🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

how much longer do you guys think this guy rides this wave he's been on since he released Nothing was the same?..

i find myself checking for him less and less...

According to this: http://fourpins.com/life/drake-coachella-profile/

He's going in a different direction with Views from the VI, so not too much longer. Thankfully.

If you don't feel like reading through the unimportant parts (like 75% of the article):

"Spending time at Drake’s residence feels how I imagine spending time at Neverland Ranch felt in 1991. Like Michael Jackson that year, Drake is working on his eighth musical project, Views From The 6. If the implicit paranoia of his most recent opus, If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late, is any indication, Drake knows that this is a crucial juncture in his career. He’s reached the level of fame when the audience’s enthusiasm can lead to fatigue.

For Drake to avoid backlash, his next album must mark a departure from the sound that’s brought him worldwide acclaim. It’s similar to what Jackson did by embracing hip-hop and new jack swing on Dangerous. This is a fact Drake acknowledges on Too Late‘s “No Tellin,” rapping, “I had to switch the flow up on you ___s, **** was getting too predictable.”

The topic of our talk switches to Drake’s upcoming fourth album. He only has two songs finished that he likes. One is a collaboration with Beyoncé that he recorded a while ago. The other is a song that he expects to inspire a paradigm shift. His days of releasing lay-up bangers that everyone loves right away are over. For now.

Views From The 6 needs to shock listeners just as much as it needs to impress them. I compare it to what Kanye did on his own fourth album, 808s & Heartbreak. Drake agrees and, as if to reinforce that notion, he tells me that Boi-1da said he needs to listen to the non-Beyoncé song a few more times before he can decide whether it’s good or not. It appears that Drake is ready to deviate from his winning formula and get a little weird.
"

Last edited:
Today I came to the conclusion that "IYRTITL" has surpassed "Take Care" as my favorite Drake album...

Before anything I respect your opinion.

But please name me one song better than "The Ride" (w/ the young gawd of course).

Mind you this is not a debate just want to know your opinion and I respect it. I guess I liked take care more cause I always preferred either the R&B Drake, or the Drake with those long verses. e.g Paris Morton Music, 5 AM, say What's Real.

And So Far Gone will and always will be my favorite.

Today I came to the conclusion that "IYRTITL" has surpassed "Take Care" as my favorite Drake album...

Before anything I respect your opinion.

But please name me one song better than "The Ride" (w/ the young gawd of course).

Mind you this is not a debate just want to know your opinion and I respect it. I guess I liked take care more cause I always preferred either the R&B Drake, or the Drake with those long verses. e.g Paris Morton Music, 5 AM, say What's Real.

And So Far Gone will and always will be my favorite.

Man that's not fair, "The Ride" is my all time favorite Drake song :lol: ...

...don't think it's a better song, but I feel as though we can mention "You & The 6" in the same sentence.

On mobile but this one:

That Drizzy 
pimp.gif

Oh yeah, I hope that one ends up on the album.

If this one ends up on VFT6, I hope it's just a bonus track:

http://www.sharebeast.com/dg8fscol9kfj

This one is
pimp.gif
, hope it ends up on the album:

http://www.sharebeast.com/1fd5vmedtw7d
this is gold, definately not mad he switching up the flow. Do right and kill errthang

Last edited:
i don't know man....

for me i think his decline started with this last tape...which i think only sold because of all the hype he built post NWTS and all the bangers he released for free (smart business move)...

i listened to it maybe like 4 times through and can't stomach it...

cheezy punch lines, lame raps....and unfortunately songs that all had time life...

If anyone besides myself likes Soulection some people from there will be apparently producing on VFT6. :nerd:

People definitely have different tastes in music b/c the ride is a throwaway imo. I'm taking damn near everything on the new album before that joint.

Back
Top Bottom