🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Drake didn't sound hurt to me, he was just stating his opinion on the control verse and honestly he isn't in the wrong.

Kendrick didn't just say "Yall my dogs, but I wanna be the best rapper" he said that he's trying to kill these dudes on records, and is trying to take their fans, and basically take these guys careers and make sure that they don't rap anymore. Period. "Tryna make sure ya core fanbase NEVER HEARD OF YOU ****** THEY DONT WANNA HEAR NOT ONE MORE NOUN OR VERB FROM YOU ******"

That may not be "hurtful" per say, but if I am a rapper, and someone is telling me they are trying to basically kill my career, how else am I supposed to take it?

Drake seemed annoyed and tired of talking about it

It's funny cats calling Drake soft are the same clowns rocking skirts, taking selfies with their shirts off holding J's and rocking spandex jeans

Da irony

why? So he could spit another underwhelming verse about his cunnilingus ability?

His music sucks right now. I was happy Wayne aint on this. He would've added nothing.

Yup. Wayne woulda make one of those more hype just off energy alone. The language or 305 woulda been perfect. They both sound like they missing something. :smh: though birdman did come thru with that crack :smokin

Drake didn't sound hurt to me, he was just stating his opinion on the control verse and honestly he isn't in the wrong.

Kendrick didn't just say "Yall my dogs, but I wanna be the best rapper" he said that he's trying to kill these dudes on records, and is trying to take their fans, and basically take these guys careers and make sure that they don't rap anymore. Period. "Tryna make sure ya core fanbase NEVER HEARD OF YOU ****** THEY DONT WANNA HEAR NOT ONE MORE NOUN OR VERB FROM YOU ******"

That may not be "hurtful" per say, but if I am a rapper, and someone is telling me they are trying to basically kill my career, how else am I supposed to take it?

his first reply was perfect, when he said we know kendrick isn't murdering me blah blah blah

he actually does sound hurt in the interviews, listen to the one with angie martinez and the one w/ big boi

why? So he could spit another underwhelming verse about his cunnilingus ability?

His music sucks right now. I was happy Wayne aint on this. He would've added nothing.

Yup. Wayne woulda make one of those more hype just off energy alone. The language or 305 woulda been perfect. They both sound like they missing something. :smh: though birdman did come thru with that crack :smokin
:lol:

.......you're supposed to take it like a MAN in a highly competitive field.

say me and my boy both play pro ball.

he's a DB...i'm a receiver...

in an interview before the game he says he wants to make sure i get 0 yards that day...no touches...to the point coach might have to take me out.

you think i'ma get mad or try to go off for 200 yds on him?

it's cool man. like i said earlier. some of us are less sensitive than others.

that's not a slight towards any of you, it's just a psychology thing.

something like this, in y'all mind, deserves hard feelings.

in my mind it deserves "oh okay bet...well now it's time for me to put the pressure on you"

*shrugs*

You people are still concerned about diss tracks...grow the **** up. These are grown *** millionaires. They have no reason to give anyone the time of day that wants to say anything bad about them.

Love every song on this album by the way :pimp:

Yeah that makes no sense; if you're a DB and your boy is a WR you have to play against each other it's a game

Kendrick went at Drake for personal gain when Drake helped him with his personal gain

Poetic Justice got a lot more spins due to Drake's presence which in turn puts people onto Kendrick; the regular Joe knows Drake not Kendrick

Last edited:
Yeah that makes no sense; if you're a DB and your boy is a WR you have to play against each other it's a game

Kendrick went at Drake for personal gain when Drake helped him with his personal gain

Poetic Justice got a lot more spins due to Drake's presence which in turn puts people onto Kendrick; the regular Joe knows Drake not Kendrick

Kendrick still goes platinum without Drake. Swimming Pools was a way bigger single than Poetic Justice so don't make it seem like Drake had that much of an impact on Kendricks success especially since he had a movement growing before Drake came into the picture and he signed a joint venture with Aftermath. Personal gain when kendrick was already platinum? It's not like he only called out Drake, he called out EVERY young artist grinding right now whether he was more popular than them or not, Jay Elect doesn't even have an album out and he named him.

Kendrick still goes platinum without Drake. Swimming Pools was a way bigger single than Poetic Justice so don't make it seem like Drake had that much of an impact on Kendricks success especially since he had a movement growing before Drake came into the picture and he signed a joint venture with Aftermath. Personal gain when kendrick was already platinum? It's not like he only called out Drake, he called out EVERY young artist grinding right now whether he was more popular than them or not, Jay Elect doesn't even have an album out and he named him.

Honestly the best thing Drake did for Kendrick was have on Buried Alive that exposed Kendrick to Drakes entire fanbase

And the fact that Buried Alive is arguably one of the top songs on Take Care shows alot, Poetic Justice didnt do much for Kendrick tho it wasnt a single so it really didnt boost sales for him

TML is drake weakest album but it was still good especially for a debut

i still have yet to understand when people say this

most people make their best work ever out of their debut album

it's years of work in one album, their whole life up until that point basically

drake just ended up putting all that work and frustration into so far gone and it took the wind out of his own debut album

TML is drake weakest album but it was still good especially for a debut

i still have yet to understand when people say this

most people make their best work ever out of their debut album

it's years of work in one album, their whole life up until that point basically

drake just ended up putting all that work and frustration into so far gone and it took the wind out of his own debut album

This is so true dudes make a track that they know is epic and be like im saving this for the album yet the album releases 8 years later

Honestly the best thing Drake did for Kendrick was have on Buried Alive that exposed Kendrick to Drakes entire fanbase

And the fact that Buried Alive is arguably one of the top songs on Take Care shows alot, Poetic Justice didnt do much for Kendrick tho it wasnt a single so it really didnt boost sales for him

Poetic Justice was a single, it was the 4th official one.

