🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

:rofl:

do you know what insecure means?

and also in some dude's minds, including mine, caring that much about the next mans business moves (essentially his choices in life)

is annoying because you don't know that man personally. leaving a label is more than a music decision. it's a personal, business decision

and dudes going on about what he should do and why is lame. you just a fan. you don't know this man's life. :lol:

and when i say "you" i'm not necessarily talking about you personally, but dudes who go on and on about why he should leave.
Again nobody was going on and on about anything. Some of you are making this into something that it wasn't. I understand in the past there probably were people acting up but that's not going on now.

Also it's the Internet. Talking about people and their personal lives is what the Internet is all about.

Exactly.​
He's in the perfect position. He can literally make any move he wants.​
Yeah but that's my point. He has virtually unparalleled freedom. Who's to say that he gets that at another label? Then there's the loyalty factor. And the fact that YM has done nothing to make Drake want to leave, so why would he? There's literally no "Good" reason why he Should leave
laugh.gif
Huh?  He started his own label, OVO Sound, under Warner Bros.  I assume he'd have just as much freedom under his own label than he would with Young Money/Cash Money.

On another note, if any of you bothered to read my initial post then you'd realize it was just a simple question and an observation, no need to turn it into an argument
laugh.gif
mean.gif
.   If you didn't hear the interview, then you don't know what I'm talking about, so why reply?  If you did hear the interview, then give your take on her response.  It's too easy, but, of course, someone has to reply without reading the entire post and change the discussion of the thread
eyes.gif

Huh?  He started his own label, OVO Sound, under Warner Bros.  I assume he'd have just as much freedom under his own label than he would with Young Money/Cash Money.

On another note, if any of you bothered to read my initial post then you'd realize it was just a simple question and an observation, no need to turn it into an argument :lol: :smh: .  If you didn't hear the interview, then you don't know what I'm talking about, so why reply?  If you did hear the interview, then give your take on her response.  It's too easy, but, of course, someone has to reply without reading the entire post and change the discussion of the thread :rolleyes ...

I definitely heard Nicki's interview. Sounded like she was shading drake for his lack of loyalty to Young Money. It was almost as if she was saying how he thinks he's bigger than wayne and ym and that he's been disrespectful. AMA Awards last year when she won she literally walked right past drake without saying a word, pulled tyga on stage with her, and went on a rant about being loyal to Young Money.

And yes he started his own "Label," but its still a subsidiary to another label (Warner bros). Which brings me to my point, HIS LABEL is under Warner Bros. HE HIMSELF AS AN ARTIST is still a CM/YM/Universal Republic artist. So as far as this discussion goes, his label that he created doesn't have much to do with this. And like I said, as an artist he has unparalleled freedom, which at the MOST another label could match. And sure, if he left CM/YM it would be for OVO/Warner in all likelihood, but why? He IS OVO already :lol: (except on the music aspect, he gets his royalties for albums through CM/YM/Univ.Republic) and he's an extremely loyal person. Why burn unnecessary bridges? It's not like he isn't getting paid, and the contract(s) he's gotten from CM/YM/Univ.Republic are contracts that are extremely rare, especially his first deal, which was an extremely rarity for an indie artist. He's getting paid handsomely, has all of the creative freedom he could ask for, all under the first person who ever believed in him. No reason to leave at all.

IMO the whole distancing himself from YM is a purposeful thing like I said. He knows the stigma that comes with being on a label with little twist, little chuckee, gudda gudda, jae millz, etc. Plus, as a person who has creative freedom musically, none of the Young Money artist provide anything that suggest he should be on records other than Wayne's and Nicki's.

On another note, if any of you bothered to read my initial post then you'd realize it was just a simple question and an observation, no need to turn it into an argument :lol: :smh: .  If you didn't hear the interview, then you don't know what I'm talking about, so why reply?  If you did hear the interview, then give your take on her response.  It's too easy, but, of course, someone has to reply without reading the entire post and change the discussion of the thread :rolleyes ...

I definitely heard Nicki's interview. Sounded like she was shading drake for his lack of loyalty to Young Money. It was almost as if she was saying how he thinks he's bigger than wayne and ym and that he's been disrespectful. AMA Awards last year when she won she literally walked right past drake without saying a word, pulled tyga on stage with her, and went on a rant about being loyal to Young Money.

