09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Hall-of-fame trainer Emanuel Steward is hoping to hook up with WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto and help the Puerto Rican star beat Manny Pacquiao on November 14 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. There were rumors that Cotto would hire Steward to work his corner. To date, nobody has contacted Steward from Cotto's camp.

"Up until now, nobody has communicated with me [from Cotto's camp], but I would love to be able to have the opportunity to work with Miguel. If we reach an agreement, I don't have any doubts that Miguel would knock Pacquiao out," Steward told Primera Hora. "I am of the few people who gives Miguel a big shot to win that fight by boxing. Miguel is perhaps the best boxer to go to the body. I have seen some as many things that can improve and I know that he can knock Pacquiao out."

"Miguel is one of the few boxers that I would love to work with if they gave me the opportunity. I am a great admirer of Miguel because he never refuses to fight against the best."

Steward says Cotto is not given enough credit for his recent decision win over Joshua Clottey. Cotto suffered a very bad cut to his left eye and still finished the fight. He said a lot of welterweights were avoiding Clottey, but not Cotto

"No other boxer would have accepted that fight, much less continue (fighting) with an injury like that. Miguel does not get the credit that he deserves and I know that a lot people do not give him a shot at beating Pacquiao, but I do," Steward said.

Dirrell was knocking that dudes head all over the place.
roll.gif
eek.gif

My dude from Puerto Rico was tellin me Emmanuel Steward wanted to train Cotto but I paid him no mind.

Cotto needs someone other than a Yes man in his corner.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

why he was arguin like he aint just get dropped 3 times
laugh.gif

He couldn't still be *****ing about the first knockdown could he? Don't get dropped 2 more times and you could still be fighting. What a clown.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

eek.gif

roll.gif

I will be makin a gif of that dude gettin hit then doin the james brown/zab judah/chicken noodle soup

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Son did EVERY dance on that fall. You're a jerk...jerk...jerk...jerk... They still laughing.

maaannn... that video they showed of Holyfield knocking out Okello in the 1984 Olympics was so nasty. Real Deal damn near uppercutted dude's head offJohnny Cage style.

I think Steward could be good for Cotto. He seems observant about his flaws, particularly in the Judah fight. You might remember him saying that Cotto wasleaping in with the jab and that he would get caught doing that...and he did just a few seconds later. He also kept saying how open Cotto was for a left handand Judah was having some success when he threw it, particularly the left uppercut.

Steward can help Cotto but correcting some of his flaws. But the weight is going to be MAC's biggest problem in the fight.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Steward can help Cotto but correcting some of his flaws. But the weight is going to be MAC's biggest problem in the fight.

Yea the whole 1 pound is gonna drain him silly

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

But the weight is going to be MAC's biggest problem in the fight.
I actually agree. I'm tired of hearing people say, "It's just 1 pound" MAC hasn't weighed under 146 since he was a Jr.Welter against Paulie (2-3 years ago?). It's way more than "just 1 pound."

But if MAC re-hydrates properly...I think he can win by either late round stoppage or KO.

That damn gif got me rolling .

With Cotto weight is one thing but Mannys speed is going to be the big thing in the ring , darting in and out and handspeed .

Back
Top Bottom