🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I've heard people raving on how cohesive it is, they say that the songs flow together very well. Beats are too safe imo. Nothing edgy, risky or dramatic.

For the people that are feeling the album, what is it that you like about it?

Sonically the album is amazing. People can say that his subject matter is limited, the beats all sound the same, theres not enough of XYZ, but at the end of the day all the songs sound great to me. Hes just someone that knows music. No other way to describe it, hes got a great grasp on when its appropriate to drop singing into a middle of a song where hes rapping.

Its been mentioned before but this albums strongest point is the fact that its so cohesive. The first 4 or 5 times I listened to it I could not notice when the song switched, the transitions are seamless. This is most apparent when you listen to The Connect-The Language-305 to My City, I am not kidding you when I thought that this was just one long song with changeups. It feels pointless to listen to this in any order outside of the intended order, shuffling it around is cheating yourself in a way.

I'm not surprised its as good as I think it is, he makes music that I really like and I didnt expect him to just stop doing so. There isnt a single bad song on here to me, and thats hard to do when you have a 16 track album on your hands. I've only said that about one other album this year and thats MCHG.

I've heard people raving on how cohesive it is, they say that the songs flow together very well. Beats are too safe imo. Nothing edgy, risky or dramatic.
They do, its wild, I cant remember the last time I heard an album that flowed together this well. Being cohesive isnt even something that I usually care that much about, because I like putting albums on shuffle cause it allows me to judge songs individually cause I'm not expecting to hear them at any given moment, but I'm on listen 10 of this as a collective as I type and I have no desire to listen to it on shuffle. It just deserves to be played in order, it adds so much to it.

I dont have any particular preference when it comes to beats, dope beats are dope beats to me from trap beats to smooth beats and I like all these beats.

Last edited:
album is a 7.5 to me, it's still lacking after a couple of listens. something seems empty about it.

Sonically the album is amazing. People can say that his subject matter is limited, the beats all sound the same, theres not enough of XYZ, but at the end of the day all the songs sound great to me. Hes just someone that knows music. No other way to describe it, hes got a great grasp on when its appropriate to drop singing into a middle of a song where hes rapping.

Its been mentioned before but this albums strongest point is the fact that its so cohesive. The first 4 or 5 times I listened to it I could not notice when the song switched, the transitions are seamless. This is most apparent when you listen to The Connect-The Language-305 to My City, I am not kidding you when I thought that this was just one long song with changeups. It feels pointless to listen to this in any order outside of the intended order, shuffling it around is cheating yourself in a way.

I'm not surprised its as good as I think it is, he makes music that I really like and I didnt expect him to just stop doing so. There isnt a single bad song on here to me, and thats hard to do when you have a 16 track album on your hands. I've only said that about one other album this year and thats MCHG.

They do, its wild, I cant remember the last time I heard an album that flowed together this well. Being cohesive isnt even something that I usually care that much about, because I like putting albums on shuffle cause it allows me to judge songs individually cause I'm not expecting to hear them at any given moment, but I'm on listen 10 of this as a collective as I type and I have no desire to listen to it on shuffle. It just deserves to be played in order, it adds so much to it.

I dont have any particular preference when it comes to beats, dope beats are dope beats to me from trap beats to smooth beats and I like all these beats.
Now, what don't you like about the album?

:lol: it's kinda funny because we're saying the same thing, except with a different perception. I don't like the fact that every beat sounds the same, yet some people describe that as being cohesive or seamless.

"the first 4 or 5 time I listened, I could not notice when the song switched" :lol: exactly, because a lot of them sound the same.

And to answer the guy that asks which is the Lord knows, I think I'd have to say worst behaviour comes closest to matching the intensity. I'm only on my 3rd listen so I may change that.

What would the opposite phrase of growing on me be?

I said I wanted to keep it real, so I am.

Objectively speaking, After a few more spins... I hate to kind of sound like I've changed my mind, but the lack of lyricism on the album is making me feel a little different about the record than I was feeling yesterday.

Musically I still feel his progression like I said yesterday. However, I may have rushed my initial review of the album. It's pretty damn poor lyrically, and its unfortunate because he was cocky and making all kinds of claims about killin the rap game with this album.

Not even close... It's below average lyrically. Still pretty nice musically. Has nice production. Catchy lines here and there, and obviously good melodies like I said yesterday.

But after a few more thorough listens, I have to say I'm a little underwhelmed by his actual rapping on this album.

There's not very many timeless tracks, although sonically the music is a progression and he has grown as an artist... He took a step backwards IMHO lyrically as a rapper on this album.

Still miles better than his debut record. But I'm starting to question whether this still is overall a better project than Take Care... Hmm... Not real sure anymore.

Gonna give it some more time to soak in, and give take care a few spins to decide.

He's become a lot better of an artist that is clear. He's made some good songs on this album to listen to. But... Lyrically he kind of dropped the ball. Catchy punch lines aren't enough when you claim to be the hottest rapper alive. I expected some more depth.

Too Much is the realist and deepest track. Now that's what I wanted to hear. He needed a few more of those though... It was lacking more of that.

Last edited:
From some of the responses in here, it sounds like a Lil Wayne club feature might have done the album some good (HYFR/The Motto)

I still havent heard anything really after the first 2 tracks though so I cant judge it yet

CD is a downer...nothing on here gets you hype except worst behaviour and the language. my main problem with it. he must have been trying to please those old NY hiphop heads :smh:

More tracks like Too Much would of helped. Too many wasted beats with non sense rapping.

I just feel like he said this was going to be a very personal record. But only a 3rd of it felt personal.

He created expectations that weren't even half met, that's my only real complaint.

I still support good music, but I have to be honest. Not gonna just hate or love everything without being fully honest.

There was no real connection to 2/3 of this album. Not as relatable as he promised it to be. I think that's what kills it for some of the people who are underwhelmed.

Now, what don't you like about the album?
Is it bad if I say nothing? He cleaned up the issues that I had with Take Care which were wack features. Take care had three features which just did not belong on it, and this album doesnt have a bad one on it.

That doesnt mean that it'll stay this way or that it will surpass Take Care, cause there could easily be a situation where Take Cares highs> NWTS' highs.

But as of now I cant really think of anything, and I honestly sat here and tried because I know what will follow me saying that I cant find anything wrong with an album. Talk of stannery and whatnot.

More tracks like Too Much would of helped. Too many wasted beats with non sense rapping.

I just feel like he said this was going to be a very personal record. But only a 3rd of it felt personal.

He created expectations that weren't even half met, that's my only real complaint.

I still support good music, but I have to be honest. Not gonna just hate or love everything without being fully honest.

There was no real connection to 2/3 of this album. Not as relatable as he promised it to be. I think that's what kills it for some of the people who are underwhelmed.
I can see this, that was the strongest quality of Take Care and him as a rapper period. The relatability. Hes just a normal dude who can rap, theres literally nothing extravagant or out of the ordinary about him, and his music displays that which is what I enjoy. I feel like dude lived a similar life to what I lived, and stuff he talks about I can relate to: arguing with his mom about expectations and what hes supposed to be, all his girl problems are regular dude girl problems, not "I got so many girls IDK what to do with myself", and just growing up around the same people for years and years and developing strong bonds with them.

In regards to this album not being relateable, that doesnt bother me as much, because while thats one of Drakes most redeeming qualities, its not something I expect from rap music. I cant relate to like 95% of rap music. I'm a regular dude, I never moved weight, I'm not balling out of control, etc etc. The music sounds good and thats good enough for me.

Last edited:
Man, some of you guys have Drake's ballsack so far down your throat.... :rofl:

Anyway's I was listening to it a little more at the gym today, well the tracks that are even tolerable for the gym. Because lets admit it, most of this is not gym music.

I started to really like Worst Behavior, but for the most part, dude really isn't saying anything on the song other than "I'm on my worst behavior, they aint never love us."

Too Much and Tuscan Leather are the best songs on the album. Still a majority of it is just meh. I'd probably rank it somewhere between a 6-7/10

Man, some of you guys have Drake's ballsack so far down your throat....
roll.gif

Anyway's I was listening to it a little more at the gym today, well the tracks that are even tolerable for the gym. Because lets admit it, most of this is not gym music.

I started to really like Worst Behavior, but for the most part, dude really isn't saying anything on the song other than "I'm on my worst behavior, they aint never love us."

Too Much and Tuscan Leather are the best songs on the album. Still a majority of it is just meh. I'd probably rank it somewhere between a 6-7/10
roll.gif
Guess I'm included in this, god forbid someone really like something. I'm about to stroll through the Kendrick thread and say this to all the people that crowned GKMC the best album in the last 5 years.

I dont understand how people can stand to come into a thread for an artist they dont like. You know what comments you're going to see, the threads populated with fans of the dude. You'll never see me posting consistently in a thread based around an artist I dont like because my comments are just generally not welcome. I dont care for their music and I'll be amongst a bunch of people that do. It would be different if you were neither here nor there about him, but you've made it clear you hate him, "hes destroying the image of males" or something to that effect.

You gave your constructive opinion of this album pages ago, IDK why you keep coming back just to throw shots at people who like it.

Didn't know Jaden Smith had so many NT accounts...

...this album is wack - that's all there is to it.

Severely dissappointed with NWTS...
Thats cool. I'm not here to convince anyone that its good. I'm not getting emotional or agumentative about it, everyone cant like everything. Question though, why are you so disappointed by it?

After more listening it's a great album but Take Care is still better imo. That album was flawless to me.

Im a take care stan to the fullest but after more listens this is better for being a pure complete album.... take care is greatness imo but can only be played in certain moods. BTW all me is a banger yall trippin

Take Care = more emotion from the listeners
NWTS = Overall better work of music and growth

I think I'm going to buy the few songs from each album that I liked and make my own Drake album

Hud-Mo on Connect :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I have to say I like the album a lot. Once again another cohesive project from Drake.

Aside from The Language (awful song) & Own It, all the songs on here are great. My particular favorites are Too Much and From Time (Jhene Aiko killed it).

Last edited:
Man, some of you guys have Drake's ballsack so far down your throat.... :rofl:

I would hope this isn't gym music, or you'd be dropping the weights on your neck while benching :lol:

Back
Top Bottom