🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

There's no such thing as an objective top 5 or 10 anyway, so I don't even know why you bothered to explain yourself. People seem to forget that there is little to no objectivity in art in general. Music, being a form of art, would be no different.

True. Everybody's Top 5 or 10 will be different but to say a dude that's been hot for 4 years is gonna end up top 5 or top 10 is crazy.

If we using MTV and the mainstream pop world to validate somebody's ranking in Hip Hop then we in trouble. This is the Drake thread so I'm not eem surprised.

Drake isn't even the first rapper to sing in his raps, Bone Thugs are the ones who put that style in the mainstream, don't get me wrong, it sounds good when he does it but people clearly forget about the originators.

Drake and bone .. bizzy will always be number 1 :smokin :smokin :smokin .. but now drizzy is lol #drizzybone :smokin :smokin

True. Everybody's Top 5 or 10 will be different but to say a dude that's been hot for 4 years is gonna end up top 5 or top 10 is crazy.

If we using MTV and the mainstream pop world to validate somebody's ranking in Hip Hop then we in trouble. This is the Drake thread so I'm not eem surprised.

B.I.G's run was three years long if we're starting with his debut album and people don't bat an eyelash when he is referred to as one of the greatest of all time and a legend. We can make it around 5 years if you want to start from that The Source Unsigned Hype plug.

Drake has been making great music since 2006, and he's only improved in many ways since then. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I can declare with no hesitation that he is in my top 5 rappers, hell, maybe music artists in general; of all time already. I don't need to wait another 10 years or until he dies to know what his music means to me.

I find it funny how dudes on NT don't understand what Subjective means :lol:

If someone has Drake in their top 5/10 DOA then that's them. There's nothing wrong with that. That's someone's opinion and belief. Ho

However, I do find it comical that people on the internet and in blog comments scoff at the notion of Drake being one of the greats when the people they hail as greats are saying themselves that Drake will be one of the greats.

Again, it all comes down to preference and opinion. I prefer to listen to Drake over a plethora of artist that are considered "Legends." I prefer Drake over Ghostface, Ice Cube, Big Boi,Biggie, and a host of others. Do I think he's better than those guys? Yes probably so but I'm not going to jump down somebody's throat if they disagree with that notion. It's all preference.

I dont think it would be hard at all for Drake to finish top 5...of his generation. It's not that hard to be considered better than Big Sean, Meek Mill, Wale, and the entire YM label.

Last edited:
Again, it all comes down to preference and opinion. I prefer to listen to Drake over a plethora of artist that are considered "Legends." I prefer Drake over Ghostface, Ice Cube, Big Boi,Biggie, and a host of others. Do I think he's better than those guys? Yes probably so but I'm not going to jump down somebody's throat if they disagree with that notion. It's all preference.
PRRREAAACHHHH. Dudes are gonna laugh at you though.

You have to prefer those people over everyone except the other people that are on that list like 90% of the time it seems like. There are few people that I would prefer to listen to over Drake, thats just what it is. He's one of my favorite artists PERIOD.

Drake is dope and will def be top tier at this pace

His talent to craft songs for himself and others rap or r&b is where his longevity will come in
And he already has the #1's record in 4 years - dude has talent

LMAO  Dudes in here saying his content is an embarrassment like the whole RnB genre doesnt even exist smh.

Drake just got it right now point blank.

As a man that prefers R&B over rap in today's world, they're two completely different lanes. I would never call Drake an R&B artist because the Jew can't even sing. I prefer his slower music over his raps. I think he has some great songs but some of the people in here have to stop. Top 5, top 10 :lol:

Drake is a part time tough guy and part time thug from Canada raised in a Jewish home. I don't want to hear you talk tough about goons or being with your crew or anything like that, then singing and crying over a female on a record. R&B can do that because that's their music, they don't rap about banging and being a real N :lol:

Now, I look forward to downloading the album illegally because 40 blesses him with some serious beats. I would never buy a Drake album but he has some great songs "Shot For Me" and "Cameras" But seriously, a grown man riding for Drake is :rofl:

As a man that prefers R&B over rap in today's world, they're two completely different lanes. I would never call Drake an R&B artist because the Jew can't even sing. I prefer his slower music over his raps. I think he has some great songs but some of the people in here have to stop. Top 5, top 10 :lol:

Drake is a part time tough guy and part time thug from Canada raised in a Jewish home. I don't want to hear you talk tough about goons or being with your crew or anything like that, then singing and crying over a female on a record. R&B can do that because that's their music, they don't rap about banging and being a real N :lol:

Now, I look forward to downloading the album illegally because 40 blesses him with some serious beats. I would never buy a Drake album but he has some great songs "Shot For Me" and "Cameras" But seriously, a grown man riding for Drake is :rofl:

Wow :lol: so much...nvm, you got it :lol:

The same way anyone in your top 5 DOA list made it there.
Ok, by being a great storyteller? 

By being hands down the best rapper at one point in time, respected by all the greats?

By giving me the street tales, party records, not too many simp records for the ladies?

Rarely any simp records tbh. 

Touching on social issues?

That's nearly impossible for a dude like Drake. 

Ain't no way he should be in your top 5 list. 

Ok, by being a great storyteller? 

By being hands down the best rapper at one point in time, respected by all the greats?

By giving me the street tales, party records, not too many simp records for the ladies?

Rarely any simp records tbh. 

Touching on social issues?

That's nearly impossible for a dude like Drake. 

Ain't no way he should be in your top 5 list. 

But see, what if I don't go to music for social issues? What if I don't go to music for "Street tales?" What if, in music one of things I hold highest is harmony and melody? What if for my top 5 or 10 I hold relatability at a premium? What if what you view as a simp record I view as honest insight?

By your logic, I could easily say that if Drake ain't in yo top 5, then yo top 5 ain't **** because the artist you put in your top 5 aren't nearly as good at harmony and melody and relatabilty as Drake is to me.

See what I mean? Your top 5/10 DOA list ain't no better than anyone elses. It's all opinion and preference.

Drake isn't even the first rapper to sing in his raps, Bone Thugs are the ones who put that style in the mainstream, don't get me wrong, it sounds good when he does it but people clearly forget about the originators.
Drake and bone .. bizzy will always be number 1
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
.. but now drizzy is lol #drizzybone
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
laugh.gif
 imagined him with braids singing crossroads 

The same way anyone in your top 5 DOA list made it there.

My god, it's like people can't comprehend this simple *** logic b :lol:

Everyone understands what you're saying. It's your 5, put whoever you want in it. It's just laughable that you could put Drake in your top 5. He's not a top 5 lyricists and doesn't even have a real singing voice so it's not like he's a top 5 singer.

I'm a big Maino fan but I would never put him in any of my top 5s.

But see, what if I don't go to music for social issues? What if I don't go to music for "Street tales?" What if, in music one of things I hold highest is harmony and melody? What if for my top 5 or 10 I hold relatability at a premium? What if what you view as a simp record I view as honest insight?

By your logic, I could easily say that if Drake ain't in yo top 5, then yo top 5 ain't **** because the artist you put in your top 5 aren't nearly as good at harmony and melody and relatabilty as Drake is to me.

See what I mean? Your top 5/10 DOA list ain't no better than anyone elses. It's all opinion and preference.

:lol: @ 84

Like I said before I'm a big fan of Drake but some of the **** these dudes be saying is flat out ******ed. I knew the Drake worship was gettin outta control but sheeeesh.

Cross out what you want. Everything I said is 100% true. No matter what you think, your top 5 DOA list aint ****, and it ain't better than anybody else's. Get over it g.

:lol: @ 84

Like I said before I'm a big fan of Drake but some of the **** these dudes be saying is flat out ******ed. I knew the Drake worship was gettin outta control but sheeeesh.

******ed to you man :lol: I don't even have Drake in my top 5/10 DOA but y'all don't get it. Y'all think if someone has Drake ranked that high that them and/or their list is ******ed :lol: like what?

Back
Top Bottom