🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

That's every generation bruh
laugh.gif
no disrespect to Prince (R.I.P) but there you go. Dudes have been "feminine" since the beginning of time I'm sure. Don't let these Young Thug's of today cloud your judgement. It has nothing to do with this generation.
Of course it was also during the Prince but it's even worse than that now. How is a guy suppose to relate to Beyonce and Rihanna? I guess I'm a different guy than them because I mostly listen to old school rap and have different views on things. First, I'm not going to cry over some girl, if she wasn't for me, she wasn't for me. Second, I don't hold grudges against other guys or seek revenge. 

That's every generation bruh :lol: no disrespect to Prince (R.I.P) but there you go. Dudes have been "feminine" since the beginning of time I'm sure. Don't let these Young Thug's of today cloud your judgement. It has nothing to do with this generation.

That's not what he was saying. And this generation is soft. Each generation has gotten softer.

He's talking about how dudes with this generation cape for another man like girls do with Rihanna and Beyonce. Just like how Drake fans did the little social media stuff with Meek. Some stuff people do is indefensible and you just need to let it be. It doesn't need to be defended. I expect a woman to say she doesn't care about who writes or does what. Most have a different relationship to hip hop. Plus most of his music is for them. A male? And then that same man will talk how he loves hip hop. You can't. Sorry. You just like the songs, the end result.

I chalk it up to young kids having a different relationship with hip hop. When I was young it was still taboo. You had to defend why you listened to hip hop. You had to search for it. It's just here now and people take it for granted to the point they disrespect it. That's why rap can be compared to R&B with a straight face.

Going back to Rakim, Kane, KRS, G Rap...we never had these conversations and stanning. With Jay-Z and Nas, we never had these conversations.

I see some of the excuses and conversations going on and shake my head. real talk.

MC - Master of Ceremonies

It is about what you SAY.  And what you say is what you've written.  That's how it has always been.  No one is on the corner performing pop songs a capella.  No one is on the corner battling rock tunes.  Those genres are based on the MUSIC...there is no rock song without a guitar.  There is no pop smash song with no music.  Why even draw that comparison?  It's nonsensical

Hip hop is about RAPPING.  It's about bars.  It's about battling, with no beats, and no computers, and no gimmicks.  Who is the nicest?  This is how it always has been.

This new generation...MY generation...just wants a new set of rules, and I don't respect it.  

The truth right here.

Back when Kendrick called out rappers on Control and the ONLY rapper that got hurt was Drake and the ONLY fan base that got hurt was Drake's. I could already see how my generation and people younger was lost on what Hip Hop is about. Drake was mad and upset that he got called out and his group of stans took the same stance. Acting like Hip Hop is not about competition. When it's one of the things Hip Hop was built on. Now dudes want to make every excuse possible for him having a crew of writers.

If y'all are ok with him having a team of writers, cool. We put him in the group with Rihanna, Taylor Swift. Maybe Kanye, except Drake doesn't produce anything.

What about Meek?

Seems like your just building a strawman famb

Just by doing a quick a lil Google search...

"Yeah, I know Kendrick," Meek Mill said in an interview with DJ Whookid. "He's a cool guy. I seen him the other day. I seen him at Hov's party. I said, 'You know I'm loading up to fire back.' He's a cool guy, man."

When asked if there was any beef between the two because of "Control," Meek clarified his position.

"Nah, hell nah," Meek said. "I like that ****. I ain't mad at it. If you mad at it, then you must just be a soft dude."

"I'm in a lane by myself," Mill said at the time. "I'm the only [one] that's lyrically spittin' some street music and gettin' money. Kendrick [Lamar and Black Hippy], I'ma tell 'em in a rap: y'all can run that backpack, I'ma run these streets...We gonna have fun with it; get money. Hip Hop needed that"

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.25376/t...old-kendrick-lamar-about-his-control-response

Those were Meeks words about that. So again Drake was the only dude crying and complaining about it.

Got google to famb
That was after he did though:

It even says so in the article.

Plus tons of other rappers had lil comments on songs about Control, even J.Cole. I don't remember Drake crying, all I remember Drake politley dissmingi it and saying was it is all love when he see Kendrick and he needs to be more consistent, and said a few subliminal bars on the Future song.

You got a quote of Drake complaining and crying?

So yeah, strawman

Last edited:
And both haven't had a hot album since the 2000's yet both are described lyrical rappers

Life is Good was good

and Jay-Z has had one solo album in seven years.

and if you like dudes simping and bad singing, Jay-Z and Nas probably aren't for you anyway.

You wylin now.

Cause it was plenty of masculine ****** who sold and snorted coke listening to Sade and Anita Baker in the 80s.

facts , and Janet Jackson , who IMO is a pretty damn close comparison to Rihanna generationally . acting like men didnt start listening to female artists until a few years ago :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Got google to pa

Plus tons of other rappers had lil comments on songs about Control, even J.Cole. I don't remember Drake crying, all I remember Drake politley dissmingi it and saying was it is all love when he see Kendrick and he needs to be more consistent, and said a few subliminal bars on the Future song.

So yeah, strawman
One time he said it was all hype and another time he said he thought about doing the something but it would ruin his relationship with others.

There we go the lyrics. So despite the criticism from the beats being lackluster, he's still one of the best ever. You really think this would be the case is it was the reverse? If he had great beats and trash bars? No, because at the end of the day the bars always supercede everything else in rap.

Last edited:
Got google to pa

So yeah, strawman

One time he said it was all hype and another time he said he thought about doing the something but it would ruin his relationship with others.

Ok, but I'm not defending Drake's reponse. Famb said Drake and only Drake (and his fans) had something to say about control. Crying and complaining.

But other people had stuff to say, other people had responses, and Drake was most dismissive about the situation.

I gurantee you now this is gonna morph into "you a Drake stan defending a soft rapper" instead of me just pointing out that dudes comment was just not true

I laugh when I hear people say Drake has written for other people. Drake being called a song writer is like Meek Mill being called a battle rapper. I never understood how these crazy thoughts came about. Drake's team wrote songs for Jamie Foxx and Alicia Keys, not Drake.

And YEARS before the reference tracks came out, there were MULTIPLE lawsuits and claims that came out about him not paying his writers and people coming out and saying they wrote. People just ignored it because they didn't want to admit it. That **** came out during Thank Me Later.

When you see writing credits. Most rappers will have one or two names including their own which is usually the artist and producer. Producer might have given a hook or helped out with concepts. When you sample a song, you see the original writers on there as well.

Billboards and Grammy's label all black people as rap or R&B no matter the music. It's dumb as ****. Rihanna is not R&B, she can't sing. ***** makes pop music.

Drake reference tracks keep leaking and he's still writing his own music to some of yall? Y'all clearly don't know how reference songs go down AND 40 basically said he had a team. PND, Majid Jordan and his one reggae artist wrote mad songs on this album. Stole their sound and everything.

Life is Good was good

and Jay-Z has had one solo album in seven years.

and if you like dudes simping and bad singing, Jay-Z and Nas probably aren't for you anyway.

:lol: please I was raised in the 90's buying albums since 96. views is average at best not as bad as ya make it seem I could appreciate both for what they offer this elite smug style backpacking from my generation is weak

Last edited:
There we go the lyrics. So despite the criticism from the beats being lackluster, he's still one of the best ever. You really think this would be the case is it was the reverse? If he had great beats and trash bars? No, because at the end of the day the bars always supercede everything else in rap.

And when we are both old they gonna consider these suppose non lyrical rappers to ya like Kanye and drake greats also hate it or love. That super lyrical era is over

Ok, but I'm not defending Drake's reponse. Famb said Drake and only Drake (and his fans) had something to say about control. Crying and complaining.

But other people had stuff to say, other people had responses, and Drake was most dismissive about the situation.

I gurantee you now this is gonna morph into "you a Drake stan defending a soft rapper" instead of me just pointing out that dudes comment was just not true
I believe if he was dismissive he wouldn't sever ties with someone. He was bothered by it because of doing so.

And when we are both old they gonna consider these suppose non lyrical rappers to ya like Kanye and drake greats also hate it or love. That super lyrical era is over

It's over if you let it. There's still plenty of dudes it here taking the craft seriously chiefly Cole, Kendrick, and Krit. I don't think I've ever heard anytime refer to Ye and greatest rapper in the same sentence, mainly b/c he's not putting up a facade that he is one.

I don't think I've ever heard anytime refer to Ye and greatest rapper in the same sentence, mainly b/c he's not putting up a facade that he is one.

I think this is the only problem that we all have with drake right now

"The most successful RAPPER under 35"

Dude makes cool and chill music that I can vibe with, but to constantly appoint yourself as the best rapper just isn't right

I think I figured it out know, females like Drake. Guys like females. Guy plays some Drake and has intercourse with female. Guy now likes Drake. Guys defend Drake in order to please females and have intercourse with various females. Everyone is happy. It all makes sense now.
This is the stupidest thing I every thought of
laugh.gif

Last edited:
It's over if you let it. There's still plenty of dudes it here taking the craft seriously chiefly Cole, Kendrick, and Krit. I don't think I've ever heard anytime refer to Ye and greatest rapper in the same sentence, mainly b/c he's not putting up a facade that he is one.

And I like all those rappers too same way I like future and thugger. It doesn't have to be one Dimensional like its is with the old heads/my generation

Last edited:
Got google to famb

got a quote of Drake complaining and crying?

So yeah, strawman

Yeah he said that after. Where did he sound mad or upset about Kendrick calling him out? He told Kendrick he was making it and it was competition to both of them. Your man Drake was clearly hurt by it. Dude was on Angie's show talking about "those were harsh words" "who's gonna work with him"

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.25544/title.drake-says-hes-done-with-kendrick-lamars-control-verse

Drake handled the Meek battle perfect but he was a female in the Kendrick situation. Everybody else was just like it's Hip Hop. Cole kept it Hip Hop. He put out verse. You see it one way, I see it another.

I remember when drake said discussing splits was distasteful in response to kia shine lol

boy was hurt then when the curtain was opening on how his songs were created

then there was a chick saying she had songs that weren't paid for on tml

then abel basically inspired and wrote for tc

ran away with migos flow and style on nwts

q miller and pnd fathered iyrtitl

now this album is easily his dullest yet but somehow not his worst but all the others had way better individual songs

"And if a ***** say my name, he the hot ****
, But if I say the ***** name, he still the hot ****
"

Y'all saying this goes back to Thank Me Later? :lol:

Can we give him credit for So Far Gone, or is that somebody else's pen game too?

Back
Top Bottom