💒 Married At First Sight 👰: S17 Denver 10/18/23 PREMIERE! HERE WE GO AGAIN!

How poorly will the "experts" do by the end of decision day?

• 0/5 - Truly the worst match making season ever!

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 1/5 - Worse than usual but not a surprise

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 2/5 - Just about right (not counting divorces after decision day)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 3/5 - The best they've done in years!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4/5 - Like Curry from 3, start of a couple matching streak?

• 5/5! - Unbelievable! Inconceivable! Real life?! Are they being paid to stay married now? Reunion tho

• Total voters
I don't think any of these couples will make it. Tom and Lilian remind me of Tres and Vanessa from last season. They don't want to deal with tough issues which may be their undoing. Sonia and Nick are both too socially awkward and needy for long term relationship success.

Lillian wanted to talk about kids 2 weeks into knowing each other. Even though she likely wanted to get his 'thoughts' on wanting kids in the future, she was sounding like we need to have kids now. major wall would go up for me too.

He also is a down the earth, minimal dude, but she likes the high priced fashion and the baby Benz but its a benz life :x

I feel like I have to talk about this show here cause me and my girl are not allowed to talk about it...too many arguments.

....Sonia tho... :smoking lol

Sonia insecure tho...she needs nick to give her some compliments and she'd bust it open for real.

Agreed. I think her and Nick may workout b/c they are both figuring it out together if that makes sense. He knows he needs to compliment, show affection,etc. and she knows he's socially awkward. They can make it work but may be to stupid to realize it..

Lillian wanted to talk about kids 2 weeks into knowing each other. Even though she likely wanted to get his 'thoughts' on wanting kids in the future, she was sounding like we need to have kids now. major wall would go up for me too.

He also is a down the earth, minimal dude, but she likes the high priced fashion and the baby Benz but its a benz life :x

I feel like I have to talk about this show here cause me and my girl are not allowed to talk about it...too many arguments.

I don't think Lillian was asking Tom if he wanted kids tomorrow. She was asking where he saw his future. His apprehension to discuss any type of future plans would make me draw back a little too. Wasn't her niece coming over soon when that came up? It wasn't like she brought it up out of nowhere. Trey did the same to Vanessa in talking about getting rid of their places and she drew back and it turns out she was right. He was playing nice for the camera last but had no long term plans with her. You can have discussions about the future without making plans for the future. If you go on a show like this and aren't willing to talk about that stuff cuz it's too soon this probably isn't the show for you. I havent watched the last few weeks this season is so boring. Are they STILL showing flight attendant and other ugly guy?

Last edited:

I don't think Lillian was asking Tom if he wanted kids tomorrow. She was asking where he saw his future. His apprehension to discuss any type of future plans would make me draw back a little too. Wasn't her niece coming over soon when that came up? It wasn't like she brought it up out of nowhere. Trey did the same to Vanessa in talking about getting rid of their places and she drew back and it turns out she was right. He was playing nice for the camera last but had no long term plans with her. You can have discussions about the future without making plans for the future. If you go on a show like this and aren't willing to talk about that stuff cuz it's too soon this probably isn't the show for you. I havent watched the last few weeks this season is so boring. Are they STILL showing flight attendant and other ugly guy?

I understand youre a lady, and we may view this a bit different.

But I recognize Lillian was trying to see where his heads at, but ladies gotta spark the convo correctly. Talking kids so quickly while not phrasing it how you are just seeing "his thoughts on kids" came/comes off as "when we having kids?"

maybe im drawing my personal life into this, that 'biological clock' has the sexes on 2 different timelines causing issues.

To me she should've brought it up very briefly if she wanted to see where he's at on the topic. Like brought up amongst a bunch of other things.

The way it came off with the one on one view on the topic did hint at her wanting children sooner than later and needing Tom to be positive and optimistic about it.

I found that weird and the biological time clock passed my mind too. Especially with the way she works I assumed she'd quit her job of she got pregnant cuz that consumes her time like crazy.

With that said, Tom seems really opposed to children. Like he'd wait her out until it was hard for to have children (too bad Lillian looks really fertile). Ever since it was brought up Tom sounding like he don't want to admit he don't want kids but that may be the pressure and reality of the situation hitting him. Talking about having kids one day in the abstract with a chick you just smashed ain't the same as talking about having kids one day with your newlywed wife.

This makes me wonder why these people lie on the questionnaire. If having kids or not having kids is a big deal you should say yay or nay on form. If getting paired with an attractive person is important then say it on the form. These people are so desperate to get married that they aren't fully honest when they really need to be. The experts are clowns but they need all of the help they can get to make somewhat reasonable matches.

I understand youre a lady, and we may view this a bit different.

But I recognize Lillian was trying to see where his heads at, but ladies gotta spark the convo correctly. Talking kids so quickly while not phrasing it how you are just seeing "his thoughts on kids" came/comes off as "when we having kids?"

maybe im drawing my personal life into this, that 'biological clock' has the sexes on 2 different timelines causing issues.

I'd be right there with you if they didn't get married the first time they every saw each other :lol: they have six weeks to decide if they want to stay married or not. There isn't a right time in 6 weeks to talk about kids. Gotta have those conversations to decide if they stay married or not.

I'm catching up now cuz I have nothing else to do. Sonia is a good one cuz I would've said **** Nick and this show you have sex with me then scream out you aren't attracted to me.

I hate that people put you in a position to show them what they are missing when you leave when they could just treat you right the first time around. When she was staying at the house he could barely put his dogs in another room for her but now that she's gone he wants her back in the house. She never showed her any affection but now he wants her back ans she isn't in it wholeheartedly. ***** ***.

Last edited:
So for now, both couples stayed together. Lets see what the news is by the time s5 starts.

Would not be surprised if they both had split up.

The way they keep that failed lame couple on the show makes me think they get to g a spin-off show or something :lol:

Last edited:
I'm a couple weeks and a whole other season late but show is back with s5 and the Second Chances show where Vanessa in ep 4 is dating new dudes.

Pretty wild they brought the show back.

Last edited:
Yo there is no way 2nd chance can be real. It's just a bunch of ppl trying to pop on tv. You mean to tell me women out here competing for regular joe David. And Vanessa is cute but come on man lol

Why didn't they re-cast Derek for 2nd chances? Felt horrible for dude last season.

Derrick is a good candidate if they do a second season. Second Chances is a bootleg Bachelor fellas. Most of the men and women seem to be in it for the wrong reasons.

Got last night's episode on DVR...but that one girl looks like Tyrese in the face.

Both shows crack me up.

2nd chances is silly tho. white dude is such a pushover. Pretty sure the crazy girl is gonna show up again lol

The black couple aint gonna last week 2. Dudes dad was hilarious with that puff on his head lol

Watching an episode of the new season and I can't help but notice most of these birds are 30yo+

This isn't a coincidence right?

Back
Top Bottom