09-10 season, beyond: 76ers switch to old logo/uniforms (any other teams?)

Don't think this has been posted. If so, late pass.

http://sixers4guidos.wordpress.com/2009/01/23/sixers-back-to-old-logo-and-uniforms/

"Kate Price, Sixers' Vice President of Business Operations, told yesterday to a group of season ticket holders in a fan forum thatthe franchise will be switching back to the old logo and the old 1982-83 uniforms (white/home, red/away) starting from next season. Thereasoning behind the decision was basically that it was what the fans wanted, everyone walks around in the retro gear."
logo.jpg

3c37555619d2eda4785781def2df93f5-getty-83005109jg020_wizards_sixers.jpg

Nice! GREAT move.

Any other news on uniform changes or updates?

Ya this article is from back in January. Since then I believe it has come out that they dont yet know exactly what unis they are doing but they wont be exactlythe old ones. A modified one. Perhaps Sixer followers know a little more.

RyGuy, true, there hasn't been an official announcement on the exact specs.

I'm glad that the logo and colors look to be making a comeback, though.

I actually hope the new uni's aren't exactly like the 82-83 version. The lettering on that version is too small.

The 90-91 version is more like what I want to see.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Warriors getting new jerseys next season
Praise the lord. I've never been a fan of these current ones
sick.gif
Please dead the color orange.

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

sixers need to go back to the ones when iverson was a rookie
forreal and i think they only had those for like 2 seasons maybe only one. the switch to black/red/gold colorway was a bad move

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

sixers need to go back to the ones when iverson was a rookie
you read my mind. those joints were SICK. I wouldn't mind seeing a navy blue version of that style also, considering they only wore them inwhite and red. maybe someone could ps it.
nerd.gif

Wow. I like how they updated the current uniforms, by slimming the width of the shoulders, but since a change is coming, I'd like to see them go back tothe jerseys they wore from 1994-1997 (the uniforms used during Iversons rookie season).

Timberwolves will be getting an alternate next season...it'll either be black or green I'm guessing.

Because of the rule the NBA has where if you get all new jerseys you can't have alternates until the year after playing with the new ones, we've had tojust got blue and white this year.

I'm gonna miss the current ones a tad. They screwed it up, when they dropped the gold acccents, and wore the wide shoulder look.
smh.gif

The Sixers have already started to funnel the old logo on their site, and at the NBA Store.

Portland will be changing their alternate jersey to a retro look, the team hasn't said which yet but it should be nice.

I would not be surprised, if the T'Pups go with a green alternate. Hopefully, they don't.

Lakers and Knicks need to take notes and go back to these:

kobeadidashwcjersey.jpg

FF_243153_l.jpg

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Portland will be changing their alternate jersey to a retro look, the team hasn't said which yet but it should be nice.
i love their current alternates
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom