🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

we need the album to leak just so everyone can get on the same page again
laugh.gif
Seriously.

Everybody rustling everyone's jimmies out here. It's only music 
roll.gif

laugh.gif
 I can see this thread is going to be a warzone until Tuesday, hell it might get worse after Tuesday.

Better than your list with Drake on it I know that for sure. 

Oh I'm sorry you work for the Grammy committee? The BET Hip-Hop awards committee? The MTV Hottest MC's list committee? You do work for rolling stone or complex? Or Pitchfork?

I don't even value their opinions highly at all, but the people who work on those committee's opinions actually amount to something. If you're not doing that, then you're just sharing your opinion on music just like everyone else. You have a different opinion. Not a better one. Do you not understand this?

This ***** :lol:

I dont think it would be hard at all for Drake to finish top 5...of his generation. It's not that hard to be considered better than Big Sean, Meek Mill, Wale, and the entire YM label.

You are only listing the "hot right now" rappers. What about someone like Joey B4D***** ? Kendrick? Ab-Soul? Action Bronson? J. Cole? KRIT? Pusha T? Jay Electronica?

If we are talking mainstream popularity, well yeah, he's easily top 5. Mainstream success does not equal skill or talent .... see Lil Wayne. :nerd:

Last edited:
:lol:  I can see this thread is going to be a warzone until Tuesday, hell it might get worse after Tuesday.

But Anti, It really doesn't have to be like this. People just out here calling people ******ed and dumb because they have an opinion and preference that's different from them. There's no need to be on some disrespectful ****, or try to say your opinion is just way better than someone else's when your just another N'ter posting in the drake thread like everybody else.

Oh I'm sorry you work for the Grammy committee? The BET Hip-Hop awards committee? The MTV Hottest MC's list committee? You do work for rolling stone or complex? Or Pitchfork?

I don't even value their opinions highly at all, but the people who work on those committee's opinions actually amount to something. If you're not doing that, then you're just sharing your opinion on music just like everyone else. You have a different opinion. Not a better one. Do you not understand this?

This *****
laugh.gif
You straight foolish with it. 

laugh.gif
 I can see this thread is going to be a warzone until Tuesday, hell it might get worse after Tuesday.
But Anti, It really doesn't have to be like this. People just out here calling people ******ed and dumb because they have an opinion and preference that's different from them. There's no need to be on some disrespectful ****, or try to say your opinion is just way better than someone else's when your just another N'ter posting in the drake thread like everybody else.
He's a polarizing figure this is what happens. For the record you're 100% correct and if we stood here and swapped out Drake with someone elses name then this would be a different story in most peoples eyes. People just hate Drake, I accept it for what it is. Its not like they can sway me into thinking that hes not one of my favorite rappers ever.

:lol:

Its those damn rankings/lists they always bring the worst outta people dudes start going for the jugular asap.

Wanna start some **** go into any section and mention top 5 anything : Albums, Jordans, NBA Players ( all time), current pgs, quarterbacks :smh:, foams, women, video games etc and watch all hell break loose happens everytime.

My bad for derailing the thread, but yall dudes seem to have some problems with maturity. Just because we disagree doesn't mean you have to start with insults, chill out. Also, I bet yall will be listening when NWTS drops, just like the so called Drake "stans", so at the end of the day, we're all the same.

I dont think it would be hard at all for Drake to finish top 5...of his generation. It's not that hard to be considered better than Big Sean, Meek Mill, Wale, and the entire YM label.

You are only listing the "hot right now" rappers. What about someone like Joey B4D***** ? Kendrick? Ab-Soul? Action Bronson? J. Cole? KRIT?

If we are talking mainstream popularity, well yeah, he's easily top 5. I won't say anymore :nerd:

That's pretty much why I only listed them (but Kendrick Lamar and J Cole would be included as well based on popularity and sales). All those other rappers you listed my have the pure content but not the recognition and sales.

When you look at top lists in the past, at one time or another, even if so e prestigious artist is put of the limelight, they also had sales to match their praise. It's just hard for a bunch of artists to have all 3 of those elements in today's music climate where everything is overly consumed and expendable.

Thread is a cesspool, a lotus flower bomb needs to be dropped on it.

My bad for derailing the thread, but yall dudes seem to have some problems with maturity. Just because we disagree doesn't mean you have to start with insults, chill out. Also, I bet yall will be listening when NWTS drops, just like the so called Drake "stans", so at the end of the day, we're all the same.

I'll peep it, just so I can attempt to understand all the praise this man gets. I'll probably still be baffled though.

Back
Top Bottom