šŸ¦‰The Official Drake Thread6ļøāƒ£ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

You being from the West has no merit here. Iā€™m from the West tooā€¦so. Dot gave the man the option of either sticking to rap or making it a mud slinging fest. Drake chose to sling mud and now here we are. And youā€™re clearly a Drake stan or a Dot hater because youā€™ve yet to mention Drake accusing Dot of beating his girl, not being the father of his son or that disrespectful Pac AI. I was really hoping you OVO trolls wouldnā€™t make it over here and we could keep this conversation hip hop. But we see you guys all day over there with the ā€œIā€™m no Drake fan, but everything he did was right and everything Ken did was wrong. Aubrey didnā€™t deserve those harsh words from that mean black guy blah blahā€.

Letā€™s keep it a buck. 2 guys who dislike each other went at it. The fight was supposed to be clean. But one guy showed up with a blade so the other popped the trunk and got that act right out. Drake will be fine at the end of the day. Whoeverā€™s paying yā€™all to say Dot is insensitive and should be kinder to Drake needs to get a refund. This is hip hop and weā€™re not falling for it. Yā€™all couldnā€™t have survived the Lox vs State Prop or Gucci vs Jeezy type beefs.

OVO trolls from where? I thought this was the Drake OVO thread on Niketalk. Look at my niketalk comment history. This is the first time i comment on Drake or Kendrick since I joined in 2007.
It aint that serious to me. Im just giving my perspective in the Drake thread. Kendrick came out looking corny to me.

ā€œmean black guyā€. I though they were both black lol
So Kendrick is claiming he more black?
Im just a casual listener of both and can just say ā€œThey aint like usā€ is wack so im disappointed in the supposed West Coast Rap King :/

stealing what? šŸ˜‚

drake put everyone on.

no one wanted kendrickā€™s *** until drake took him on his tour.

people barely knew who migos was until he remixed versace too šŸ˜‚

drake put yall on. plain and simple.

*plays family matter*

Keep that cape on player. Aubrey needs you.

Keep that cape on player. Aubrey needs you.

u got dat gorilla glue 9000 on ya lip to kendrickā€™s nuts šŸ’€šŸ˜‚

OVO trolls from where? I thought this was the Drake OVO thread on Niketalk. Look at my niketalk comment history. This is the first time i comment on Drake or Kendrick since I joined in 2007.
It aint that serious to me. Im just giving my perspective in the Drake thread. Kendrick came out looking corny to me.

ā€œmean black guyā€. I though they were both black lol
So Kendrick is claiming he more black?
Im just a casual listener of both and can just say ā€œThey aint like usā€ is wack so im disappointed in the supposed West Coast Rap King :/
Nothing wrong with disliking the song fam. If the song is trash to you then so be it. But in your critique you mentioned Dotā€™s subject matter is beneath him. It looks like bias when you donā€™t hold Drake and his bars to the same standard. Tbh they both went too far. But like Dot said on Euphoria, ā€œif you take it there Iā€™m taking it furtherā€. Not like us doesnā€™t get released if Drake doesnā€™t go for Kendrickā€™s fam on Family Matters.

I never said Kendrick claimed heā€™s more black. But you and other Drake stans have mentioned Kendrick attacking Drakeā€™s multiracial background. I assumed you guys think Dot is blacker because of this. Kendrick has made it very clear why he doesnā€™t like dude. Euphoria and 616 in LA has all the answers.

Nothing wrong with disliking the song fam. If the song is trash to you then so be it. But in your critique you mentioned Dotā€™s subject matter is beneath him. It looks like bias when you donā€™t hold Drake and his bars to the same standard. Tbh they both went too far. But like Dot said on Euphoria, ā€œif you take it there Iā€™m taking it furtherā€. Not like us doesnā€™t get released if Drake doesnā€™t go for Kendrickā€™s fam on Family Matters.

I never said Kendrick claimed heā€™s more black. But you and other Drake stans have mentioned Kendrick attacking Drakeā€™s multiracial background. I assumed you guys think Dot is blacker because of this. Kendrick has made it very clear why he doesnā€™t like dude. Euphoria and 616 in LA has all the answers.

It's beneath Kendrick because he was held to a higher standard than Drake. Drake was always more Pop and mainstream. Also, Kendrick went beyond talking about family and got to a level that was uncalled for...with accusations. I never mentioned Kendrick being more black. You said it in your original post. I assumed the beef was between two Black artists...one from Toronto and one from LA. One more pop and one more hip-hop.
Anyway I dont really care. I was just surprised when I saw charts. They Not Like Us...out of all his diss tracks and his entire discography ...was his best performing track ever. I rank it up there with Eminem's "My Name Is" and Ludacris' "Get Out the Way" as Top Hit head scratchers.

