🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

First off, we don't know for sure what happened, what was even said, if it was said off the record etc.

2nd, if he did say it, and it was "off the record".....

If you were stupid enough to believe it was "off the record" when you were talking to the press, and then you're going to turn around and get mad about the words that came out of your mouth, you're a clown.

"Own your ****."

Last edited:
Why are people getting rustled over an interview? I don't understand why dudes nitpick his every move, grown men feeling some type of way over this is comedy.

Last edited:
First off, we don't know for sure what happened, what was even said, if it was said off the record etc.

2nd, if he did say it, and it was "off the record".....

If you were stupid enough to believe it was "off the record" when you were talking to the press, and then you're going to turn around and get mad about the words that came out of your mouth, you're a clown.

"Own your ****."
I disagree. I work in the media and regularly talk to grizzled veterans who keep stuff OTR, off the record. The current state of journalism is filled with hacks as seen by Rolling Stone's latest stunt to stay relevant.

Why are people getting rustled over an interview? I don't understand why dudes nitpick his every move, grown men feeling some type of way over this is comedy.

who's feeling some type of way though?

what exactly are we supposed to do? ****** can't comment?

why are you on NT? everyone seems like they're stating their opinion.

nobody who's posted seems upset.....besides you :lol:

I disagree. I work in the media and regularly talk to grizzled veterans who keep stuff OTR, off the record. The current state of journalism is filled with hacks as seen by Rolling Stone's latest stunt to stay relevant.

I have a loose understanding of media in this sense. I do get where you're coming from.

But information in power in any medium. That info isn't good to anyone if it can't be shared. So whats the point of Drake even saying that **** to someone "off the record".

You're a well known musician/"celebrity". The idea that you're going to comment on another well known musician/"celebrity"'s work in that manner and it ISN'T going to be used is naive in my opinion.

Maybe he truly trusted the reporter. Maybe the reporter "overheard it" (hard to believe in the context of a cover story interview).

To me this is less about him being betrayed by the media (again....come on....) than it is about how laughably hypocritical it is.

I think the underlying theme here is he's calling out the next man's actions but not owning up to his own.

Potentially :lol:

Last edited:

I visit this thread to discuss or discover his new music, but I can see its mostly about loving or hating every other thing he does.

Hope that answers your question.

People posting paragraphs about one line about Kanye and calling him names like clown and douchebag isn't being upset? :lol:

^Aubrey is that you?
nerd.gif
^hey you're the one following me on twitter

I visit this thread to discuss or discover his new music, but I can see its mostly about loving or hating every other thing he does.

Hope that answers your question.

People posting paragraphs about one line about Kanye and calling him names like clown and douchebag isn't being upset? :lol:

:lol: at this basic *** thinking. Ah, the infamous "hating" tag.

I guess you're missing the discussion we're having about journalism and the hypocrisy of his words/actions.

If you actually read, I didn't call him a clown. I said IF you, or anyone for that matter, engage in a a certain series of actions (which I clearly laid out), then you're a clown.

You really do seem like the most hurt dude in here.

laugh.gif
at this basic *** thinking. Ah, the infamous "hating" tag.

I guess you're missing the discussion we're having about journalism and the hypocrisy of his words/actions.

If you actually read, I didn't call him a clown. I said IF you, or anyone for that matter, engage in a a certain series of actions (which I clearly laid out), then you're a clown.

You really do seem like the most hurt dude in here.
I see, so anyone who gets upset at something printed that was off the record is a clown? Seemed like hate to me, as I'm sure anyone who had words printed that they didn't give consent to would be upset. It's "basic *** thinking" to believe otherwise.

But if that's your belief, then rock on.

We need to give "consent" for the words we speak to be used now?

OK :lol: That's not naive at all.

If you believe things like this and that my words were "hate", I'd love to visit this magical world that you live in and feed the unicorns.

Since you seem incapable of reading and comprehending, please note how often I used the word "if" as well since I've made it clear from jump that none of us knows what really happened.

Post to screen name disparity is at epic levels I see.

Last edited:
So I saw this....

Rob Markman ‏@RobMarkman 3h
I spoke to a rep at Rolling Stone. They say the Drake quote is real. http://on.mtv.com/1gzfcLl

Then I saw Rob also commenting on his timeline about Fab. Apparently the original post I quoted, which was a straight cut and paste was wrong?

I've actually seen it 2 ways. The way it was written in my post and also like this...

"There were some real questionable bars on there," Drake said of the Yeezus track "I'm In It." "Like that 'Swaghili' line? Come on, man. Even Fabolous wouldn't say some sh-- like that."

Which is obviously totally different and also a shot at Fab. This whole **** is bizarre.

So I saw this....

Rob Markman ‏@RobMarkman 3h
I spoke to a rep at Rolling Stone. They say the Drake quote is real. http://on.mtv.com/1gzfcLl

Then I saw Rob also commenting on his timeline about Fab. Apparently the original post I quoted, which was a straight cut and paste was wrong?

I've actually seen it 2 ways. The way it was written in my post and also like this...

"There were some real questionable bars on there," Drake said of the Yeezus track "I'm In It." "Like that 'Swaghili' line? Come on, man. Even Fabolous wouldn't say some sh-- like that."

Which is obviously totally different and also a shot at Fab. This whole **** is bizarre.

Read the entire article. The quote you cited is what was said during the article.

IMO what he said wasn't that bad, especially the Yeezus part because right after he said that he praised Ye.

However, that fab shot though... :lol: :smh:

The way some tell it, you can't appreciate someone or their work and still be critical of them.

You still a "hater".

:lol:

this dude really said "They also took my cover from me"......
indifferent.gif

He's mad that PSH got the cover over him.........an amazing actor who just passed away...
eyes.gif

You really cant handle the spotlight being taken off of you for a minute to honor a man who just passed away?
sick.gif
mean.gif

In before Antidope finds a way to defend this.
laugh.gif

The way some tell it, you can't appreciate someone or their work and still be critical of them.

You still a "hater".

:lol:

True indeed. One of the things I like dislike about Niketalk. There's little to no room for being moderate, most opinions gotta be dealt with In absoluteness. With that said drake was corny for this one. Most of the interview pics look suspect as hell

I think Drake just wants to keep his (fragile) relationship with Kanye on good terms. He said that stuff, but he probably thought they were just shooting the **** at the time.

if you're Rolling Stone, it's a silly thing to do. You're creating situations where people would be more guarded in talking to you. You build goodwill by hanging out with these celebs and using some discretion. Like...be cool, man. That quote wasn't important enough to ruin that relationship.

^^^

That works both ways. They're getting a ton of exposure from all of this. So maybe to them, it was important enough.

That's the thing. ANYTHING involving Kanye is a lightning rod. If Drake had said that about 98% of the other rappers or musicians out there, this wouldn't be happening.

You can't expect someone in the media to not take that and run with it.

Some operate under the belief that's it's better to do now, and ask for forgiveness later. That might be what happened here.

When Drake's next album comes, he'll get his cover, do another piece with RS, explain what he said, why he said it, what the circumstances were, why he was mad and **** could be all good again.

Still bugs me out that dude was quick to speak on Macklemore and cool with that being printed, but this is an issue.

Back
Top Bottom