09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

This is going to be a terrible fight
laugh.gif

Wow dropped him already.

Wlad just dominating him with the jab and dropped him with a right in the 2nd. Ruslan not doing much of anything.

the last time i seen vlad fight was against sam peter. He had a couple near death experiences but in the end he just wore down peter.

Nothing but respect for vlad for being consistant but...can we see some real contenders here? How is this guy ranked 3rd in the world?

That's why I aint even bother puttin this fight in the title
smh.gif

we can only pray David Haye can take a punch.
If he can, at least the division would be exciting.

Vitali is going to end all this Arreola talk in the fall.

And we all know Haye has a glass jaw. Let's see how his heart is after he gets knocked down.

laugh.gif
Yall wont support our American Heavys?! %*%+ David Haye! Match himup with Chris for the number 1 contendership for title.

Mike...Chris Arreola is from CALI! You can at least give my dude Nightmare a puncher's chance
grin.gif
......right.?

And this dude Wilder....I think son has potential to be great. His style can give all the current Heavys a problem. He's awkward and looks like in greatshape (maybe not 12 rd. shape....but like i said in a couple years). Just needs to be smoothed out.....only time will tell.

By Mark Vester

If trainer Freddie Roach sticks to his demand, a fight between Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto could collapse. Roach wants Cotto to come down to a catch-weight of 143-pounds for a fight with Pacquiao. Cotto's nutritionist told Top Rank's Bob Arum, who promotes both fighters, that Miguel could only make a "safe" weight of 144 to 145-pounds at most. The Cotto camp would rather have it at 145. Roach wants to get Cotto down as low as possible.

"I spoke with Bob and I told him I want it at 143-pounds," Roach told the Manila Bulletin-Tempo . "The lower I can get him (Cotto), the better. Cotto is still a great fighter. Very strong, and very dangerous. He's a champion. No way (he's past his prime). (Manny's going to have a) hard, hard fight."

Top Rank wants to make the fight for November 14 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Arum held a phone conference with Cotto and his team on Wednesday. He plans to present a deal to Pacquiao's team on Sunday and hopes to get a tentative deal locked in by Monday.

Pacquiao is reported to have asked for a weight of 144 but Roach is a big influence on his fighter and may talk him into a demand of 143. Cotto can't get down to 143 without killing his body. When the fight was first presented to him, he balked at the idea of a catch-weight. Later on he said a weight of 145 was fair. He won't agree to 143.

That's real weak.

Sorry I'm not feelin this.

They claimin Pac's the best let him fight weltereights at 147.

smh.gif
@ having world chapions jumpin thru hoops

Psssh I'd rather watch a full strength cotto fight another full strength Welterweight

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

laugh.gif
Yall wont support our American Heavys?! %*%+ David Haye! Match him up with Chris for the number 1 contendership for title.

Mike...Chris Arreola is from CALI! You can at least give my dude Nightmare a puncher's chance
grin.gif
......right.?

And this dude Wilder....I think son has potential to be great. His style can give all the current Heavys a problem. He's awkward and looks like in great shape (maybe not 12 rd. shape....but like i said in a couple years). Just needs to be smoothed out.....only time will tell.
Not against Vitali. Against Wlad he'd have a punchers chance, but Vitali's chin is out of this world. Dude was eating bombs from LennoxLewis like it was nothing

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Sources: Chris John is Ill, Juarez Rematch Postponed
Posted by: Rick Reeno on 06-21-2009.

[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
By Rick Reeno

Numerous sources coming out of Indonesia have advised BoxingScene.com that WBA featherweight champion Chris John is unable to move forward with his June 27 rematch with Rocky Juarez. The fight, set for the Staples Center in California, was the HBO televised co-feature to Victor Ortiz-Marcos Maidana.

From what sources told BoxingScene, John was feeling ill and fatigued during some of his recent training sessions. After being evaluated by a physician, irregularities were discovered in his blood. Calls to John's team were not immediately returned. More information to come.
[/td] [/tr][/table]
tired.gif
I don't even want to show up to this card any more. Vic better not disappoint.....

Anyone want to make me a Team Boxing sig?
nerd.gif

Khan's fight against Kotelnik postponed

LONDON (AP)-Amir Khan's first world title fight was postponed Monday after defending champion Andreas Kotelnik developed a tooth infection.

The WBA light-welterweight bout had been lined up by promoter Frank Warren for June 27 at the O2 Arena in London. The fight will now take place at the Manchester Evening News Arena on July 18.

"I'm delighted that my world title fight against Kotelnik is still on and when July 18 comes, I will never be more ready for him, although the postponement of the fight is a pain," Khan said in a statement released by Warren.

"In boxing, these things happen, so I have to be professional and stay focused. However, when I'm the victor and I am finally crowned world champion, it will make up for it."

The 22-year-old Khan is moving up a level to fight the Germany-based Kotelnik, having beaten Marco Antonio Barrera in a lightweight bout in Manchester in March.

tired.gif

Rocky Juarez vs Chris Fight John Cancelled

Numerous sources coming out of Indonesia have advised BoxingScene.com that WBA featherweight champion Chris John is unable to move forward with his June 27 rematch with Rocky Juarez. The fight, set for the Staples Center in California, was the HBO televised co-feature to Victor Ortiz-Marcos Maidana.

From what sources told BoxingScene, John was feeling ill and fatigued during some of his recent training sessions. After being evaluated by a physician, irregularities were discovered in his blood. Calls to John's team were not immediately returned. More information to come.

tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom