🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

Btw idk about you guys experience with GP Turbos but I got a pair about 3 weeks ago and this is them currently... probably one of the most comfortable tennis shoe I’ve had, but the quality and endurance it’s pretty bad.
I have the exact same pair and have had them for about 4 weeks. I play basketball in my pair and haven’t come close to beating them up like that. What kind of court do you play on?

This looks like a Jordan Air hoodie? Anyone recognize it?

Attachments

• IMG_2333.jpg
    IMG_2333.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 192
I know this question has been asked and answered with various pieces of info BUT I need some new shoes and would like to get the Vapor Pro but will grab some Vapor X's on discount if these aren't out soon. Do we have a definitive answer for when both the NXT and PRO will release? I know NIKE has been hard to read with their release dates and postponements so hoping for actual knowledge. THANK YOU!

3 weeks! Did you run 4000km? They're toast. How often do you play?
Sorry for the late response but I was counting on my Apple Watch exactly how many miles did I wore the shoes for, so they lasted me for 62.6 miles.
Here are also pictures of my vapors, but these REALLY REALLY did hold up nicely, these shoes went through hell, I had them for about 3 months.

Attachments

• 64A5B046-F45B-4B7B-829C-C8C074EABEE5.jpeg
    64A5B046-F45B-4B7B-829C-C8C074EABEE5.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 809B5AFD-D211-4645-A09E-15A15563BE8A.jpeg
    809B5AFD-D211-4645-A09E-15A15563BE8A.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 121
  • 5A901636-81C4-42B0-B680-836A758AE4F4.jpeg
    5A901636-81C4-42B0-B680-836A758AE4F4.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 538
  • E58687A4-5347-45AF-8836-9357EBBDF9DE.jpeg
    E58687A4-5347-45AF-8836-9357EBBDF9DE.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 1,706
For the terre battue fans - the Nike React NXT Clay and Vapor Pro Clay will be available for us in Europe April :smile:

My buddy who is testing the NXT was on the court next to me again last night. I spoke to him a little bit. He said he hasn't logged a lot of time yet but that they are definitely comfortable & the addition of React on the medial side gives the shoe a bit more cushion and rebound. He said he thought they run a bit large. In typical Vapor fashion the outsole looks like it will get torched quick.

True, the prices and fit are both a little off. Always have to size up in the Nadal stuff.
The prices aren’t justified for the quality in material and design. Again, it depends on our body type. I always wear a medium in slim fit stuff like most of Nadal’s crew, but I can also fit a large. I just like the medium to show off my athletic figure more.

I dont get it. Nike didnt test vapor cage 4 with rafa? I understand, that he dont like this shoes, but in that case why they released this shoes. They should have make different shoes. Or try make for him cage 3 outside look like cage 4

I dont get it. Nike didnt test vapor cage 4 with rafa? I understand, that he dont like this shoes, but in that case why they released this shoes. They should have make different shoes. Or try make for him cage 3 outside look like cage 4

Nothing new here but, tennis players are extremely ritualistic and superstitious, not all but most. Everything from rackets, shoes, socks, court assignments, water bottles, towel usage, wiping sweat before they serve, etc. Google “Rafa Water bottles” and see how he sets them up and even a few of his opponents trying to mess with him by knocking them down during the match. It all about limiting the variables to just not think about anything other than the currently point, and keeping the winning pattern. Comes with the nature of being out on the court alone, no coaching, no breaks; they let anything take the blame, so if they misstep or slip they blame the new model shoe (their old one didn’t slip!), mind starts spinning and they crash out of the match. Not always the case, but at the pro level the margins are so thin and you have to sustain such a high mental level, they have to have all variables removed. This is why players use ‘paintjobs,’ on shoes and rackets. Rafa has been with a Frankenstein variation of the CB4.3 since 2012 and only recently changed his upper to the VC3 (he mostly skipped the LBs and the VC4), allegedly his racket is not the current model of Babolat but a very early version of the APD from around 2005 painted to the current generation (lacks their newest materials and cortex dampening). Roger uses a paintjob shoe too, with custom wide outsole from the Vapor Speed II from around 2005. Dimitrov uses the Vapor 9, Delpo was using an Air Max Cage long after it was discontinued. It’s pretty common once a player breaks into the top 10 for sponsors to go out of their way to make this happen to keep players happy. When you see the players testing the shoes, it’s Nike getting feedback but also trying real hard to get them to wear the newest style, market it; what fans see on courts translates into what they buy, etc.

Specifically about the VC3 vs. VC4 for Rafa, seems like Nike has just resigned to stop changing the upper for him and just letting him have whatever VC3 custom he has but in the current season colors.

They release the VC4 to keep the line moving forward, adding new tech, generating attention. The VC4 has some much better tech in it than the VC3 (sculpted zoom air, better lateral TPU support, hidden laces for sliding), but some people just like the VC3 (I did not, felt the rounded heel was too unstable when planting).

Your username indicates that you should know, but don’t? Like TechKid said, Rafa is very OCD when it comes to equipment. The shoe itself overall is the CourtBallistec 4.3 with the Zoom Cage 3 upper and at times the Zoom Vapor Cage 4s. They released the shoe because they needed an update. No matter how many ppl like the ZC3s or any model before, every other year they have to bring out something new to the market. Times are changing and so is technology. That’s like asking why did they made the AJ2 if Jordan preferred the AJ1s. You also have to know that the target for these new models/products are us. Sure to the Pros in some extent, but it only happens if they want to change.

The prices aren’t justified for the quality in material and design. Again, it depends on our body type. I always wear a medium in slim fit stuff like most of Nadal’s crew, but I can also fit a large. I just like the medium to show off my athletic figure more.
I will say I have the hot lava aeroreact Nadal top from 2017 and it seems a little better quality than the current ones.

Back
Top Bottom