🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

It's between Drake and K. dot for the greatest rapper of our generation. Kendrick got 2 classic albums and Drake got 2 classic albums and a classic mixtape. Kendrick is currently in the lead due to the critic slurpage but I think Drake will take him in a year or two. The man ain't even 30 and he's already seen as one of the most impactful rappers ever. Yes he's had a bigger impact than Kendrick.

As far as top 10? well that's subjective and an outdated way to rank music. Every generation is different there's no way you could compare an 90's mc to what the top mc is doing today,

Last edited:
Kendrick is a more niche artist, Drake is mainstream

I honestly believe that Drake will never have a "classic" album because is fan base is so diverse, and he has to make so many different types of songs to satisfy all his fans

Last edited:
It's between Drake and K. dot for the greatest rapper of our generation. Kendrick got 2 classic albums and Drake got 2 classic albums and a classic mixtape. Kendrick is currently in the lead due to the critic slurpage but I think Drake will take him in a year or two. The man ain't even 30 and he's already seen as one of the most impactful rappers ever. Yes he's had a bigger impact than Kendrick.

As far as top 10? well that's subjective and an outdated way to rank music. Every generation is different there's no way you could compare an 90's mc to what the top mc is doing today,
I hate how we only count kendrick last 2 albums like section 80 or od doesn't exist. As a rapper he got it by a land slide and I'm no kdot slumped, rarely in that thread. But as just a straight rapper, he's by far the best.

BUT I had the convo with a dude at my barber shop. He was saying how he doesn't count mixtapes when talking about great projects and I realized alot of people don't. Mixtapes haven't been mixtapes in a long time. They are structure drive albums nowadays and it's basically a way to put out that project u want without the labels approval. Only way they don't count if we arguing sells and the best RAPPER category, sales don't end all. Eps and mixtapes count. And rusty is 100% correct on why Drake will never release a universal classic. Some dudes like the singing and hate the rapping, some dudes hate the singing and love the rapping, if it's too rap heavy u lose one side and vice versa.

I hate how we only count kendrick last 2 albums like section 80 or od doesn't exist. As a rapper he got it by a land slide and I'm no kdot slumped, rarely in that thread. But as just a straight rapper, he's by far the best.

BUT I had the convo with a dude at my barber shop. He was saying how he doesn't count mixtapes when talking about great projects and I realized alot of people don't. Mixtapes haven't been mixtapes in a long time. They are structure drive albums nowadays and it's basically a way to put out that project u want without the labels approval. Only way they don't count if we arguing sells and the best RAPPER category, sales don't end all. Eps and mixtapes count. And rusty is 100% correct on why Drake will never release a universal classic. Some dudes like the singing and hate the rapping, some dudes hate the singing and love the rapping, if it's too rap heavy u lose one side and vice versa.

Section 80 slipped my mind like hell.. :wow:

Drake once said he wouldn't drop an album without r&b and pop tracks. IYRTITL changed the game though.. pure rap outside of Jungle so I feel like he's tipped the scales a lil bit with the rap community. There are ppl who claimed they didn't see him as an MC they could relate to before that. It's one of the reasons why comparing him to pure Mc's is just a waste. Too many ppl have their minds made up that this dude singer/rapper and can't see him a Legend because of that.

I'm Drake hater #1 and he will be a legend based off his sells in a Era when music doesn't sell and his popularity. But he is a singer rapper, and that's why his fans love him and what makes him different. Most of his biggest songs that are charting are the singing ones.

I'm Drake hater #1 and he will be a legend based off his sells in a Era when music doesn't sell and his popularity. But he is a singer rapper, and that's why his fans love him and what makes him different. Most of his biggest songs that are charting are the singing ones.

Been telling a lot of people this , but they don't hear me tho .

It's all opinion, some people think Kendrick is really like that, I don't think he's really like that

Cole is 2-dimensional but nice wit it

Drake is nice with it too but he's mainstream/rap

Looking for revennnnngggeeeeee.

Still his weakest lead single but this is fire to me.

Drake has better songs/albums/mixtapes/lyrics than The Game?

Kendrick is a more niche artist, Drake is mainstream

I honestly believe that Drake will never have a "classic" album because is fan base is so diverse, and he has to make so many different types of songs to satisfy all his fans
He's had two IMO. Take Care and NWTS are classics in my book. You wont find as many people who say it about NWTS, but people will come out in droves to vouch for Take Care.

The real winner this week is Canada Goose, I always see them at work on people but now they're about to steal some of that urban market share from The North Face

Last edited:
I bought a Canada goose coat in September, got a nice deal and now all the beast about to come out smh.

Kendrick is a niche artist? Can you elaborate on that? Cause a niche artist to me is Hopsin :lol:

NWTS as a classic? :rofl:

Last edited:
I wanted one, but could never see myself wearing it enough to justify it. I dont even wear my North Face anymore, it just doesnt look right when I gotta wear a suit almost every day to be walking around in a bright red Steep Tech.

Kendrick is a niche artist? Can you elaborate on that? Cause a niche artist to me is Hopsin :lol:

Smokin some of that good stuff. Take Care is his best and I don't think that's a classic at all.

I mean niche in the sense that he only operates in one segment of the overall music market. He makes rap music, for fans of rap music.

Drake on the other hand has to make R&B, Hip-Pop songs, he gotta make sure his album got a club banger, and a few tracks where he shows of his pure rapping ability.

Was not trying to say K.Dot's music is some sort of a acquired taste

-And I'm a Drake fan, and I tune Antidope's opinion out. :lol: Famb be on another level

Last edited:
I said in my opinion. I dont go off foaming at the mouth trying to parade it as fact. No need for that man

Section 80, GKMC and TPAB are better than anything Aubrey has put out. Overly Dedicated is probably up there with NWTS. Drake is a pop rapper really no other way to label it. He's capitalized on that segment though.

TPAB is god awful. Listened once and will never listen again.

But this is where the thread takes the nonsense arguing turn for the 207th time

Last edited:
Always expect antidope and dipset Jr to say ridiculous things weekly. If u had to pick 1,kingdome come or tpab?

Back
Top Bottom