And yes he started his own "Label," but its still a subsidiary to another label (Warner bros). Which brings me to my point, HIS LABEL is under Warner Bros. HE HIMSELF AS AN ARTIST is still a CM/YM/Universal Republic artist. So as far as this discussion goes, his label that he created doesn't have much to do with this. And like I said, as an artist he has unparalleled freedom, which at the MOST another label could match. And sure, if he left CM/YM it would be for OVO/Warner in all likelihood, but why? He IS OVO already :lol: (except on the music aspect, he gets his royalties for albums through CM/YM/Univ.Republic) and he's an extremely loyal person. Why burn unnecessary bridges? It's not like he isn't getting paid, and the contract(s) he's gotten from CM/YM/Univ.Republic are contracts that are extremely rare, especially his first deal, which was an extremely rarity for an indie artist. He's getting paid handsomely, has all of the creative freedom he could ask for, all under the first person who ever believed in him. No reason to leave at all.

IMO the whole distancing himself from YM is a purposeful thing like I said. He knows the stigma that comes with being on a label with little twist, little chuckee, gudda gudda, jae millz, etc. Plus, as a person who has creative freedom musically, none of the Young Money artist provide anything that suggest he should be on records other than Wayne's and Nicki's.
Man I just hope he speaks on it either on the album or in a interview cause I'm curious as well on what's going on with them I remember hearing them beefing on the set of "******* love me"

Man I just hope he speaks on it either on the album or in a interview cause I'm curious as well on what's going on with them I remember hearing them beefing on the set of "******* love me"

Beef? Man what :lol: ? He just re-upped with YM earlier this year for at least 3 more albums and Wayne just brought him out to perform on his tour tonight :lol:

Inb4 "Drake needs to leave ym" "he's gonna leave I know it" "he doesn't even really mess with Wayne like that they aren't even friends" give it a rest. ****** been saying that **** since 09

drake/ym is still making more money then everyone else i think ? why leave....

This conversation happens literally every year, then his album releases he screams something like "YM til the death of me" and then everybody is quiet lol. It makes 0 sense for him to leave and Go with jay, he has an amazing deal at YM. If he does leave I'm pretty sure it will be to be independent. But I don't see that happening for a while, dude seems to be extremely loyal

All of these.

On another note, if any of you bothered to read my initial post then you'd realize it was just a simple question and an observation, no need to turn it into an argument
laugh.gif
mean.gif
.  If you didn't hear the interview, then you don't know what I'm talking about, so why reply?  If you did hear the interview, then give your take on her response.  It's too easy, but, of course, someone has to reply without reading the entire post and change the discussion of the thread
eyes.gif

And yes he started his own "Label," but its still a subsidiary to another label (Warner bros). Which brings me to my point, HIS LABEL is under Warner Bros. HE HIMSELF AS AN ARTIST is still a CM/YM/Universal Republic artist. So as far as this discussion goes, his label that he created doesn't have much to do with this. And like I said, as an artist he has unparalleled freedom, which at the MOST another label could match. And sure, if he left CM/YM it would be for OVO/Warner in all likelihood, but why? He IS OVO already
laugh.gif
(except on the music aspect, he gets his royalties for albums through CM/YM/Univ.Republic) and he's an extremely loyal person. Why burn unnecessary bridges? It's not like he isn't getting paid, and the contract(s) he's gotten from CM/YM/Univ.Republic are contracts that are extremely rare, especially his first deal, which was an extremely rarity for an indie artist. He's getting paid handsomely, has all of the creative freedom he could ask for, all under the first person who ever believed in him. No reason to leave at all.

Thank you, that's all I was asking about initially.  And as for the label stuff, I'll take your word for it because I know nothing about the music business, I assumed OVO Sound being under Warner Bros. would be the same as Cash Money being under Universal.  Either way,  the first part is what I really wanted this discussion to be about...

Beef? Man what :lol: ? He just re-upped with YM earlier this year for at least 3 more albums and Wayne just brought him out to perform on his tour tonight :lol:
How do u know he reupped? Link?
:nerd:

I just hope its a limited amount of the Weeknd, cant stand dudes "music". Hes only good in very small doses, like Crew love. That constant loop of him on The Ride butchered that track for me.
Dam pleighboi. 
mean.gif

Missing out, dudes music is fire.

Weeknd made that track piff.

i'm guessing the new track that supposed to drop is titled All Me.

DrizzyVerified account‏@Drake
All Me.

:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom