🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

Anyone have pics of the vapors dimitrov was wearing today. ? Can't tell for sure but looks like maybe he's back to vapor id

Loving those Vapors he's wearing against Harrison right now. He gets so many awesome Vapor 9 colours that we never got when the 9's were available. Nicer than any 9.5s I've seen.

Notice the different toe guard he has compared to a retail 9:

5ysxv8.png

It doesnt say it in the description, but are dimitrovs shoes trimmed w "barely green"?
feds flyknits look to be the same trip on the guard. overall dimitrovs shoes look boss compared to the retail version. another wish I could

Yeah, you guys are right. Toe guard is identical to Fed's customs.

What's also new that Dimitrov has adapted and now added is the carbon shank in the middle (This pic below is 2011 Fed shoe for US OPEN).

This is what I'm talking about what Fed has had that Dimitrov has adapted and now uses:

HRrXC30.png

Fed's outsole has been the same for many years now; I notice Dimitrov's outsole is different than Federer's (our guess is he slides more than Fed and thus benefits from something that's a little more giving on hard courts).

This is what Fed has now:

nZmP2Nn.png

Notice that the circular pattern isn't there (you can still see the faint circle outline of the tread) on the USO 2017 shoe.

It's a mix of herringbone and Vapor 7/8 (Idk the name, I'm gonna call it dot outsole).

Last edited:
I'm an idiot. All this time, seems like imgur links get IMG'ed.

It pops up for me oddly enough.

Yeah, you guys are right. Toe guard is identical to Fed's customs.

What's also new that Dimitrov has adapted and now added is the carbon shank in the middle (This pic below is 2011 Fed shoe for US OPEN).

This is what I'm talking about what Fed has had that Dimitrov has adapted and now uses:

https://i.imgur.com/HRrXC30.png
6065929171_052460ed8b_z.jpg

Fed's outsole has been the same for many years now; I notice Dimitrov's outsole is different than Federer's (our guess is he slides more than Fed and thus benefits from something that's a little more giving on hard courts).

This is what Fed has now:

https://i.imgur.com/nZmP2Nn.png
rs.php

Notice that the circular pattern isn't there (you can still see the faint circle outline of the tread) on the USO 2017 shoe.

It's a mix of herringbone and Vapor 7/8 (Idk the name, I'm gonna call it dot outsole).

So, dilemma of the day... I wouldn't suggest wearing jeans with your AJ3's. They will bleed onto the shoe. I realized it today at work. Very faint hint of blue on the edge heel tab. Fortunately it's the first time so I was able to get pretty much everything out. I'll work on it a little more when I get home.
IMG_20171011_151423079.jpg

This was Dimitrov's outsole at the Australian Open this year:

sq319x.png
That's a nice one--I was having a difficult time finding a good pic for this year's--very cool! Certainly diff than Fed's. Reminds me more of what we consumers have actually.

These are mine, a couple are fake that are impossible to find. Also on Monday I sold front row second from the right (2011 Miami) to some guy on Instagram. He offered me $150, so I couldn't really pass.
IMG_20170805_124110524-1.jpg
I also have a couple I got since I took this

Whew, that's prob worth more than my vapor collection. Nice one, SRG. Thanks for sharing

Who knew two letters would be so expensive :rofl:

I never collected hats seriously because I don't think I could actually keep track of whats out there! How many RF hats are there anyway? :smile:

I never collected hats seriously because I don't think I could actually keep track of whats out there! How many RF hats are there anyway? :smile:
Probably like 150. I think hats started in like 07. 10+ years of 10-15 colors adds up.

Back
Top Bottom