🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

The current Face of Nike (for now) vs the new face of Nike in semis tomorrow lol
Should be interesting

Did a little more paintwork on the X’s. Inside claw black. Not perfect (used painter tape & acrylic) but really pleased with the outcome nonetheless.

Attachments

• D7BDB02D-55B2-414F-A4A1-C4A9BA0A6339.jpeg
    D7BDB02D-55B2-414F-A4A1-C4A9BA0A6339.jpeg
    248 KB · Views: 32
  • 03BB4EAA-E2EB-4E36-859F-64AD6B9B3744.jpeg
    03BB4EAA-E2EB-4E36-859F-64AD6B9B3744.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 34
Now the countdown begins until Federer announces his new/renewed license agreement. With Wimbledon starting two weeks from tomorrow, it has to be before then...

On TT, people are saying that the Uniqlo deal is done, and that it's going to be announced soon. I'll believe it when I see it, but that's just what people are saying. Really unfortunate if true
Fed.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Babolast acts like he knows everything on there. Maybe he does, but I’m hoping it’s not true in this case
I do agree with that. That said, last week it seemed like if was just fake news being reported. Now we are starting to get the the point where a lot of the Wimbledon stuff is coming out or being leaked. We've seen absolutely nothing from the Fed line, which could be bad news.

I'm calling BS, if Nike held down the two GOATs of basketball (including KD and Kobe), CR7, Serena Williams, then it shouldnt be difficult to hold down the GOAT of tennis

On TT, people are saying that the Uniqlo deal is done, and that it's going to be announced soon. I'll believe it when I see it, but that's just what people are saying. Really unfortunate if true
Fed.png

I know all of this sounds less-than-reliable, but I know a guy who works closely with Nike planning. According to him, Fed is gone because Nike is unwilling to match the $30MM/year that Uniqlo has offered. At least not for a decade.

I’ll be interested to see if Fed stays with Nike shoes.

If it’s true it will save me a lot of money.
Can’t see myself buying uniqlo stuff no matter if it’s decent stuff. Don’t want to seem snobby but can only wear Nike , adidas or Lacoste lol

I was thinking this. No way I'm buying Uniqlo so I'm likely to save a heap of money on Nike gear. No more tracking down new RF limited releases, debating whether to pay the resellers. My wife will be thrilled. :smile:

If the Uniqlo deal does pan out, wonder if the RF products produced in advance by Nike will ever be released or at least those that have already been produced.

If the Uniqlo deal does pan out, wonder if the RF products produced in advance by Nike will ever be released or at least those that have already been produced.
I thought the same thing. You might see them hit Nike Clearance Stores

Now if at the end of the year Rafa signs with Joma I’ll be rich. Kind of like the period between where Agassi went to adidas /retired. before Rafa and fed got their own lines

One thing about Federer is that he's always been very cautious and careful when changing to a new model of shoes. He has his previous model with him whenever he finally moves to a new model. It's hard for me to believe that he will step out on court at the most important tournament of the year with completely new untested kicks.
Unless he was hidden away in an Area 51 hanger hitting with Asics during the clay court season, I can't see it. But stranger things have happened I guess.

One thing about Federer is that he's always been very cautious and careful when changing to a new model of shoes. He has his previous model with him whenever he finally moves to a new model. It's hard for me to believe that he will step out on court at the most important tournament of the year with completely new untested kicks.
Unless he was hidden away in an Area 51 hanger hitting with Asics during the clay court season, I can't see it. But stranger things have happened I guess.

We have seen players who moved to Uniqlo continue to wear their previous endorsement brand sneakers and I believe Federer would do the same.

Uniqlo is just for the clothing deal, he may have another for footwear lined up.

He could end up making more than 30 since uniqlo is just clothing. Nike would still have to pay to be his shoe choice

The real unfortunate thing is just going to be the inability to get gear. With Nike he has about 10 lines each year which includes with hats, polos, tee's, shirts, and shoes. There is absolutely no way that Uniqlo will be able to do that. They hardly have stores as it is. The biggest concentration is between Philly and NY and I doubt they'd just be getting newly released stuff. Other than that, there's hardly any.
Call me cheap, but most of the stuff I get is from outlets, Ross, Marshalls, etc. I've never seen a single Uniqlo thing there. So it's going to end up being a few lines on their website, and maybe you'll get on sale for 25% off, which isn't great in my opinion.
Also, it wouldn't surprise me if had some sponsors on his stuff, with Nike being anti sponsor

Back
Top Bottom