s a shame because I was so looking forward to these

I just received my pair of the new tech challenge from tennis warehouse. I went up half a size because I have wide feet and that was perfect. Unfortunately I feel they are very stiff and the cushioning is very minimal. You can hardly feel the air unit in the heel of the shoeAnd the shoe overall feels very firm. Think I will be sending these back, it’s a shame because I was so looking forward to these

Hey buddy, which current Nike shoes can you compare it to?

I love the asymmetrical ankle collar... a bit more 'support' on the medial side. The closest thing to getting a mid-cut tennis shoe.

I love the asymmetrical ankle collar... a bit more 'support' on the medial side. The closest thing to getting a mid-cut tennis shoe.

So very true. When I heard they were doing a modern ATC II, my 1st though, even beyond the color, was WILL IT be a mid-cut tennis shoe?!! Well, we got something in between. I would have loved it to be a mid and for Nike to take a chance and do something different in the market (since when has offering a mid-cut tennis shoe been unique. Guess a while since 99% of shoes are low cut) that would have stood out! Figuring that all of the people who grew up playing in Agassi's shoes for years, like myself, who was just so used to a mid-cut tennis shoe, that a modern version would be another mid cut shoe.

And do I miss that type of shoe, as when I got back into playing and hitting with my Lobster a year and half ago (after having not played in over 15 years). I had to get shoes and after seeing NO mids offered, I grabbed a pair of black/red Vapor Xs on discount. I really like these a lot but I do miss the feeling of total lockdown and support and knowing my ankles are protected. Guess it's what happens when you played in basically all of his shoes from the Air Challenge Future & Flare on up (didn't get a chance on any of the ATCs before I got into the sport enough to get a pair for my high school team.

I know some of his were low cut like the Zoom Pounce and Zoom Ablaze, though the Ablaze played like a mid). Best, imho, was the LWP (loved the black/dk teal), Zoom Beyond (French Open shoe), and my absolute favorite for overall performance, was the Zoom Court Implosion! Had the all black ones and LOVED LOVED LOVED those!! Gosh I hope the rumors of an LWP retro are true.

I was hoping for the 3/4 cut on the new ones. I don’t know why Nike is obsessed with the lows for tennis but Kobe did prove that lows are just as supportive. The shoe is really nice though. I can see why some will say the upper is stiff but to me it’s somewhat soft considering I only play in retros.

Shoes are great. Fit perfect for size 10.
Are these official Agassi releases? Doesn’t seem to be any info about them anywhere. Glad I grabbed them when I did as they are sold out now it seems
24C185FD-0316-4673-BE94-A91B12CE0369.jpeg

Attachments

• 239BA2BB-38EF-44B4-BFA0-EB378BC8AF52.jpeg
    239BA2BB-38EF-44B4-BFA0-EB378BC8AF52.jpeg
    333.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 2217E661-3C0E-407B-AA38-80AC12BA5401.jpeg
    2217E661-3C0E-407B-AA38-80AC12BA5401.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 240
  • 07CE50ED-BCC1-4642-82EA-2FA13E0F5A1B.jpeg
    07CE50ED-BCC1-4642-82EA-2FA13E0F5A1B.jpeg
    307.9 KB · Views: 282
Shoes are great. Fit perfect for size 10.
Are these official Agassi releases? Doesn’t seem to be any info about them anywhere. Glad I grabbed them when I did as they are sold out now it seems
24C185FD-0316-4673-BE94-A91B12CE0369.jpeg

They're not sold out. The tennis shops pulled them from their site because they sold them too early. Release date was February 29th. They will go back up soon.

I’d be happy with a T-shirt. Black with the lava stripes. Maybe on the official release but doubt it

I wanted to get a pair off of eBay but their are only small sizes

I hope Nike reconsiders and drops these.

Probably won't though

Back
Top Bottom