🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Possibly

But wasn't Hov retired around that time anyways

It would have been interesting how they pushed the "Best Rapper Alive Since The Best Rapper Retired" gimmick if they were all under the same house

Yea. It would have been interesting with Wayne of the roster. I wonder how they would've marketed him. Would he have grown, or had his growth stunted. He was already getting great beats that were on par with Rocafella producers from Mannie Fresh. Wayne's downfall has been due to his work ethic and making soooo many songs, kind of sad. He needs a hiatus.

He never allowed himself to be "missed" by his fans. Maybe now is the time.

Yea. It would have been interesting with Wayne of the roster. I wonder how they would've marketed him. Would he have grown, or had his growth stunted. He was already getting great beats that were on par with Rocafella producers from Mannie Fresh. Wayne's downfall has been due to his work ethic and making soooo many songs, kind of sad. He needs a hiatus.

He never allowed himself to be "missed" by his fans. Maybe now is the time.

That tweet about retiring is sad because if he pulled a Hov type "retirement" in 2011 or 2012 he wouldn't be in the position where his stock is so low.

His verse were embarrassingly bad from 2011 until he snapped on that Drama Intro this year.

He just needs C5 to be his last album/music ever, leave it there

It's crazy how young Wayne is yet he's been in the game so long

He needs to get of the lean go to rehab take a break from rap and then start fresh on the carter V

If Wayne signed to the Roc in 04-05 man.

The whole landscape of rap would be different.

Hov, drake, Wayne, Kanye, Sean, Nicki, Pusha, common, j. Cole, Cam, Juelz, Vic Mensa, possibly more all on the same label
This label would have so much drama it's not even funny

Last edited:
childsplay1.gif

c287932.gif

No successful rapper signed to HOV complains about money

Every rapper whose ever signed to birdman complains about money. That story manny fresh told was sad :smh:

Last edited:
That looks like a fantasy rap label that doesn't account for anything else happening as a result of Wayne signing to Jay. Like...naw--that's not how it works.

How has Wayne not seen $1 from drake and Nikki success :smh:

Let's not forget about birdman getting that dudes bus shot up smh

If anything Drake has to leave Cash Money/Young Money and stick to Warner only, having YM attached to his name is lame at this point. Same with Nicki, it was cool up until like 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a fantasy rap label that doesn't account for anything else happening as a result of Wayne signing to Jay. Like...naw--that's not how it works.
"They don't know that I've been approached to sign with Roc-A-Fella twice" - Drake, Think Good Thoughts

Drake was getting courted by Roc A Fella in 05-07 on his own. J Prince Jr. connected him with Wayne. So those are two possible connections for that to happen.

Kanye discovered Sean at a radio station. 

All those connections could still be made if Wayne signed and maybe even more so if Roc had the crazy roster of Wayne, Cam, Ye, Hov in the mid-2000's.

Every rapper whose ever signed to birdman complains about money. That story manny fresh told was sad
mean.gif
What was Mannie Fresh's story?

Eh I think if Wayne signs to Jay it lessens his legacy a bit. Cuz you know jay z wasn't finna do no passing of the torch type **** :lol:

When you think of Wayne you put him against Jay z now, whereas if he woulda signed he woulda been seen as up under still to this day. Before anyone says well Kanye, he's a diff story cuz he's pivotal in Jay z career.

Tyra probably did that **** to C.Webb in real life

-That video sets a horrible example for dudes. When a chick got you dead to rights, don't play dumb, start talking dumb. Numerous women have gone off or tried to go off on me in public, I just ramble nonsensical **** to them. 40% they get distracted, and you can make an clean escape.

Like if I where in Drake's situation in the video, would have told Tyra "Why you go through my phone, that is a violation of Apple's terms of service, you can get sued for that", "Is that how you gonna honor Steve Job's memory", "My mom actually did not call me by name as a kid because she suffers with clinical depression, and eczema....have you seen 'The Night Of' "

You either infuriate her more, or she loses her train of thought. Either way your next move should be to hightail it outta there anyway, only question is if it gonna be a power walk or a quick sprint​

Last edited:
Eh I think if Wayne signs to Jay it lessens his legacy a bit. Cuz you know jay z wasn't finna do no passing of the torch type **** :lol:

When you think of Wayne you put him against Jay z now, whereas if he woulda signed he woulda been seen as up under still to this day. Before anyone says well Kanye, he's a diff story cuz he's pivotal in Jay z career.

I put Waynd against Jay Z in 08.

Not so much in 2016.

I say Hov would have definitely passed the torch. Especially since the lane Wayne was in (flooding the streets with mixtapes) was not the lane Hov was in at that time (Change Clothes, Liqour sponsorships, being a CEO).

If anything Hov would have done it because it would have kept the Roc in the streets while Hov was on his boss **** and Kanye handled the mainstream.

-That video sets a horrible example for dudes. When a chick got you dead to rights, don't play dumb, start talking dumb. Numerous women have gone off or tried to go off on me in public, I just ramble nonsensical **** to them. 40% they get distracted, and you can make an clean escape.

Like if I where in Drake's situation in the video, would have told Tyra "Why you go through my phone, that is a violation of Apple's terms of service, you can get sued for that", "Is that how you gonna honor Steve Job's memory", "My mom actually did not call me by name as a kid because she suffers with clinical depression, and eczema....have you seen 'The Night Of' "

You either infuriate her more, or she loses her train of thought. Either way your next move should be to hightail it outta there anyway, only question is if it gonna be a power walk or a quick sprint

:lol: my ***** what?

You either infuriate her more, or she loses her train of thought. Either way your next move should be to hightail it outta there anyway, only question is if it gonna be a power walk or a quick sprint
dahsodujafsdihufas wtf man lmaooo

At what point does Drake and Nicki bounce? I know they see how Birdman is treating his "son". Wayne on stage saying "**** Cash Money" right next to Drake, he just stood like "...Ok". :lol:

Every rapper whose ever signed to birdman complains about money. That story manny fresh told was sad :smh:

Master P had like 1,000 artist and non of 'em talk about bad about him.

It's crazy how young Wayne is yet he's been in the game so long

He needs to get of the lean go to rehab take a break from rap and then start fresh on the carter V
sober wayne is garbage. take a break from rap? he's been on hiatus since carter 4

hope drake didn't sign the lil wayne deal. he needs to get off cash/young money asap

he needs no one at this point. sign distro/apple deal and keep all the money 

I put Waynd against Jay Z in 08.

Not so much in 2016.

I say Hov would have definitely passed the torch. Especially since the lane Wayne was in (flooding the streets with mixtapes) was not the lane Hov was in at that time (Change Clothes, Liqour sponsorships, being a CEO).

If anything Hov would have done it because it would have kept the Roc in the streets while Hov was on his boss **** and Kanye handled the mainstream.

I'm saying overall career wise. He stands on his own two feet and gets put against Jay z when making a comparison. If he signed I doubt that'd be the case anymore.

you think apple or someone would ever buyout drakes contract? birdman probably wont let it happen though idk

Back
Top Bottom