🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Ya'll dudes just don't get it. This ain't some 50 vs Ja type of ****. 50 didn't want Ja to eat, that was personal. This is good competition, nothing more. Drake is in ya'll top 5, we get it ya'll love him but ya'll going above and beyond to defend him sounding hurt. No other rapper reacted the way he did. Pusha, Meek, Krit, Wale, Big Sean all of 'em know what the verse was about.

You not getting it though. They didn't react that way, good for them. But they had every right to if they wanted. The ***** said he wants to make all of them obsolete :lol: how is that even remotely okay :lol: ?

I'm not defending drake, I don't give a damn about his reaction to it, and I don't see how I sound "hurt" :lol:, but what he said was right. That's not competition. You can only "compete" in music via sales, chart position, etc.

Wanting for another artist to not eat is not competition. I'm not saying it's a personal attack, but it's closer to a personal attack than good old competition. If he said something along the lines of "I make better music than all of y'all, yadayadaya whatever" then that would be competition. (And even then, that would be stupid)

And this is where the sports and music analogy stops. It just doesn't make sense. In sports, you literally have an opponent for that game. You are supposed to try and beat them. That's what you do to your opponent in sports.

In music, it really isn't like that despite what rappers say. One person eating in rap does not depend on making sure the other one doesn't. Kendrick eating has nothing to do with Drake eating. This isn't sports. In music, you make music . The only competition in actuality is yourself, trying to out do your previous effort. In sports? You literally have to beat someone to win the game. That's just not the case in music. In sports, a win is the result of someone loosing. In music? A win does not mean someone else has to lose. Drake, Wale, Kendrick, Cole, Sean, all are winning right now. None of those guys have to try to kill each other's fanbases to win.

So, for Kendrick to want to take all of those guys out, he's basically saying he wants to make sure they don't eat anymore. That's a diss. I would take that personal to a degree, to which I don't even think Drake did. Kendrick legit said he's trying to murder Drake on the mic, make sure he doesn't eat anymore...he doesn't want Drake to have any fans left...then acted like none of that transpired. So it's understandable why he was put off by that.
I've seen all of his interviews, he didn't come off hurt to me. He came off honest.

WRONG.

Music Rules =/= Hip-Hop Rules.

Obviously multiple people can be successful, but the early stages and throughout HIP HOP competition has been a theme.

see the issue is Drake ain't hip-hop. it's cool. it's not an insult. he doesn't have to be.

he can rap, but he doesn't carry the spirit of hip-hop. Kendrick does.

it IS competition. you can't just make up your own rules and say it's not.

we clearly know Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez, for example, don't look at it like a sport but THEY'RE NOT HIP HOP.

Drake don't want any parts of that. and that's fine....but that's why he's taking it personally and clearly why you would.

you don't care about the competitive nature of hip hop (more so you don't think it's a thing)

WRONG.

Obviously multiple people can be successful, but the early stages and throughout HIP HOP competition has been a theme.

see the issue is Drake ain't hip-hop. it's cool. it's not an insult. he doesn't have to be.

we clearly know Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez, for example, don't look at it like a sport but THEY'RE NOT HIP HOP.

Drake don't want any parts of that. and that's fine....but that's why he's taking it personally and clearly why you would.

you don't care about the competitive nature of hip hop (more so you don't think it's a thing)

Why is Hip-Hop a competition?

Mind you, in order for something to be a competition someone has to win, and someone has to lose. How can someone "win" and someone "lose" in Hip-Hop?

Someone can be more popular, but you will find a consensus on if someone "won" or "lost" in Hip-Hop "Competition" because music is subjective, and anytime there's subjectivity it can't be competition.

And for the record Drake is Hip-Hop and I wouldn't take it personal at all, because I would assume that he didn't mean any malice intent with what he said. BUT, what he said was pretty malicious, and "Crab in a bucket" like, when it never has to be like that in Hip-Hop, nor music period.

Last edited:
Yeah that makes no sense; if you're a DB and your boy is a WR you have to play against each other it's a game

Kendrick went at Drake for personal gain when Drake helped him with his personal gain

Poetic Justice got a lot more spins due to Drake's presence which in turn puts people onto Kendrick; the regular Joe knows Drake not Kendrick

Kendrick still goes platinum without Drake. Swimming Pools was a way bigger single than Poetic Justice so don't make it seem like Drake had that much of an impact on Kendricks success especially since he had a movement growing before Drake came into the picture and he signed a joint venture with Aftermath. Personal gain when kendrick was already platinum? It's not like he only called out Drake, he called out EVERY young artist grinding right now whether he was more popular than them or not, Jay Elect doesn't even have an album out and he named him.

Honestly the best thing Drake did for Kendrick was have on Buried Alive that exposed Kendrick to Drakes entire fanbase

And the fact that Buried Alive is arguably one of the top songs on Take Care shows alot, Poetic Justice didnt do much for Kendrick tho it wasnt a single so it really didnt boost sales for him

Poetic Justice was a single, it was the 4th official one.

Well it was made a single after thhe album first week sales were out

Buried alive? One of the best songs on take care? lol I hit the next button as soon as marvins room is over. Fugg dot

Buried alive better than all of Take Care

Ya'll dudes just don't get it. This ain't some 50 vs Ja type of ****. 50 didn't want Ja to eat, that was personal. This is good competition, nothing more. Drake is in ya'll top 5, we get it ya'll love him but ya'll going above and beyond to defend him sounding hurt. No other rapper reacted the way he did. Pusha, Meek, Krit, Wale, Big Sean all of 'em know what the verse was about.

You not getting it though. They didn't react that way, good for them. But they had every right to if they wanted. The ***** said he wants to make all of them obsolete :lol: how is that even remotely okay :lol: ?

I'm not defending drake, I don't give a damn about his reaction to it, and I don't see how I sound "hurt" :lol:, but what he said was right. That's not competition. You can only "compete" in music via sales, chart position, etc.

Wanting for another artist to not eat is not competition. I'm not saying it's a personal attack, but it's closer to a personal attack than good old competition. If he said something along the lines of "I make better music than all of y'all, yadayadaya whatever" then that would be competition. (And even then, that would be stupid)

Son, do you know rappers have been battling for decades now. Sales and chart position doesn't mean **** when these dudes want to prove who the better rapper is. You can step on the court and play 21 with one of boys and kill him 21 - 0 and still be cool afterwards. That's all his verse was. It wasn't close to a personal attack. :lol: :smh:

Kendrick didn't literally mean he wanted them to not eat :lol:. It's Hip Hop. It's battling. Maybe I just come from a different school of thought than ya'll.

WRONG.

Mind you, in order for something to be a competition someone has to win, and someone has to lose. How can someone "win" and someone "lose" in Hip-Hop?

Someone can be more popular, but you will find a consensus on if someone "won" or "lost" in Hip-Hop "Competition" because music is subjective, and anytime there's subjectivity it can't be competition.

look at the origins of hip hop. It has always been about competition, who's the best, who's on top and who's gunning for that spot

(south bronx, south south bronx)

battle rap, disses, all part of hip hop

Maybe the sports analogy ends with other genres, but not with hip hop

And for the record Drake is Hip-Hop and I wouldn't take it personal at all, because I would assume that he didn't mean any malice intent with what he said. BUT, what he said was pretty malicious, and "Crab in a bucket" like, when it never has to be like that in Hip-Hop, nor music period.

are you serious right now?

it's like that because the architects made it about that.

like said ALREADY...no **** you don't have to take someone out to make music and win, but that's not the ******g point.

this is getting really annoying because i feel like i'm talking to someone who's trying to ignore the facts.

HIP-HOP WAS MADE TO BE COMPETITIVE BY THE PEOPLE WHO BIRTHED IT! that's WHY! simple.

so all that **** you saying is irrelevant because hip hop is it's own culture w/ it's own rules.

and please tell me how Drake is hip-hop?

before now i would say he was, but if he can't take this simple jab for what it is then clearly, like you, he's unaware or doesn't care about that element of hip-hop.

you're looking at it literally like "okay Drake won that game so Kendrick had to lose"

NOBODY is talking about that...nobody anywhere ever insinuated that.

EVERYONE who knows hip-hop knows competitive means everybody's fighting to be the hottest dude out.

why you think it's so many rap songs about RAPPING?

you ever hear Michael Jackson sing about how he was the king of pop?

you ever hear Bob Dylan make a song about how he's the most lyrical singer? NO!

But does EVERY rapper at some point rap about how good they rap? yes.

i feel like i could explain this to a child and they'd understand, but hey whatever if you don't get it you don't get it.

Son, do you know rappers have been battling for decades now. Sales and chart position doesn't mean **** when these dudes want to prove who the better rapper is. You can step on the court and play 21 with one of boys and kill him 21 - 0 and still be cool afterwards. That's all his verse was. It wasn't close to a personal attack. :lol: :smh:

Kendrick didn't literally mean he wanted them to not eat :lol:. It's Hip Hop. It's battling. Maybe I just come from a different school of thought than ya'll.

Battle Rapping isn't music to many for one, and even so that is subjective. We could both be easily watching the same battle and think differently about who won. That right there makes it not real competition. You can't just make your own definition on what makes competition :lol: it has to be definitive b. A winner, and a loser.

And that 21 example has absolutely nothing to do with my point. If I beat my boy 21 0, then through actual competition, i'm proving i'm better than him. I can say I'm better than him in hoops, because I can prove it with actual facts. That's why sports analogies can't cross over into music. It just can't.

And if you want to phrase Kendrick's verse as "Battling," then that's fine. But don't make it into a competitive thing. The fact that it's music almost automatically makes it not competitive.

Battle Rapping isn't music to many for one, and even so that is subjective. We could both be easily watching the same battle and think differently about who won. That right there makes it not real competition. You can't just make your own definition on what makes competition :lol: it has to be definitive b. A winner, and a loser.

And that 21 example has absolutely nothing to do with my point. If I beat my boy 21 0, then through actual competition, i'm proving i'm better than him. I can say I'm better than him in hoops, because I can prove it with actual facts. That's why sports analogies can't cross over into music. It just can't.

And if you want to phrase Kendrick's verse as "Battling," then that's fine. But don't make it into a competitive thing. The fact that it's music almost automatically makes it not competitive.

but the definition of competition isn't 1 winner vs. 1 loser though.

almost every word has different meanings and connotations when used in different contexts.

therefore, in hip hop competition means to see who's the better rapper, who got the hottest album, etc.

who cares if it's subjective...that's why there's debate. because different people have different views of who's

in what place in this whole competition.

now sir if you can't see that then maybe an english teacher should chime in and tell you more about connotation.

are you serious right now?

it's like that because the architects made it about that.

like said ALREADY...no **** you don't have to take someone out to make music and win, but that's not the ******g point.

this is getting really annoying because i feel like i'm talking to someone who's trying to ignore the facts.

HIP-HOP WAS MADE TO BE COMPETITIVE BY THE PEOPLE WHO BIRTHED IT! that's WHY! simple.

so all that **** you saying is irrelevant because hip hop is it's own culture w/ it's own rules.

and please tell me how Drake is hip-hop?

before now i would say he was, but if he can't take this simple jab for what it is then clearly, like you, he's unaware or doesn't care about that element of hip-hop.

you're looking at it literally like "okay Drake won that game so Kendrick had to lose"

NOBODY is talking about that...nobody anywhere ever insinuated that.

EVERYONE who knows hip-hop knows competitive means everybody's fighting to be the hottest dude out.

why you think it's so many rap songs about RAPPING?

you ever hear Michael Jackson sing about how he was the king of pop?

you ever hear Bob Dylan make a song about how he's the most lyrical singer? NO!

But does EVERY rapper at some point rap about how good they rap? yes.

i feel like i could explain this to a child and they'd understand, but hey whatever if you don't get it you don't get it.

You just aren't making sense man. I don't think you understand what Competition is :lol: you are the one who's actually making up rules here. All I'm saying is that you can't say what Kendrick did was competition. If he said he was better, then maybe (But that's not competition either) but again, he said he wanted to render them obsolete. That's not competition, that's more of an attack on those guys careers. He may have meant otherwise, but go by what he said g.

How old are you? That statement..... :x

I take it you don't agree with what I said :lol: ? I mean, okay? I mean it's music, if you feel differently you know, that's mine. Marvin's Room :smokin

Pound Cake is the best all around Hip Hop track on the album

Followed by Too Much

Last edited:
i'm makin complete 100% sense.

your whole argument now is based on the meaning of competition.

an 8th grade student could tell you that words don't only have one specific meaning.

the things i'm saying are ALL provable.

i can prove everything i'm saying.

hip-hop being based on competition by the architects...i can prove that.

words having different meanings/connotations in different contexts...i can prove that.

why? So he could spit another underwhelming verse about his cunnilingus ability?

His music sucks right now. I was happy Wayne aint on this. He would've added nothing.
Yup. Wayne woulda make one of those more hype just off energy alone. The language or 305 woulda been perfect. They both sound like they missing something.
mean.gif
though birdman did come thru with that crack
smokin.gif
laugh.gif
Bruh is hilarious in the locker room interviews

Forever a classic

but the definition of competition isn't 1 winner vs. 1 loser though.

almost every word has different meanings and connotations when used in different contexts.

therefore, in hip hop competition means to see who's the better rapper, who got the hottest album, etc.

who cares if it's subjective...that's why there's debate. because different people have different views of who's

in what place in this whole competition.

now sir if you can't see that then maybe an english teacher should chime in and tell you more about connotation.

Fair enough. I actually do understand what you are saying. But normally, when someone is competing against another, one can tell who's the victor, in most cases.

So for me, I guess what I'm getting at is in Hip-Hop, how do you determine who's better and who has the hottest album,etc. what's the criteria? It's so loose that IMO I can't consider it competition.

And even so, Kendrick went beyond saying he was better than those guys anyway.

i'm makin complete 100% sense.

your whole argument now is based on the meaning of competition.

an 8th grade student could tell you that words don't only have one specific meaning.

the things i'm saying are ALL provable.

i can prove everything i'm saying.

hip-hop being based on competition by the architects...i can prove that.

words having different meanings/connotations in different contexts...i can prove that.

Can you prove why Kendrick is a better rapper than Drake? Can You Prove why GKMC is better than Take Care or NWTS?

And like I said, Kendrick went beyond competition. Look at what he literally said b.

Shoeking2101, do you ever watch rap battles? Dudes say a whole lot of foul things but after it's over they dap up, move on, and come harder the next time. So Drake can say things like "I'm the greatest" disregarding what his peers are doing in the game but when an artist that isn't him does a different variation of it it's bad? Kendrick was metaphorically speaking when he said he wanted to take away their core fan bases, if he was serious he would unleash a flood of diss tracks (like 50) not continue to put out regular songs. It would be impossible for kendrick to take away their core fans bases through non-diss tracks no matter how many classics he drops. By your logic you must think Kendrick wants to end each one of their lives because he said that in his verse right?

Shoeking2101, do you ever watch rap battles? Dudes say a whole lot of foul things but after it's over they dap up, move on, and come harder the next time. So Drake can say things like "I'm the greatest" disregarding what his peers are doing in the game but when an artist that isn't him does a different variation of it it's bad? Kendrick was metaphorically speaking when he said he wanted to take away their core fan bases, if he was serious he would unleash a flood of diss tracks (like 50) not continue to put out regular songs. It would be impossible for kendrick to take away their core fans bases through non-diss tracks no matter how many classics he drops. By your logic you must think Kendrick wants to end each one of their lives because he said that in his verse right?

Well see, that's it right there.

i took it literal. And apparently Drake did too. If someone says they are better than you, that's one thing, but to want to completely make them irrelevant is another.

I'm not going by a metaphorical sense, or anything. I'm going by what he said. I'm sure he meant that he wants to be "the best" (Whatever that means in Hip-Hop) but when I heard it, I took that part as actuality.

For real man how old are you? :lol:

Hip Hop is a sport, it's always been. Damn near every rapper that has picked up a mic knows this. Yes music is subjective, we all know that but in Hip Hop battling and being competitive has always been apart of the culture. Whether you think it's music or not, it doesn't matter.

Hit Em Up was personal
Ether was personal

Kendrick's verse was nothing but telling _'s "I'm the best and ya'll need to step up". If anybody thinks that's personal you're flat out soft.

Last edited:

i took it literal. And apparently Drake did too. If someone says they are better than you, that's one thing, but to want to completely make them irrelevant is another.

I'm not going by a metaphorical sense, or anything. I'm going by what he said. I'm sure he meant that he wants to be "the best" (Whatever that means in Hip-Hop) but when I heard it, I took that part as actuality.

but you don't take it all the way literal, it's not like you think kendrick is actually going to murder Drake, literally :lol:

you take it metaphorical but not all the way with it, half and half

You think he wants to literally kill each one of them too?

For real man how old are you? :lol:

Hip Hop is a sport, it's always been. Damn near every rapper that has picked up a mic knows this. Yes music is subjective, we all know that but in Hip Hop battling and being competitive has always been apart of the culture. Whether you think it's music or not, it doesn't matter.

Hit Em Up was personal
Ether was personal

Kendrick's verse was nothing but telling _'s "I'm the best and ya'll need to step up". If anybody thinks that's personal you're flat out soft.

No, if Kendrick said "I'm the best, y'all need to step up" then that would be what he meant. He didn't say that. You're inferring b.

You keep saying Hip-Hop is a sport, always has been. That doesn't mean it's true. I understand that words in certain contexts have different meanings, but even so, in Hip-Hop right now, how can this be a sport? In sport you're trying to be better than someone. How can you be better than someone in Hip-Hop :lol: ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom