🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Drake being in YM still doesn't sit right with me, he's big enough to be under Warner with his OVO imprint

Drake featuring Drake.

***** wrote the whole song, including Wayne verse

laugh.gif
Nah wayne verse sounded like a Wayne verse and not drake.

But
smokin.gif
the Wayne and Drake combo hasn't made a bad song yet
ehhhh....

It's still a fair comparison, it's not Drakes fault Wayne/YM drops bad albums

But we were talking about if drake would outsell Wayne, i don't even know why rich gang or a COMPILATION cd was bought up :lol:

And be real, IANAHB isn't even a traditional Wayne release. If you wanna compare it, use the carter 4...

I think he would...at least now he would...Drake keeps peaking, Wayne is either where he has been or is on the decline

Bruh. IANAHB 1 and 2 never sold good. Because they aren't a real release. Kinda just something to hold the fans over till the real CD drops.

Well fine, IANAHB2 vs NWTS...??? NWTS sold more

This is fair. However we both know that the IANAHB series doesn't sell like his Tha Carter albums do, so this doesn't serve as a good indicator of what Tha Carter V can do, or who has more selling power between him and Drake.

how is IANAHB not a 'real' album? it has songs on it right? there were singles/videos for it right? it released in stores right? sales are tracked, right?

I understand what you guys are trying to say, but that's just not the case

IANAHB could've been a mixtape...then your argument would be valid

Once again, Wayne didn't have to release those albums but he chose to so they will be treated as any other release.

Don't forget Wayne dropped that rock album

IANAHB and those side albums are not scrimmage games, those are part of the game

All those albums count just as much as Kanye and '808s & Heartbreak', Jay did BP1 & 2, then 3-4 albums between those, then BP3, so those albums between BP1 and BP3 don't count?

Not trying to be funny when I ask this, but if someone is blocked on mobile can you not see any indication of a post?

.... Or are you just having a conversation with yourself?

IANAHB and those side albums are not scrimmage games, those are part of the game

I didn't say anything about IANAHB I and II not being real releases personally, but the fact that Carter IV dropped AFTER the first IANAHB album and sold the way it did says that people gravitate to one series in a way that they don't for the other. Thus, IANAHB II isn't telling of how Tha Carter V will sell, and once again; of who has more selling power between Wayne and Drake.

I didn't say anything about IANAHB I and II not being real releases personally, but the fact that Carter IV dropped AFTER the first IANAHB album and sold the way it did says that people gravitate to one series in a way that they don't for the other. Thus, IANAHB II isn't telling of how Tha Carter V will sell, and once again; of who has more selling power between Wayne and Drake.

It also wasn't heavily promoted, it just kinda came and went, I'd say at this point Drakes batting averave > Waynes, only because Wayne oversaturated and put out bad music

It also wasn't heavily promoted, it just kinda came and went, I'd say at this point Drakes batting averave > Waynes, only because Wayne oversaturated and put out bad music

The argument here is consumer identification. Big part of consumerism and a lot of people underestimate just how important it is. Tha Carter series has a relationship with the public. IANAHB doesn't. Therefore, IANAHB is not 100% indicative of Wayne's selling power at the moment. Which is true. Can't argue that. However, the question is how much is that relationship worth? IANAHB did what, 100k or something first week? Is Tha Carter series relationship with the public that big to where it'll see wayne jump 400, 500k in first week sales? That remains to be seen.

Even though personally, I feel that if one is into the Hip-Hop culture one can clearly see and feel that Drake has a bit more selling power right now and unless Wayne catches fire from a buzz standpoint in the lead up to C5, he'll have a hard time breaking 300k first week which is awesome, but not really close to what Drake is doing.

Back
Top Bottom