🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

This is an old school sumg style (as ninjahood would say) backpacker way of thinking. If you want bars go listen to an immortal technique album. Again only rap/hip hop fans are so ignorant they can't accept anything as a new standard. Constant arguments over what "real" hip hop who's a "real" rapper is all ********. There is no solid definition and the entertainment industry is ever evolving. like what you like but don't knock other artist for doing it different.
Look man, I am not just a rap/hip hop fan.  I am a music fan.  I listen to every genre so I don't belong in this "backpacker" category you're attempting to throw me in
laugh.gif
.  "Evolving" is a term that implies improvement and betterment.

All I'm saying is, if the evolution taking place isn't a positive one then I'm not for it.  And musically/creatively speaking, it isn't.  The quality of the music put out now is inferior.  You can't honestly look me in the face and tell me the work being released currently is timeless and better than the music that came out when we were so apparently "unevolved."  Can you?

Slide on a late nightttt [emoji]10084[/emoji]️ [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

#Views x #TheFreshhhhTape [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

- much luv, stay freshhhh !! :smokin :smokin :smokin

Look man, I am not just a rap/hip hop fan.  I am a music fan.  I listen to every genre so I don't belong in this "backpacker" category you're attempting to throw me in :lol: .  "Evolving" is a term that implies improvement and betterment.

All I'm saying is, if the evolution taking place isn't a positive one then I'm not for it.  And musically/creatively speaking, it isn't.  The quality of the music put out now is inferior.  You can't honestly look me in the face and tell me the work being released currently is timeless and better than the music that came out when we were so apparently "unevolved."  Can you?

It's subjective. In terms of production, engineering and technique it's miles ahead of the 90's early 00's lyrics are not but they aren't as terrible as ya l guys make it seem and it isn't the end all of what makes a good song anymore. Not gonna compare thom York to future but dudes were I here talking about future was terrible on Grammys and he repeated the same thing over and over yet radiographs kid a is widely regarded as the best album any genre of the last decade and the best song on that album is everything in its right place where he repeats the same lines over and over still the 3 verse. Nobody said anything about that cause the mood arrangement production everything was great. I'm rambling on music is more than just lyrics in this day and age regardless of what genre is what I'm saying.

Lyrics and the crafting of those lyrics mean more to rap than any other genre, that much has not changed. You still can decipher trash bars when you hear them. Seems that more people are willing to give it a pass because of who does it or if the beat is nice. That's not evolution that's laziness.

Lyrics and the crafting of those lyrics mean more to rap than any other genre, that much has not changed. You still can decipher trash bars when you hear them. Seems that more people are willing to give it a pass because of who does it or if the beat is nice. That's not evolution that's laziness.

it's not the end all be all to a song rap or not. Mood and production account for the same if not more.

It's subjective. In terms of production, engineering and technique it's miles ahead of the 90's early 00's lyrics are not but they aren't as terrible as ya l guys make it seem and it isn't the end all of what makes a good song anymore. Not gonna compare thom York to future but dudes were I here talking about future was terrible on Grammys and he repeated the same thing over and over yet radiographs kid a is widely regarded as the best album any genre of the last decade and the best song on that album is everything in its right place where he repeats the same lines over and over still the 3 verse. Nobody said anything about that cause the mood arrangement production everything was great. I'm rambling on music is more than just lyrics in this day and age regardless of what genre is what I'm saying.
90s rap is leagues ahead of this generation's rap.

it's not the end all be all to a song rap or not. Mood and production account for the same if not more.

You can say this but it's not true. You can spit rhymes with minimal beats and it still be flames. A lot of that stuff now is window dressing, cause once you strip it away you realize many of these so called reapers are garbage.

Sounds like some of yall are way too invested

The rap game as a whole is all ****** up, and based on what other 'music' these 'artists' are putting out right now I would happily take this new Drake compared to that trash.

Sucks but it is what it is, just enjoy the music for what it is.

Some new J Cole would be appreciated though :nerd:

I blame the generation, everyone is so emotional and in touch with their feminine side (a little too much). Also they're pretending to be a certain way instead of being true to themselves. You have guys listening to Beyonce and Rihanna and some are actually imitating them. Seems like they're more teenage girls than boys and men sometimes.

People who make ignorant comments like these usually aren't comfortable with their own sexuality or masculinity.

You can say this but it's not true. You can spit rhymes with minimal beats and it still be flames. A lot of that stuff now is window dressing, cause once you strip it away you realize many of these so called reapers are garbage.

False and you and I been through this.

Nas is my goat but he is notorious for have a wack *** ear for beats. He could kill a song bar for bar if the beat is wack so is the song.

False and you and I been through this.

Nas is my goat but he is notorious for have a wack *** ear for beats. He could kill a song bar for bar if the beat is wack so is the song.

And as having a wack ear for beats as you say how is it that he's almost universally acknowledged as one of the greats of all time?

MC - Master of Ceremonies

It is about what you SAY.  And what you say is what you've written.  That's how it has always been.  No one is on the corner performing pop songs a capella.  No one is on the corner battling rock tunes.  Those genres are based on the MUSIC...there is no rock song without a guitar.  There is no pop smash song with no music.  Why even draw that comparison?  It's nonsensical

Hip hop is about RAPPING.  It's about bars.  It's about battling, with no beats, and no computers, and no gimmicks.  Who is the nicest?  This is how it always has been.

This new generation...MY generation...just wants a new set of rules, and I don't respect it.  

The truth right here.

