🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Watch his Angie Martinez interview. He sounds way more sensitive In that one. I was honestly surprised by his reaction.

Yeah, I had watched that when it dropped and noticed the agitation, but I wouldn't be surprised if it stemmed from being tired of being asked about it so often in the last week. If you watch the CRWN interview, he expresses his opinion of it uninterruptedly and articulately. It actually made me agree with him. The Control verse was huge right? Well, do you remember the first line of it? Then it wasn't that damn huge.

Finally watched his reaction to "Control" during his CRWN interview now that the whole thing is out and he didn't sound sensitive or mad at all. It feels like everyone took certain parts out of context and went rampant with them.

Watch his Angie Martinez interview. He sounds way more sensitive In that one. I was honestly surprised by his reaction.

This. I was surprised at how hurt he was. The point of Kendrick's verse was to get dudes to step their game up. Most rap _'s understood that. Him asking "do you remember the first line of it?" sounds like he's tryna avoid any type of competition.

Connect has grown on me so much, the album overall is perfect for the season we are going into. Joint is so mellow 
pimp.gif

Take Care is still his best effort and Underground Kings is probably my favorite Drake song at this point. Cole got AOTY though by a narrow margin.

Yeah, I had watched that when it dropped and noticed the agitation, but I wouldn't be surprised if it stemmed from being tired of being asked about it so often in the last week. If you watch the CRWN interview, he expresses his opinion of it uninterruptedly and articulately. It actually made me agree with him. The Control verse was huge right? Well, do you remember the first line of it? Then it wasn't that damn huge.

Kendrick's Control verse = Drake's Stay Schemin verse

name calling = "shootin in the gym"

i like Drake as an artist but y'all either blind or overly defensive if you can't tell Drake feels some type of way.

1. he insinuates that no one will work w/ him and he messed up his music relationships
- Drake said they saw each other 5 days later and were cool :rolleyes
- How you gone speak on like 10 other dudes' decision to keep workin w/ Kendrick?
2. He clearly threw a shot by saying "just to get poppin on twitter" or whatever
- Kendrick is a platinum artist who is about to go on tour w/ Ye...yeah he totally needed that verse to stay buzzin
3. He says he would rather Kendrick really be like "**** everybody"
- why? that's ****** ******ed. he said in the verse "i **** w/ y'all but on this music **** i'm tryna kill y'all" so that means he should have actual ill will towards y'all when he just said he doesn't he just wants to be better than you at rapping? then you got dudes in here agreeing. y'all so soft bro. it's LITERALLY the equivalent of Kobe saying he'd kill Lebron on the court and then still being cool when he sees him and playing on the USA team w/ him. Because Kobe [or any b-ball player] says he's better than you and wants to make sure you don't win no rings on his watch he should really hate you? :rofl: listen to yourselves man.

Last edited:
The only cringeworthy thing Drake has done in this media run.. is try to hit on Angie Martinez, get shutdown and then shoutout her man.. this is the second time he has tried his hand :lol:

Upon further review...Wayne shoulda been on the CD somewhere

305, own it, worst behavior, the language..something :smh:

We get it we get it, you like Drake :lol:

Each interview Drake had a different response, you can tell he was hurt. His emotion and the context. Saying he half assed it, saying he won't work with him and then saying he had the same idea a couple years ago :lol:

For the record, I could give a damn about the verse and song. Played it once and never again.

We get it we get it, you like Drake :lol:

Each interview Drake had a different response, you can tell he was hurt. His emotion and the context. Saying he half assed it, saying he won't work with him and then saying he had the same idea a couple years ago :lol:

For the record, I could give a damn about the verse and song. Played it once and never again.

But why does it have to be all of that though? :lol:

You make it sound like I'm in here on every page defending Drake against people's criticisms. I don't care about anyone else's opinion, so I don't do debates about how soft he is, or about where his music stands against others, or which songs are trash, or any of that. All I'm saying is that after finally watching that interview, I feel like people blew it out of proportion.

I can agree that his answers have been all over the place. However, after years of watching Drake interviews, I can tell that this was his clearest and truest response to the verse. I don't know why he sounded all kinds of crazy when answering it other times.

Drake basically calling Kendrick fake...

he's fake for literally saying "y'all my ******, but on these tracks i'm tryna murder y'all" ?

that's fake? the only time anyone should express something like that is if you dislike someone?

let's expand on this logic.

every rapper everywhere pretty much thinks they're the best and wants to murder everybody they rap with.

so, since every rapper has that sentiment but is still cool w/ these other rappers...they are real because they didn't say it in a song?

everybody has the same sentiment as kendrick and, like kendrick, is still cool w/ each other....but they are real, right?

okay. great logic :D

he's fake for literally saying "y'all my ******, but on these tracks i'm tryna murder y'all" ?

that's fake? the only time anyone should express something like that is if you dislike someone?

let's expand on this logic.

every rapper everywhere pretty much thinks they're the best and wants to murder everybody they rap with.

so, since every rapper has that sentiment but is still cool w/ these other rappers...they are real because they didn't say it in a song?

everybody has the same sentiment as kendrick and, like kendrick, is still cool w/ each other....but they are real, right?

okay. great logic :D

He said Kendrick was showing love at the VMAs and ****, like he never spit the verse...

He said Kendrick was showing love at the VMAs and ****, like he never spit the verse...

are you listening to yourself?

why wouldn't he act like nothing happened?

all he said was i'm tryna be better than you at rapping....that's really all.

these are 25 year old men.

what was KENDRICK supposed to say?

"yeeeeeah man i know you heard that verse...welp....yeah.....stiiiiiill tryna murder you at this music thing so uuummm...yeah see ya"

tf? :lol:

it's cool y'all just sensitive. not in a bad way, y'all just feel like this warrants anything more than a musical response.

i just don't get how Drake won't release a diss track towards Kendrick. the closest we got from Drake ever battling was on Stay Schemin. Common was getting at him pretty hard too. but unlike Com, Kendrick call Drake out by name along with these other guys.

are you listening to yourself?

why wouldn't he act like nothing happened?

all he said was i'm tryna be better than you at rapping....that's really all.

these are 25 year old men.

what was KENDRICK supposed to say?

"yeeeeeah man i know you heard that verse...welp....yeah.....stiiiiiill tryna murder you at this music thing so uuummm...yeah see ya"

tf? :lol:

it's cool y'all just sensitive. not in a bad way, y'all just feel like this warrants anything more than a musical response.

Man shut the hell up. All I'm saying is when listening to his interviews, it sounds like Drake is pretty much saying Kendrick is fake.

Chill the **** out

Last edited:
i just don't get how Drake won't release a diss track towards Kendrick. the closest we got from Drake ever battling was on Stay Schemin. Common was getting at him pretty hard too. but unlike Com, Kendrick call Drake out by name along with these other guys.

I mean Language is basically a diss track

Upon further review...Wayne shoulda been on the CD somewhere
why? So he could spit another underwhelming verse about his cunnilingus ability?

His music sucks right now. I was happy Wayne aint on this. He would've added nothing.

I mean Com BASICALLY called him out by name...

Canada Dry
"you gon' turn around and make me catch a body like that," quoting the man's lyrics :lol: Com when "***** in yoo" on Drake :lol: :lol:

Man shut the hell up. All I'm saying is when listening to his interviews, it sounds like Drake is pretty much saying Kendrick is fake.

Chill the **** out

so all i did was present a logical reason why that was stupid.

your response "shut the hell up" "chill the **** out" proves my point...

sensitive, sensitive, sensitive :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom