🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Feb 8 2011 11:24 AM EST
[h1]Drake Says He's Shelving R&B Mixtape For Take Care[/h1][h2]Toronto MC blogs that he wants to 'focus completely' on his sophomore album.[/h2]
By Jayson Rodriguez (@jayhovawitness)

Drake is putting the brakes on his long-awaited R&B mixtape, It's Never Enough, he announced in a blog entry on Monday night (February 7).

The Toronto lyricist revealed last year that he would put out an R&B-tinged tape and later released the TLC cover song "I Get Lonely Too."

But months passed and the project hadn't seen the light of day. At one point, Drizzy explained it had become difficult to put together the music while he was on tour because his voice became hoarse from the daily grind of performing. He set his sights on an end-of-2010 release, but he quickly went back on tour overseas.

Now, fresh off the European leg of his Light Dreams and Nightmares trek, Drake wrote on his October's Very Own blog that he was feeling inspired to work on his next album, Take Care, instead.

"I am truly enjoying my life right now," he wrote, updating fans on his music and also his mother, who he said is doing well. "It's been so long since I have wrote anything on here because I feel like for a while I was trying to digest it all and save it for the music. But it's finally set in that I am living my dreams and doing [it] with all my closest friends from Toronto. I wake up and never know what to expect from any given day but good or bad I always learn something from it. I have decided that I am going to push It's Never Enough and focus completely on delivering Take Care to you all. I feel like my mind is truly ready to make this next album NOW and I don't want that feeling to escape me."

In October, Drake told MTV News his R&B mixtape was on "hiatus" because he was feeling inspired to rap, not sing.

"I been rapping a lot lately," Drake said. "Me and 40 have been doing some great rap music, so I sort of took a hiatus on the R&B for a second," he explained of working with his producer Noah Shebib. "It's cool to do R&B, I love it, but it's just hard for me to always commit to it. Because some nights, I get in there and 40's beats, as melodic or R&B-driven as they may be, just have that right pocket that I just wanna spit." 

^ was actually looking forward for that mixtape.

I really thought "I Get Lonely Too" was a good song. 40's production on that was smooth.
40's slower tunes are usually smooth in general though.

Feb 10 2011 11:45 AM EST 2,110
[h1]Rihanna And Drake Set To Heat Up The Grammys[/h1][h2]The hitmakers' first live awards-show performance together should be stylish, sexy affair.[/h2]
By Mawuse Ziegbe (@mawuseziegbe)

Rihanna and Drake will team up to rock the Grammy stage on Sunday night, but while both have stayed mum about the show, if previous performances — and their obvious chemistry — are any indication, these two will likely bring some hip-hop and R&B-tinged heat.

In 2010, Rihanna circled the world on her Last Girl on Earth Tour, vamping it up in sharp-shouldered, leg-baring bodysuits and straddling bubblegum-colored tanks. A Rihanna show, however, isn't always a mÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]lange of militant moves and space-age sexpot grooves. The "S&M" songstress went tribal with a drum-heavy throwdown at the 2010 American Music Awards, gyrated under bright-red lights for a flirty rendition of "What's My Name?" on "Saturday Night Live" and played a flower-laden princess at the MTV Europe Music Awards. A restless chameleon when it comes to her aesthetic, the most consistent aspect of the superstar's stage turns is the flash of her famous legs.

While high-concept set design and elaborate outfits typify Rihanna's stage shows, Drake gets concertgoers hyped with high-wattage cameos. When the Young Money hitmaker's Light Dreams and Nightmares Tour touched down in New York City in September, Drizzy trotted out Jay-Z, Fabolous, Trey Songz and others. Swizz Beatz and Mary J. Blige helped him out for a throwback-themed set at the MTV VMAs, fellow Canadian ladykiller Justin Bieber showed his precious mug at the Indiana State Fair and Lil Wayne chose the MC's Las Vegas date to hit the stage just days after he was released from prison. Drizzy's sets aren't just live posse cuts though, as the rapper has also said the Light Dreams trek was inspired by rock icon Jimi Hendrix's freewheeling stage style.

Each artist has rocked bodies at the Recording Academy's annual trophy handout as well. Drizzy pulled off a performance of "Forever" alongside top-flight lyricists Eminem and Lil Wayne, with Travis Barker on the skins, at the 2010 awards show. Rihanna has entertained her industry peers at pre-Grammy bashes, but Sunday's show will allow the pop megastar to show off her skills after her 2009 performance was famously thwarted following an assault by then-boyfriend Chris Brown.

So Rihanna is usually good for an outrageous costume and an eye-popping set, while Drizzy tends to have a famous face in the wings ready to kick up the star power. Yet their most high-profile onscreen collaboration is low on big-budget tricks, and is instead a portrait of the pair's close relationship. When they combined forces on the songstress' Loud hit "What's My Name?" — after being dogged by rumors of an undercover fling — they kept the video intimate and low-key, flirting in a bodega on New York's Lower East Side, sharing wine and Chinese food and cuddling on the couch.

Come Sunday, the pair's collabo promises to be a big moment: It's the first time they have performed together live, and it will be Rihanna's chance to finally take over the Grammy stage. And since they're up for four awards each, it's possible their stage show will be a celebration after they've snatched Grammy gold. 

damn.........lol thread slowww downnnn. Drakes my dude tho. Sucks he didnt record that extra verse on fancy, im tryna listen to that in itunes instead of on youtube.

Any new music 
nerd.gif

At one point in time this thread never made it past pg 1 , it's been too quiet! Leak something that got scrapped from Take Care or something.

Originally Posted by RoOk

I'm sayin, Kanye is the talk of hip-hop right, something drake was at at last year around this time. Last year Drake was THE dude in hiphop.

Now though, he's not talked about much, as was Kanye this time last year
Yeah but Yeezy is that dude almost every year in hip hop. Drake just came in while the game was at a slow point. So he shined. 
But now the heavy hitters are back making albums (ie. Yeezy, Wayne, etc.) So Drake is going to have to prove something forreal now. 

Kanye @@%#%$ himself up, thats why he wasn't talked about much, or at least in a positive light. Drake hasn't done anything. He just fell off and lost buzz. 

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

when is take care supposed to drop?
Sometime this year, no specific date but if I had a guess I would say around Christmas. If it was coming out this summer we would have already heard either a leak or he would start doing some press.

i'm pretty sure he's tryna stay off the radar to keep interest

trying not to over saturate his work

which in reality he already did before his first album dropped

i think he took this approach too late

ForeverDecember21 wrote:
This dude let his hype straight die basically
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I really wanted that R&B mixtape tho ...
ohwell.gif

I think when you reach a point where Drake is at his hype isn't gonna die off. Dude was just on whats my name one of the biggest songs of the year. Im dying for some new music also but dudes been on a roll for the last 2 years. I can see why he's taking some time off.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by RoOk

I'm sayin, Kanye is the talk of hip-hop right, something drake was at at last year around this time. Last year Drake was THE dude in hiphop.

Now though, he's not talked about much, as was Kanye this time last year
Yeah but Yeezy is that dude almost every year in hip hop. Drake just came in while the game was at a slow point. So he shined. 
But now the heavy hitters are back making albums (ie. Yeezy, Wayne, etc.) So Drake is going to have to prove something forreal now. 

Kanye @@%#%$ himself up, thats why he wasn't talked about much, or at least in a positive light. Drake hasn't done anything. He just fell off and lost buzz. 
See I respectfully disagree.  I think Drake came in and has paved the way for a lot of these freshman cats.  Drake built MAJOR buzz without an album and released a tape that was better than basically everything else that came out that year.  Now everyone is following that formula, and getting shine off of it too. 

This song right here needs its own appreciation post on NT. Him and 40 flipped this and made it better imo. Great r&b track  

I-GET-LONELY-.jpg

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

This song right here needs its own appreciation post on NT. Him and 40 flipped this and made it better imo. Great r&b track  

I-GET-LONELY-.jpg
QFT...very underrated song

Originally Posted by nom de guerre

ForeverDecember21 wrote:
This dude let his hype straight die basically
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I really wanted that R&B mixtape tho ...
ohwell.gif

I think when you reach a point where Drake is at his hype isn't gonna die off. Dude was just on whats my name one of the biggest songs of the year. Im dying for some new music also but dudes been on a roll for the last 2 years. I can see why he's taking some time off.
Hell be back...buzzing like he never left soon enough...He pops up here and there on them big features though.

LOL @ dudes acting like Drake can't come back strong.

The man is one Boi-1da beat + catchy chorus away from flooding radio again.

Back
Top Bottom