🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Cool album.

Crew Love is
pimp.gif
. Sounds like it could've been on one of The Weeknd's mixtapes.

"I try so hard not to be that dude that, that's just how I conduct myself. I don't want to be that guy. But I'm not scared of anybody. If you want to find out at any given moment, please see me in person. I am always willing to settle any issue that's on the table. And that's it."

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Is anyone else as shocked as I am that Boi-1da has only ONE song on this album? 
I mean...maybe im trippin, but these two have been making music with each other for years...I thought they would of had at least the 3rd of the album together. 

Is there a story to this? I know that he got into a great zone with 40 and everything but its hard to imagine in a year he didnt find the time to make more than 1 song for this album with 1da.

T-Minus > Boi-1da

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Is anyone else as shocked as I am that Boi-1da has only ONE song on this album? 
I mean...maybe im trippin, but these two have been making music with each other for years...I thought they would of had at least the 3rd of the album together. 

Is there a story to this? I know that he got into a great zone with 40 and everything but its hard to imagine in a year he didnt find the time to make more than 1 song for this album with 1da.
1da lowkey been trying to work with other ppl. 1da didnt even tell him about 9am in Dallas. Drake heard it thru chase n cashe. So its looking like T-Minus replaced him on this album.

Originally Posted by glasses

Originally Posted by jm2000

man, after reading all these interviews with drake dude is REALLY feeling himself

he has a couple hot features on radio singles and now he feels like he's a king

Dude really thinks he's putting out better quality music than Jay? LOL

Both of his albums are meh. Nothing that makes your head spin and eyes pop out. To be honest it's all pretty much the same thing, and mediocre at that. The best thing he has going for him is 40, which is accredited for his entire sound.

I really hope someone comes at his neck directly and specifically. no more of the beat around the bush. If you're gona talk about catching a body in one song then talk about saving strippers and forgiving $%#% for being $%#% in the next.

he needs to be brought back down to earth. Cuz he is delusional right now 
BP3 and WTT were mediocre at best tho ..
laugh.gif
BP3 was mediocre. Take into account that that's his 11th album. Drake was mediocre out the gate.

if WTT was so mediocre then why did the Kings weezy and drizzy scrap their collab album?

Simple. Drake knows weezy is garbage and doesn't wanna do a full album with him.

Originally Posted by jm2000

man, after reading all these interviews with drake dude is REALLY feeling himself

he has a couple hot features on radio singles and now he feels like he's a king

Dude really thinks he's putting out better quality music than Jay? LOL

Both of his albums are meh. Nothing that makes your head spin and eyes pop out. To be honest it's all pretty much the same thing, and mediocre at that. The best thing he has going for him is 40, which is accredited for his entire sound.

I really hope someone comes at his neck directly and specifically. no more of the beat around the bush. If you're gona talk about catching a body in one song then talk about saving strippers and forgiving $%#% for being $%#% in the next.

he needs to be brought back down to earth. Cuz he is delusional right now 
BP3 and WTT were mediocre at best tho ..
laugh.gif
if WTT was so mediocre then why did the Kings weezy and drizzy scrap their collab album?

Because even if they did go through with it, folks would still be talking down on the album, calling it a knock-off/imitation of WTT. 

No one would call it an imitation of WTT cause I can guarentee not one topic would be the same. They would compare it but no one would say knock off

damn I'm glad this post is back open. I really like the album. I like the growth, the depth. Its a great listening experience. I'm gonna pick up a copy

Anybody else here a lil SADE on "The Ride"? Maybe she just put a lil something down a la MJ on "girls girls girls"

I think that and HYFR are my favorites, Look what you done too.

btw

I HOPE y'all not thinking this clown $!% %!!@% "big ghost" is the one and only Tony Starks

Yall talking like Drake is a second coming messiah. The boy was an actor! He had a musician dad. The only issue he had was getting buzz outside of Canada. Everyone is quit to say we are haters and blah blah because of his "success". The boy was successful before he even picked up a blackberry to jot down his rhymes. He can have the staying power of Jigga but he will always and forever be know first, and foremost by his portray of Wheel Chair Jimmy.

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

Yall talking like Drake is a second coming messiah. The boy was an actor! He had a musician dad. The only issue he had was getting buzz outside of Canada. Everyone is quit to say we are haters and blah blah because of his "success". The boy was successful before he even picked up a blackberry to jot down his rhymes. He can have the staying power of Jigga but he will always and forever be know first, and foremost by his portray of Wheel Chair Jimmy.
Wow at the amount of ignorance in this post.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

btw

I HOPE y'all not thinking this clown $!% %!!@% "big ghost" is the one and only Tony Starks
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
There's actually people on here who do think that's the real ghostface. You should scan some of the
comments on random reviews on that blog. There's people going in on that dude as if they 100% know it's
the real GFK. Classic stuff right there.

^ my man a good friend of mine text me like "peep ghost face goin in on drake album! he did the same for WTT and C4 too! whats his deal?"

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

No one would call it an imitation of WTT cause I can guarentee not one topic would be the same. They would compare it but no one would say knock off

This. and the Real H.E.R. proved Wayne could make a decent verse and that would be the only Wayne project I would be interested in. They prolly were done with half of it and heard WTT and said f it.

I can listen to TML all the way thru, cant say the same for TC.  But it is kinda soon to tell, it may grow on me.

i haven't listened to alot of it but from what i've heard im not impressed. It's like he is stuck between rap and r n b and does both of them half %#%

As a whole, I would say this is better than TML, but outside of "Lord Knows" and "Under Ground Kings", I can't pick out anything else
that REALLY bumps on here, like standout stuff. I was about to say there wasn't as much singing on the album than I originally thought,
until right after "Cameras", where the album just nosedives into maple syrup sweetness. That seems like it was done on purpose though
after such an epic beat Just Blaze did on "Lord Knows", which pretty much overpowered anything Drake said. I was about to give the
stoneface during Kendrick Lamar's verse until I figured out he was just f'ing around before he just went in
sick.gif
pimp.gif
. A lot of times KL's
delivery/flow can be taken as annoying, but that wasn't the case at all on here, proving that you really DON'T have to sound monotone
or exactly the same on every track (like Drake on here and J.Cole on most of Cole World). Nicki was cool on her feature,
roll.gif
@ Wayne's
features and Birdman's talking at the end of one of the tracks, they didn't contribute anything to the album.
laugh.gif
Overall I'd give it a 7/10.
And the last 12 seconds of "Over My Dead Body" is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

*continues to have KL's verse on repeat*

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

^ my man a good friend of mine text me like "peep ghost face goin in on drake album! he did the same for WTT and C4 too! whats his deal?"
laugh.gif
 That's exactly what it is. You would think people figured it out already after Wiz Khalifa had egg on his face after dissing GFK thinking that
was really him.

My assessment of the album…Drake fan by the way, but unbiased (if that's possible)

Very good piece of work. Sonically, it's right there as album of the year. It sounds great, and you can tell its well put together and that he worked to actually craft an entire album and not just 19 songs and threw them together.

It's better than thank me later, but thank me later has more hits. Regardless, and I was having this discussion with my brother, he rapped better on Thank Me Later. That being said though, I enjoy the combination of Singing and rapping on most of his verses now. I think that's what separates him from the rest of the rappers in the game today, and that's what makes him to me the best artist in the game today. I think that had he just rapped, and didn't sing, he would just be another typical "good/decent rapper" because he only tells his life, his stories. He doesn't choose to diversify his lyrics ala a 2pac, or even a J. Cole, who tell the stories of not just themselves, but of others as well. As a result, his raps are really shallow…really really shallow. That was no more apparent than on this album.

I enjoyed it though, thought that the album as a whole is a good 8.5/10. If you're looking for anything other than typical drake though, then you probably won't like it. This is drake's finest piece of work, and the proper sequel to So Far Gone. Just real music about his life. I also really liked the fact that he didn't give you the typical 12 to 14 track album, there are 19 tracks on this album, 21 if you count the two almost full length interludes. And that's not including Free spirt, Dreams Money Can Buy, Club Paradise, and Trust issues which all could have been on the album imo. So there is a lot of material.

Standout tracks to me:
Shot For Me
Hate Sleeping alone
Marvin's Room
Good Ones Go
Lord Knows
Doing it Wrong
The Ride
Crew Love
The Rid

Back
Top Bottom