🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

The Motion is a decent effort but the beat is boring. That sound was done before when The Roots did "Break You Off" and I prefer The Root's version much more. 

He needs to get rid of those Lil Wayne bars "All this capital it's like I left the caps lock on" ******** :smh:

I mean, it wasn't the best line by itself but it did set that clever "See I can still talk keys without pitching 'Caine" line up really well.

He needs to get rid of those Lil Wayne bars "All this capital it's like I left the caps lock on" ********
mean.gif
I mean, it wasn't the best line by itself but it did set that clever "See I can still talk keys without pitching 'Caine" line up really well.
Alright, well this line then "I see straight through them like fish tanks with no fish in them."  I mean, either way dude has gotten a little lazy with his raps especially my least favorite line: "Bought a white Ghost, now **** is gettin' spooky / Very, very scary, like **** you see in the movies..."

I've listened to The Motion like 30 times today....unreal...and this is a throw away track.

Sept 17, where are you?

These tracks are all forgettable. You guys just let the zeitgeist blind you. Same ones that hailed Lil Wayne as G.O.A.T during the Drought 3 era. Same ones that thought 50 was G.O.A.T during his reign. Cats just like who's hot.

He needs to get rid of those Lil Wayne bars "All this capital it's like I left the caps lock on" ********
mean.gif
Alright, well this line then "I see straight through them like fish tanks with no fish in them."  I mean, either way dude has gotten a little lazy with his raps especially my least favorite line: "Bought a white Ghost, now **** is gettin' spooky / Very, very scary, like **** you see in the movies..."
Set up the clever "Drizzy still got some 06 in him" line, acknowledging that a lot of try hard hip hop heads like to say that Comeback Season and prior were his last good raps.

Set up the clever "Drizzy still got some 06 in him" line, acknowledging that a lot of try hard hip hop heads like to say that Comeback Season and prior were his last good raps.
I'll let the other line go, but this line was not clever.  Come on man
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I'll let the other line go, but this line was not clever.  Come on man
laugh.gif
mean.gif
I couldn't find a better word to describe it other than "clever" . . . but I liked the reassurance he gave off in that line . . . nice little nod to those that recognized the Comeback Season haircut

I couldn't find a better word to describe it other than "clever" . . . but I liked the reassurance he gave off in that line . . . nice little nod to those that recognized the Comeback Season haircut

yeah i liked the line too, but clever it was not. :lol:

than who thinks?

he has the most #1 singles ever for a rap artist.  obviously he's one of the biggest artists in the world.

but when you talk about him being one of the goats?  based on what?

he doesn't have an album on par with Jay or Nas' first albums.

you can't even say he invented a style/genre because early RnB drake was just a ***** that couldn't sing and the style of **** he does now was birthed by Kanye on 808s.  his rap voice isn't his real voice (literally and metaphorically) and he takes on the flavor of whoever he's featuring with.

so it's too early to say Drake is one of the greats/will be the greatest ever.

let the dude make an all time album first.  stop rushing to be the first to declare something just so you can point back to it if it happens.

let him grow.  there's no hurry.

Bravo.

Back
Top Bottom