🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Don't need the weekend ruining my Drake music

I really dont want to go there but "Almost half his album" could be three songs. I need song titles man, cause it could easily be the bottom tier of tracks on TC, cause he ruined The Ride with his wailing all over the beat, and his verse on Crew Love is non impactful. I need tangibles cause Weekend contributing to Drakes album and making songs that I like when he himself makes music I dont hate would be shocking. 

But quite frankly, I've listened to all of House of Balloons and parts of the other two songs of the Trilogy and I hated it all. So yeah, I can do without the Weekend. No Drake project post TC had any supposed Weekend influence and they're all great. So yeah. I can do without it.

Y'all don't understand what gave songs means though.

For instance "the ride" like son has his vocals looped in the background. That's it he didn't make the beat himself he don't rap so none of those bars are his, but that's one of the songs he gave to drake. It probably already had verses on it and they took it off and reworked it. I'm saying him giving drake 4 songs or so (and then we don't even know to what degree the song was given) is not enough for someone to pretend The Weeknd is the reason take care is a good album :lol: give that credit to whatever other alleged ghostwriter y'all wanna bring up today

Last edited:
"I gave him half of my album" isn't enough to acknowledge that Weeknd had a huge part in Take Care? You want specifics and intangibles, really? :lol:

I'm just gonna let y'all have it today.

Last edited:
"I gave him half of my album" isn't enough to acknowledge that Weeknd had a huge part in Take Care? You want specifics and intangibles, really?
laugh.gif

I dont see what the problem with that is.

"The Weeknd" gave him all the weakest songs on the album. Then what does it mean to me? Absolutely nothing. That is the point I'm making.

And the number matters. Take Care is an 20 song album. How many songs we're going to give The weeknd. Five (Since I think a 10 song album is a plausible number)? Thats not material.

Last edited:
"I gave him half of my album" isn't enough to acknowledge that Weeknd had a huge part in Take Care? You want specifics and intangibles, really?
laugh.gif

that's like the argument people make in here about ghostwriting though, some people came out and said Drake gets help writing songs, now all of a sudden Drake doesn't touch a pen or write a single word. Same exact argument.

Again, you are in here downplaying the contributions of somebody who contributed greatly to a so-called classic album. Wether YOU think they were good contributions or not *doesn't change that fact*. So please, stop trying so hard to downplay what this man did just because you don't like his music and want Drake to be great at everything.

Bro drake been told us what songs Weeknd helped with with when take care dropped.

Practice
Crew love
Doing it wrong
Shot for me
The ride

That's it

Subtract drake verse at the end from shot from me and doing it wrong and drake verse from crew love and those are weeknd songs.

I'm sorry but I just don't see the magnitude. Partynextdoor has greater contributions because he's making the beats and laying vocals on it. He's a more valuable asset IMO

Majority of y'all hate practice and say he ruined a classic, so I don't really wanna hear anything about that

The ride, let's just take that away because dude is responsible for the chorus and that's it

Doing it wrong ok cool

Crew love one of the best songs on there, bet

Shot for me one of the best songs on there too

So how does 3 and a half songs make him responsible for a Classic :lol:

Man please answer me this...

If these guys didn't do jack **** for his career, why is Drake's music so heavily influenced by them? Why does Thank Me Later sound like a glorified pop album with Hip Hop influence, but TakeCare sounds like left over Weeknd tracks thrown together?

Why is PND constantly getting his music taken from him? Why is he considered one of the best young artists out right now but his boss, the biggest rapper in the world, refuses (not can't or won't) to push him?

These are questions nobody can seem to answer. Y'all stay caping for this guy and refusing to acknowledge the simplest ****.

I also dont care for PnDs music. Yall can have this argument for the 100th time though, dont really care about it that much.

Last edited:
Majority of y'all hate practice and say he ruined a classic, so I don't really wanna hear anything about that

The ride, let's just take that away because dude is responsible for the chorus and that's it

Doing it wrong ok cool

Crew love one of the best songs on there, bet

Shot for me one of the best songs on there too

So how does 3 and a half songs make him responsible for a Classic :lol:

Who said he's responsible? I said he CONTRIBUTED greatly. 3 and half songs,who gives a ****, Aubrey still took them :lol:

Last edited:
:rofl: now y'all gon change the argument to he contributed really?? :lol: ***** nobody arguing that. That is a FACT. If that's all you all are saying then cool(but we know that's not the case)

Don't act like you don't have an agenda [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] as evident to your PND excerpt

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom