🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Yeah, I never. Really. Talk about **** that I wanna give you
Or places I wanna get to
Neck grab, head grab
Arch back, heart attack, cardiac
I need it nasty like, like Evil Angel, like Vivid You know, nasty like how they give it
You know, I need you to be open like Kay’s kitchen
That ***** kinda sound like waves hittin
Soothin, keep it right there, no movin
Make my way around the bases
I wanna take you to oasises
Bein honest, I don't really know what patience is
Ayy, freaky like the red leather Michael
Zombie revival, this ain’t like you
This that new you, this ain't high school (high)
I like best when you’re fresh faced and no foundation
Willin and ready for the takin
Earth-shatterin, groundbreakin
Head scarf for after our relations
No judgment is our arrangement
Make that face up if you dare
But just be prepared that I am gonna cause that lipstick to smear
And the mascara tears to run down
I always need a glass of wine by sundown
I always get your *** over here somehow
I hope that the apocalypse is the only thing that doesn't come now—well, what now?
Yeah
D5A9BCAB-80BD-4B3E-AE1B-09F6D9253A8D.gif
This was corny and cringe. Nicki must of wrote this for him or some other female

How you hardly listen to Drake but feel like you’ve heard these new songs 10,000 times before? Also, what veteran doesn’t have a distinct sound? Pusha dropped and it was exactly what we thought it would be. When Ross drops later this year it will sound exactly like every Ross album. I’m still going to listen because I enjoy his music.

So you criticize him for having a distinct sound but also criticize him when he tries to do something different by “jacking” 21’s flow (a flow he himself “jacked”). What do you want him to do? It’s cool to just not like his music :lol:

Sidebar: Nonstop is most likely inspired by Key!.

Pusha actually raps though.

Aside from College Dropout and Late Registrajon, none of Kanye’s albums sound the same, Kendrick’s albums each have their own unique sound, yet everything Drake has ever released sounds the exact same.

How you hardly listen to Drake but feel like you’ve heard these new songs 10,000 times before? Also, what veteran doesn’t have a distinct sound? Pusha dropped and it was exactly what we thought it would be. When Ross drops later this year it will sound exactly like every Ross album. I’m still going to listen because I enjoy his music.

So you criticize him for having a distinct sound but also criticize him when he tries to do something different by “jacking” 21’s flow (a flow he himself “jacked”). What do you want him to do? It’s cool to just not like his music :lol:

Sidebar: Nonstop is most likely inspired by Key!.

Nonstop has 21 all over it, adlibs and everything. Listen to money convo or bad business. I'm upset is drenched in 21 too. What's funny is I actually like the tracks where he jacks swag. Boy caught a real wave on mob ties. He's a biter but he at least does the dude's he's biting justice.

Pusha you expect crack raps but I didn't feel like there was 5 different versions of grindin on his last album and that's what I get with this scorpion. I see yall mentioning comeback season and now it's hitting me where the vibe of some of these tracks is recycled from. I thought that tape was trash so it makes sense. Also a bunch that sound like Weston road on here.

Getting tired and stale isn't exclusive to Drake, it's a common problem. Drake just hit the wall hard in this one imo. I like a lot of his stuff like the language 6 man hype where he's biting other artists but it sounds fresh. This one just sounds dry and uninspired.

Survival
Nonstop
I'm upset
Can't take a joke
Sandra's rose
Talk up (this aint Drake's lane..hov saved this one)
Finesse I halfway like this one. Pnd drake
In my feelings can't go wrong with that nolia bounce
Final fantasy

The rest is boring to me

Last edited:
Some weaker tracks, but overall Side A is pretty good. Would need to give it more listens as far as intaking the lyrics more, but flows well as far as 3 semi-passive listens.

HEY KEKE!!!! DO YOU LOVE ME? ARE YOU RIDING

Literally gonna be randomly blurting that out for the next few weeks :rofl:

Dope to see all the folks supporting the boy :pimp: :pimp:

Nonstop all over the club :smokin

Last edited:
He lost my interest as a rapper a long time ago. Just not a good enough writer to keep his subject matter fresh after so many years. Not shocking that the 2 rap highlights are new topics: his kid.

But damn, the r&b joints on here missed me too. I still run karaoke, one dance, get together, madiba riddim,etc. Great great records. Outside of After Dark, wasn’t feeling any of the production on side B. Sonically he usually can’t miss, but side B just missed me.

His raps on the Carters proves that jay-z can still easily rap on beat. With that being said his verse on here was trash and did sound very lazy. I would’ve asked for a redo.

The whole album is kind of boring though
I’m assuming he thought Drake was just gonna take him off like he did with Pop Style. That verse was lazy, Zimmerman line was terrible.

Rule number one, to be a boss *** *****
Never let a clown ***** try to play you
If he play you, then rule number two
Is **** his best friends and make 'em yes men ‍♀️♀️  :lol::lol:

I mean on the subject of subject matter... What if I don't want to hear him rap about anything else... Cause I don't. I don't want to hear Drake rap about the genocide in Darfur or the plight of the black man. One of his main selling points to me is his subject matter.

If I heard a Drake project and there wasn't a song about a girl who he's after playing him I would be disappointed tbh. He knows his lane and he excels at it.

I mean on the subject of subject matter... What if I don't want to hear him rap about anything else... Cause I don't. I don't want to hear Drake rap about the genocide in Darfur or the plight of the black man. One of his main selling points to me is his subject matter.

If I heard a Drake project and there wasn't a song about a girl who he's after playing him I would be disappointed tbh. He knows his lane and he excels at it.

It really just comes down to what the listener likes to hear. No doubt Drake knows what sells, and he doesn’t take any chances to mess that up. Drake is really great at commercial friendly rap and there’s nothing wrong with that at all. If I’m in the mood for easy listening/party music I’ll throw on some
Drizzy.

But I personally want more from Drake. For me, a real hip hop artist can expand into different genres and go out of their comfort zone and do it successfully. This includes them rapping about the struggles of their life and upbringing, the political and cultural injustices, their community, etc. and I just don’t hear any of that from Drake. It just doesn’t come off authentic to me. He sticks to the same subject matter every album, which is fine, but he puts himself into a corner where it’s hard for him to really expand as an artist.

Drake will not stand the test of time if he keeps doing what he’s doing, and he certainly won’t come close to a Top 10 GOAT list if he doesn’t find a way to expand his subject matter and find a decent story to tell.

Again this isn’t a knock on Drake and I’m not saying this album isn’t good. It’s great for a Drake album. I just think he has more potential than being a commercial rapper, and I’m starting to lose faith he’ll ever get away from that. At this point it doesn’t seem like he wants to.

It really just comes down to what the listener likes to hear. No doubt Drake knows what sells, and he doesn’t take any chances to mess that up. Drake is really great at commercial friendly rap and there’s nothing wrong with that at all. If I’m in the mood for easy listening/party music I’ll throw on some
Drizzy.

But I personally want more from Drake. For me, a real hip hop artist can expand into different genres and go out of their comfort zone and do it successfully. This includes them rapping about the struggles of their life and upbringing, the political and cultural injustices, their community, etc. and I just don’t hear any of that from Drake. It just doesn’t come off authentic to me. He sticks to the same subject matter every album, which is fine, but he puts himself into a corner where it’s hard for him to really expand as an artist.

Drake will not stand the test of time if he keeps doing what he’s doing, and he certainly won’t come close to a Top 10 GOAT list if he doesn’t find a way to expand his subject matter and find a decent story to tell.

Again this isn’t a knock on Drake and I’m not saying this album isn’t good. It’s great for a Drake album. I just think he has more potential than being a commercial rapper, and I’m starting to lose faith he’ll ever get away from that. At this point it doesn’t seem like he wants to.

I think what hurts him most is that he doesnt have a good creative team. He had great artists and producers around him but since he's so big of an artists, there isnt anyone guiding him. If so, they would tell dude thats 25 track album wasnt a way to go. Reduce this to 15-17 and this album goes way harder.

Back
Top Bottom