Back when Kendrick called out rappers on Control and the ONLY rapper that got hurt was Drake and the ONLY fan base that got hurt was Drake's. I could already see how my generation and people younger was lost on what Hip Hop is about. Drake was mad and upset that he got called out and his group of stans took the same stance. Acting like Hip Hop is not about competition. When it's one of the things Hip Hop was built on. Now dudes want to make every excuse possible for him having a crew of writers.

If y'all are ok with him having a team of writers, cool. We put him in the group with Rihanna, Taylor Swift. Maybe Kanye, except Drake doesn't produce anything.

What about Meek?

Seems like your just building a strawman famb

Just by doing a quick a lil Google search...

"Yeah, I know Kendrick," Meek Mill said in an interview with DJ Whookid. "He's a cool guy. I seen him the other day. I seen him at Hov's party. I said, 'You know I'm loading up to fire back.' He's a cool guy, man."

When asked if there was any beef between the two because of "Control," Meek clarified his position.

"Nah, hell nah," Meek said. "I like that ****. I ain't mad at it. If you mad at it, then you must just be a soft dude."

"I'm in a lane by myself," Mill said at the time. "I'm the only [one] that's lyrically spittin' some street music and gettin' money. Kendrick [Lamar and Black Hippy], I'ma tell 'em in a rap: y'all can run that backpack, I'ma run these streets...We gonna have fun with it; get money. Hip Hop needed that"

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.25376/t...old-kendrick-lamar-about-his-control-response

Those were Meeks words about that. So again Drake was the only dude crying and complaining about it.

MC - Master of Ceremonies

It is about what you SAY.  And what you say is what you've written.  That's how it has always been.  No one is on the corner performing pop songs a capella.  No one is on the corner battling rock tunes.  Those genres are based on the MUSIC...there is no rock song without a guitar.  There is no pop smash song with no music.  Why even draw that comparison?  It's nonsensical

Hip hop is about RAPPING.  It's about bars.  It's about battling, with no beats, and no computers, and no gimmicks.  Who is the nicest?  This is how it always has been.

This new generation...MY generation...just wants a new set of rules, and I don't respect it.  

That's why I'm confused, because people seem to pick and choose rules according whether or not they like the artist. They'll go in on a 18 year old kid sounding like another artist and say that's not hip hop. But what has been hip hop about the past ten years?

I just want some clarification from his fans. So are we calling Drake, Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer? Tone Loc, because Young MC wrote for him?

And as having a wack ear for beats as you say how is it that he's almost universally acknowledged as one of the greats of all time?

hes acknowledged for his storytelling but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a wack ear for beats and he has for some time now. Streets disciple/hip hop is dead/****** are filled with terrible beats and hooks.

Last edited:
hes acknowledged for his storytelling but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a wack ear for beats and he has for some time now. Streets disciple/hip hop is dead/****** are filled with terrible beats and hooks.
What does his storytelling consist of? C'mon you're almost there.

To make it clear I'm not excusing the ghost writing when he claims to be the goat rapper.

Just explaining what ghostwriting is and isn't for those who have it twisted. Just because you hear Party rapping/singing something on a reference doesn't necessarily mean he wrote the whole thing.

Again there's reference tracks for Jay that hve Kanye and Pharrell and Timbaland's voices on it. Unless you're arguing they wrote those whole tracks too...?

Not true. You really are reaching for excuses.

You're confusing a reference track and what a producer does. A producer comes up with the beat, and often even the hook. Pharrell isn't teaching Jay-Z how to flow over a track. Jay-Z does that himself, because he's picking the beat. That's how he can hear a beat CD and pick a song(s). Pharrell is an artist and is giving his vision to sell his beat. 40 isn't the one doing this for Drake. Essentially they are using that other persons talent at song making to create a song for Drake. That like what Beyonce does when she has her camps. What Kanye does. Still with Kanye he's the one behind the scenes giving his vision of what he wants to hear so it's still his creation. I respect Kanye doing it, because he takes it to another level and does it piece by piece. That's why other producers respect him, because he will say you are better than this than me, but this is how I want my song to be. Help me create my vision as perfect to what I hear in my head. I'm not sure if that happens with Drake. I feel as thought he's a Frankenstein creation.

Just by doing a quick a lil Google search...

"Yeah, I know Kendrick," Meek Mill said in an interview with DJ Whookid. "He's a cool guy. I seen him the other day. I seen him at Hov's party. I said, 'You know I'm loading up to fire back.' He's a cool guy, man."

When asked if there was any beef between the two because of "Control," Meek clarified his position.

"Nah, hell nah," Meek said. "I like that ****. I ain't mad at it. If you mad at it, then you must just be a soft dude."

"I'm in a lane by myself," Mill said at the time. "I'm the only [one] that's lyrically spittin' some street music and gettin' money. Kendrick [Lamar and Black Hippy], I'ma tell 'em in a rap: y'all can run that backpack, I'ma run these streets...We gonna have fun with it; get money. Hip Hop needed that"

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.25376/t...old-kendrick-lamar-about-his-control-response

Those were Meeks words about that. So again Drake was the only dude crying and complaining about it.
I sort of took it as Drake feeling disrespected by being mentioned, guess he took it the wrong way cause they never worked again

I'm just saying, this generation is too emotional sometimes and some guys do be acting feminine too. 

That's every generation bruh :lol: no disrespect to Prince (R.I.P) but there you go. Dudes have been "feminine" since the beginning of time I'm sure. Don't let these Young Thug's of today cloud your judgement. It has nothing to do with this generation.

Back
Top Bottom