🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Dawg. You two were in here saying Weekends contributions were overblown. All I said was how if he gave songs. That's called contributing, and its enough for it to not be called "overblown." Y'all don't seem to think so and it's fine. It's not surprising.

I see you didn't answer the questions tho. That's also unsurprising :lol:

Last edited:
It's still crazy to me that the only songs I like on Take Care are Weeknd tracks.

And Kendrick's takeover [emoji]128567[/emoji]

Dawg. You two were in here saying Weekends contributions were overblown. All I said was how if he gave songs. That's called contributing, and its enough for it to not be called "overblown." Y'all don't seem to think so and it's fine. It's not surprising.

I see you didn't answer the questions tho. That's also unsurprising :lol:

They are, by people who be in this thread. If that's not you ok. Still doesn't change that there are people in here that do that, but like you said, unsurprising

Party should be way bigger and so should Jordan majid but I don't blame drake necessarily. Drake bigs up pnd all over his social media.. which is what he did for The Weeknd except way less

Last edited:
PND music just isn't good

Lies.

And y'all just don't get PND. Dude is reclusive. An introvert. Son just NOW said he KINDA wants to be in the spotlight more cuz he owes it to the fans. It's wild cuz the majority of ppl crying about PND success don't even rock with his music. Just want him to leave OVO so drake can stop winning :lol: ish crazy.

Dude gon get there. As long as he keep grinding and TRYING to be out there himself. Y'all don't understand how little this dude promotes his own music. Dude is just now going to radio shows(unknown ones at that) and his album/singles came out in August.

Yea I love partynextdoors music

I think his next album will be more pop and he's gonna do a lot more promotion for the album and himself. Also is it gonna be partynextdoor4 or you think he's going gonna switch it up

Yea I love partynextdoors music

I think his next album will be more pop and he's gonna do a lot more promotion for the album and himself. Also is it gonna be partynextdoor4 or you think he's going gonna switch it up

Please god no pop :lol: I can't have him turning trash like The Weeknd.

PND3 was his best album. Dude covered so much different styles on there. I was amazed. Def my fave album of 2016. There's was a couple pop inspired songs that were lit though. Like temptations

Last edited:
Party should be way bigger and so should Jordan majid but I don't blame drake necessarily. Drake bigs up pnd all over his social media.. which is what he did for The Weeknd except way less

You know why I say it is Drake's/Drake's team's fault, because how are you a brand and a machine, yet you can't figure out how to market your own artists? I mean, seriously, every one of thoes OVO guys outside of Party is a stranger in the mainstream. Every rapper who has been in Drake's position has found a way to put on their people. You can't name one rapper who was once perceived as the best and not be able to name at least one person they had waiting behind them.

Told y'all before, OVO is a front. Drake puts more effort into dickriding the next poppin underground dude than he does helping out his own artists.

Now a days music has a new following and a new culture that pushes it and supports it. To me that's what makes era's . Drake can't be denied especially coming this far into his career. I do feel that Drake does have influences to his inspiration to do things. PND, and Weeknd i feel are contributors to this. I thought for a second what would have happened if he did sign Bryson Tiller? Also Drake does eye up and comers that have a cold pen game too.

Jay-Z pushed Beans Young Guns Memphis Bleek etc
Eminem Pushed D-12
Nelly pushed St lunatics
Cam pushed Juelz and Diplomats

What they did with themselves afterwards was on them but, the headliners did actually have their hands in to help them shine.

Bro drake been told us what songs Weeknd helped with with when take care dropped.

Practice
Crew love
Doing it wrong
Shot for me
The ride

That's it

Subtract drake verse at the end from shot from me and doing it wrong and drake verse from crew love and those are weeknd songs.

I'm sorry but I just don't see the magnitude. Partynextdoor has greater contributions because he's making the beats and laying vocals on it. He's a more valuable asset IMO

Weeknd didn't touch doing it wrong. It was good ones go iirc

That's even worse. They making it seem like dude was in a lab crafting take care making beats and writing all these songs. :lol: song literally gave a couple songs and that was that. WHAT SONGWRITERS DO.

If you honestly believe Drake has put an honest effort into propelling Party's career I have a bridge to sell you.

Bruh :lol:

PND not being pushed hard enough is not on Drake, it's on Warner, the actual label that OVO Sound is on. Drake isn't even an OVO Sound artist. He's (and Oliver and future the prince etc) essentially responsible for giving warner artists through the ovo imprint. They're the ones that shell out the marketing budget, your label is the one that "pushes" you.

Also part of it too is that PND is a weirdo who was trying to recreate that mysterious angle which hurt him lol

It's like when people say OVO sound pushes Drake hard but nobody else which couldn't be further from the truth

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom