🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Still very wild that Slime You Out went number one. That is not a single to me, that is deep cut material. I liked the song to begin with, but it definitely is better in the flow of the album than as a single that is supposed to stand on its own.

Drew A Picasso
IMG_1378.gif

whether you like the album or not he’s still relatively young to be still running music after 15 plus years

i think of the album went like this from start to finish, in terms of the strength of each song and sequence it becomes another great album in his discog:

IMG_2600.jpeg

Last edited:
Away from Home has to make the cut. The “Screw The World” interlude doesn’t add much to the album IMO
I could have put Away from Home and maybe Members Only somewhere in here yes.

I kept STW interlude because I thought it broke up the first couple slow records to then go into the more "Rap" songs following. On the actual album though it adds nothing :lol:

I really wouldnt be mad if someone called this the best Drake album of the 2020s. I lowkey feel like it is. Time will tell but EYE do not feel the same as the segment that feels like this was bad. This was some of the best Singing Drake we have gotten in a long time. The marketing for this album was so odd, its the opposite of what this album is. This might be the saddest Drake album.

Drew A Picasso is the best song on here to me. That is classic Drake. One of the Ones forever.

I really wouldnt be mad if someone called this the best Drake album of the 2020s. I lowkey feel like it is. Time will tell but EYE do not feel the same as the segment that feels like this was bad. This was some of the best Singing Drake we have gotten in a long time. The marketing for this album was so odd, its the opposite of what this album is. This might be the saddest Drake album.

Drew A Picasso is the best song on here to me. That is classic Drake. One of the Ones forever.

Best album since IYRTITL and maybe even NWTS

Album definitely its getting better and better . Never listening to the sexyred or bunny track again but there’s some elite songs on here

Picasso
Away from home
Shooter
Etc.

Album is cool, think it’s just fatigue at this point. A lot of the topics are redundant, the sound/delivery is fresh. Think the perception threw people off, we thought we were getting one type of album based on the roll out and got another. Had this been marketed as a ‘Heartbreak Drake’ type album, maybe reception would’ve been different IMO.

Album needs some cleaning up (radio skits randomly into the album? Random interludes, sequencing, etc.)

Away From Home
Another Late Night
Screw The World Interlude
Virgina Beach
8am In Charlotte
First Person Shooter
What Would Pluto Do
7969 Santa

I mess with all of those. Most of everything else just sounds like the worst versions of much better songs he’s already done. I felt the same after finishing listening to Travis’ ‘Utopia’ (which is much worse than Drake’s album). That break he’s going on should be very beneficial. He’s pretty much been on autopilot since that Views mess.

Back
Top Bottom