It's beneath Kendrick because he was held to a higher standard than Drake. Drake was always more Pop and mainstream. Also, Kendrick went beyond talking about family and got to a level that was uncalled for...with accusations. I never mentioned Kendrick being more black. You said it in your original post. I assumed the beef was between two Black artists...one from Toronto and one from LA. One more pop and one more hip-hop.
Anyway I dont really care. I was just surprised when I saw charts. They Not Like Us...out of all his diss tracks and his entire discography ...was his best performing track ever. I rank it up there with Eminem's "My Name Is" and Ludacris' "Get Out the Way" as Top Hit head scratchers.
Thatā€™s a misconception on your part. Kendrick himself has said heā€™s more Kodak Black than pro black. Go listen to spiteful chant, heart pt 4, Rigamortis or Michael Jordan and tell me heā€™s just a conscious rapper. But whether you thought he was some tree hugging conscious emcee or not. As a man, if your enemy insults the love of your life, your toddler and your best friend all at once then the gloves are off. Itā€™s just weird to me that folks like yourself are fine with accusations about a manā€™s woman and child but get uptight about anything thrown Drakes way. Itā€™s a battle. Drake isnā€™t exempt just because you like his accusations more than Kendrickā€™s. It was a bare knuckle brawl. And since when does someone being more pop give them a pass or make it acceptable to insult someoneā€™s fam? Lol thatā€™s kind of a wild thing to say bro.

To clarify, I said the narrative on Twitter amongst the crodie crusaders was that Dot was a mean black guy using his blackness against a biracial person. You brought up Drake being multiracial as a possible motive for Dots ā€œshenanigansā€ as you put it, first.

But itā€™s all good dude. Just different opinions. No hate.

You could be right since I dont know enough about Drake. I just know that as someone from LA/CA/West Coast, I am not really feeling Kendrick's shenanigans. Kendrick was always billed as an "artist" like a Common, Nas, Erika Badu etc. but this beef has revealed he aint that. The subject matter he chose to use in the last tracks was also beneath him.

This is contradictory as hell.. common and nas both wrote scathing diss tracks.. what are you even trying to say? So if he's billed in that same space, I would say this is pretty fitting for him. Oh and you mean the subject matter that was handed from his opponent to him on a silver platter.
You are lost, and sound old and young at the same time.

This is contradictory as hell.. common and nas both wrote scathing diss tracks.. what are you even trying to say? So if he's billed in that same space, I would say this is pretty fitting for him. Oh and you mean the subject matter that was handed from his opponent to him on a silver platter.
You are lost, and sound old and young at the same time.

This ***** ajiiiplatinum ajiiiplatinum said Common and Nas! Common and Nas :rofl:

A Chicago gangbager, who went at Ice Cube AND DRAKE (himself) :lol:. And Nasā€¦.the ***** that made ETHER :lol:.

This is right in line man. What the hell yall be grasping at? Bizarre world. This what I be talking about antidope antidope , with some of Drake fans. Zero clue about hip hop for real

This ***** ajiiiplatinum ajiiiplatinum said Common and Nas! Common and Nas :rofl:

A Chicago gangbager, who went at Ice Cube AND DRAKE (himself) :lol:. And Nasā€¦.the ***** that made ETHER :lol:.

This is right in line man. What the hell yall be grasping at? Bizarre world. This what I be talking about antidope antidope , with some of Drake fans. Zero clue about hip hop for real
IDK man, I think that just happens with history. As it moves further and further away the youth is less inclined to care about it. A lot of history has to be forced upon people for them to know it. I couldn't give a damn who Benedict Arnold is, but I know who he is cause it was told to be over and over. Thats most things. We're biased cause we grew up in it.

You could be right since I dont know enough about Drake. I just know that as someone from LA/CA/West Coast, I am not really feeling Kendrick's shenanigans. Kendrick was always billed as an "artist" like a Common, Nas, Erika Badu etc. but this beef has revealed he aint that. The subject matter he chose to use in the last tracks was also beneath him.
Gay Z and c ockafella records was hot but we drawing the line at pedo & culture vulture allegations? :lol: Double, triple, quadruple entendres all over Euphoria & 616 but he canā€™t hang with Common?

Yā€™all dont listen to rap for real man :lol:

Gay Z and c ockafella records was hot but we drawing the line at pedo & culture vulture allegations? :lol: Double, triple, quadruple entendres all over Euphoria & 616 but he canā€™t hang with Common?

Yā€™all dont listen to rap for real man :lol:

What about 2Pac Hit ā€˜Em Up as wellā€¦ Song was disrespectful as hell.

And even my T Swift loving gf knows the song very well, she also was familiar with Hail Mary when I met her and added it to our joint playlist lol, sounds like she knows more rap history than some of the people in this thread šŸ¤£

The energy was mad different before Euphoria dropped šŸ¤£

It's beneath Kendrick because he was held to a higher standard than Drake.
let me stop you there.
no once cares about your standards.
you are really trying to shame him because of some imaginary standard youā€™ve set for this man and his music. especially in a battle.

really sounds like you donā€™t really know what rap music is all about. i actually wished kendrick wouldā€™ve went harder and released the other 5. not sure what he was being so nice about.

let me stop you there.
no once cares about your standards.
you are really trying to shame him because of some imaginary standard youā€™ve set for this man and his music. especially in a battle.

really sounds like you donā€™t really know what rap music is all about. i actually wished kendrick wouldā€™ve went harder and released the other 5. not sure what he was being so nice about.
This. We never even got angry Dot. I just know one of them 5 unreleased tracks had the blacker the berry or Heart pt 4 flow.

Influence
IMG_1313.png

Back
Top Bottom