Dudes just saying anything to defend this boy.

"He was irritated" "He was annoyed" :rofl:
People were onto Kendrick way before that. "The Recipe" and "Swimming Pools" did that.

And you do anything to hate on him which you've done this entire thread

The Recipe didn't even chart in the top 100 :lol:

Last edited:
Dudes just saying anything to defend this boy.

"He was irritated" "He was annoyed" :rofl:
People were onto Kendrick way before that. "The Recipe" and "Swimming Pools" did that.

And you do anything to hate on him which you've done this entire thread

The Recipe didn't even chart in the top 100 :lol:

:lol: Right. I hate Drake yet I'm a big fan of his. Chill out Stanley.

It doesn't matter where The Recipe charted. It was a song that got his name out there. Him and Dre performed it at Coachella which did a lot and once Swimming Pools dropped he was off and running. Poetic Justice dropped in like January.

Last edited:
.......you're supposed to take it like a MAN in a highly competitive field.

say me and my boy both play pro ball.

he's a DB...i'm a receiver...

in an interview before the game he says he wants to make sure i get 0 yards that day...no touches...to the point coach might have to take me out.

you think i'ma get mad or try to go off for 200 yds on him?

it's cool man. like i said earlier. some of us are less sensitive than others.

that's not a slight towards any of you, it's just a psychology thing.

something like this, in y'all mind, deserves hard feelings.

in my mind it deserves "oh okay bet...well now it's time for me to put the pressure on you"

*shrugs*

And this is where the sports and music analogy stops. It just doesn't make sense. In sports, you literally have an opponent for that game. You are supposed to try and beat them. That's what you do to your opponent in sports.

In music, it really isn't like that despite what rappers say. One person eating in rap does not depend on making sure the other one doesn't. Kendrick eating has nothing to do with Drake eating. This isn't sports. In music, you make music . The only competition in actuality is yourself, trying to out do your previous effort. In sports? You literally have to beat someone to win the game. That's just not the case in music. In sports, a win is the result of someone loosing. In music? A win does not mean someone else has to lose. Drake, Wale, Kendrick, Cole, Sean, all are winning right now. None of those guys have to try to kill each other's fanbases to win.

So, for Kendrick to want to take all of those guys out, he's basically saying he wants to make sure they don't eat anymore. That's a diss. I would take that personal to a degree, to which I don't even think Drake did. Kendrick legit said he's trying to murder Drake on the mic, make sure he doesn't eat anymore...he doesn't want Drake to have any fans left...then acted like none of that transpired. So it's understandable why he was put off by that.

his first reply was perfect, when he said we know kendrick isn't murdering me blah blah blah

he actually does sound hurt in the interviews, listen to the one with angie martinez and the one w/ big boi

I've seen all of his interviews, he didn't come off hurt to me. He came off honest.

alright bro.

you just sensitive.

if i'm an NFL wide receiver and you hold me to 0 yards that's ****** w/ my personal gain.

and btw...this rap **** is a game too.

which is why you can be friends w/ somebody and get on wax and say "hey i'm better than you"

and okay y'all talkin about him saying "make sure your core fans never heard of you N_" is hilarious.

that doesn't even make sense...if you're my core fan...you already heard me. clearly Dot was just adding fuel to the flame that was the name dropping, but okay...be sensitive...Kendrick "went at Drake" :rofl:

so Kendrick was supposed to be like "look i'm tryna be better than all of y'all and kill y'all....except Drake....cuz he put me on Take Care."

stop hiding from the most probable reason for Drake's soft response: people keep talking about Kendrick when it's supposed to be his time to shine.

people calling Kendrick the most lyrical while slighting Drake on the lyrical end.

and what's y'all point about Drake giving Kendrick more fans?

what does that have to do w/ Kendrick's verse? IT WASN'T A DISS!!!!

it wasn't even disrespectful.

he didn't even say "y'all suck, i don't" he said "i'm TRYING to kill y'all when i get in the booth" [followed by the core fans line that is just for rhyming/fuel since it makes no sense]

:rofl: but whatever man, i'm out. Drake shouldn't work with Kendrick anymore. y'all got it.

So, for Kendrick to want to take all of those guys out, he's basically saying he wants to make sure they don't eat anymore. That's a diss. I would take that personal to a degree, to which I don't even think Drake did. Kendrick legit said he's trying to murder Drake on the mic, make sure he doesn't eat anymore...he doesn't want Drake to have any fans left...then acted like none of that transpired. So it's understandable why he was put off by that.

Ya'll dudes just don't get it. This ain't some 50 vs Ja type of ****. 50 didn't want Ja to eat, that was personal. This is good competition, nothing more. Drake is in ya'll top 5, we get it ya'll love him but ya'll going above and beyond to defend him sounding hurt. No other rapper reacted the way he did. Pusha, Meek, Krit, Wale, Big Sean all of 'em know what the verse was about.

Back
Top Bottom