🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I kept like 5 songs from Take Care... I understand this is a Drake thread.. but Take Care is one of the most overrated albums ever to me. I will NEVER understand the praise it receives. But it's whatever.

Someone please explain to me what makes Take Care so great.... please... album is a weed plate.

Last edited:
ok ok MCHG is a real hip hop album I agree that Take Care isn't. I'd give the nod to MCHG being better than Take Care beacuase of that. BP3 is better than TML is as well I guess I see where yall coming from but I still think Drake's albums are really good. (even tho he sings)

EDIT.

Last edited:
If Take Care is seriously more whack musically than BP3 in your eyes, then it's best we end this right here.

Ok, IMO the good songs off BP3

What We Talkin About
Thank You
DOA
Run this Town
Empire State
On To the Next One
A Star Is Born
Venus Vs Mars
Already Home
Hate
So Ambitious

Good Songs Off Take Care
Over My Dead Body
Shot For Me
Crew Love
Marvins Room (Because of Kendricks verse)
Underground Kings
Lord Knows (Just Blazed Blessed Aubrey with the beat)

I mean, they are both pretty mediocre albums. It's debatable. But MCHG is >>>>>> Take Care and its not even close. Elle oh elle at the poster above me.

I'll leave the thread now and let you guys continue to enjoy music from your favorite r&b artist.

Last edited:
I kept like 5 songs from Take Care... I understand this is a Drake thread.. but Take Care is one of the most overrated albums ever to me. I will NEVER understand the praise it receives. But it's whatever.

Someone please explain to me what makes Take Care so great.... please... album is a weed plate.

Taken as a rap album, it was alright. Taken as an r&b album, it's much better. So I can see how people would have been bothered by Take Care receiving such high praise as a rap album.

Glad I don't come to this thread often. I always feel like I should lather myself in kiwi seed body butter and spray cologne in the air and walk through it every time I come back and read the comments.

It's one thing to just have a different opinion, but you sound like you have you have some animosity towards dude or something. Drake is just "a R&B artist who occasionally raps"? On your way out you just had to say that you'll leave us to enjoy our "favorite R&B artist"?

Really?

When people are in here saying Drake > Jay... I don't have any animosity towards Drake. I loved So Far Gone. I enjoy some tracks from Thank Me Later.

I just honestly don't understand the praise take care gets, and I'll admit, it bothers me a little bit. People on NT swear Take Care is the best album of all time.

I tried to listen to it, I tried to like it. But most of it is just nothing special to me at all. Just an average album from a Young Money artist.

I really hope NWTS is a good album. I don't hate Drake, I just hate the way people praise him like he's the best doing it right now.

But after all, it is called an opinion... >D

And for the record, I think Kiss Land is a FANTASTIC album front to back :tongue:

Last edited:
The same reason dudes discredit Drake is the same reason he's so dope.

Is he a singer or is he a rapper?

He's neither.

He's an artist.

Nobody in the history of R&B/Hip-Hop/Rap has mixed the 2 elements so effortlessly/skillfully/consistently and it pisses dudes off. 
laugh.gif

I can't even compare Take Care to any hip hop album cuz it's not a hip hop album. It's a R&B album with some rap thrown in here and there.

Thank Me Later is better than BP3 and MCHG and I like MCHG a lot.

Last edited:
Take Care was a weed plate?

I dont eem like Drake like that but damn. 

Might as well as spat in my face b

I don't like drakes singing. He doesn't have a good voice IMO. Put him up next to a real RNB singer and it's like night and day every time.

I understand that, and musically, take care is still whack to me.

Also... pretty sure Jay is a RAPPER... so why are we comparing him to an R&B artist who occasionally raps?

So Drake Occasionally raps? :lol: man Take Care and TML were both Rap albums with a hint of R&B. I'm not making this up either. Most of the records on TC were rap records. People let Marvin's Room blind their perception of him.

People really call Drake a singer who raps and don't even have the facts to back it up.

OMDB - Rap
Shot For Me - Half and half
Headlines - Rap
Crew Love - Rap (From Him)
Take Care - Sing
Mavin's Room - Sing
Under Ground Kings - Rap
We'll Be Fine - Rap
Make Me Proud - Rap
Lord knows - Rap
Cameras - Rap
Doing it wrong - Sing
The Real Her - Sing
LWUD - Rap
Hyfr - Rap
Practice - Sing
The Ride - Rap

Out of 17 songs, 5 are full fledged singing records. But He occasionally raps right?

He even actually rapped one of the Take Care verses and did a tiny bit of rapping on Practice too.

Last edited:
Dudes put those Take Care capes on real quick. :lol:

There's no way I can call that a Hip Hop album. I don't even like J Cole's last album but that sounds like a Hip Hop album to me. Take Care? Nah.

I made an edit on my last post in here. But I basically agree with the points being made about Jay's album being better.

Last edited:
Drake is as real as it gets.

NWTS, album of the year.

Currently listening to Too Much.. Straight fire.

Jay Z and Drake are my two favorite rappers right now. You guys are arguing over 1A and 1B to me.

Last edited:
Drake is as real as it gets.

NWTS, album of the year.

Currently listening to Too Much.. Straight fire.

How are you going to call something album of the year when it hasn't released?

Oh and Drake is as real as it gets? He's still lame for that Wu-Tang Forever Title, and the way he rides Aaliyah like he knew her, and never met her, oh ok.

Aubrey started from the bottom? More like started from a wheel-chair.

Nobody has still told me why Take Care was such a great album other than the fact he mixed R&B and Rap together.

If you asked me to tell you why MBDTF is a great album, I could write a damn essay on it. So someone tell me, what makes Take Care a great album, please convince me. The only reason I can even think someone would love Take Care is for it being relatable in the ways of being a simp. I can't think of any other reason.

And speaking of someone else who raps and sings and released an album in 2011... Camp > Take Care. Ya, I said it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom