09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Mangos! This was a lop sideded win! Mosley dominated tonio! I can't believe it, i got to give Mosley props on a great fight and hope he gets another bigpayday!

smh.gif

Well, Mexicanos, it's up to Victor Ortiz now.

naazim stocks have just rised through the roofs. what he's done with two oldies
eek.gif
imagine what he can do with someone in their prime

I ain't watched a boxing match ever since RJJ decided he wanted to be a punching bag & just stand there and
get hit but after reading this whole thread I decided to watch this fight. I can now say I'm a boxing fan
this #!@$ is awesome haha. Mosley was poppin that fool with rights all night long.

So what fighters/fights should I be on the lookout for in the future? Also what are some good fights that have happened
in the recent past that I should watch.

This thread got me giddy about some damn boxing
roll.gif

Man these Mexican fighters are letting me down. We haven't had a great one since Julio Ceasar Chavez. Hopefully his son can come through.

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Tarver can't hang with that young gun. I don't expect Tarver to pull a Roy Jones type KO out his #@#
Antonio is the king of rematches...watch him catch Chad.
But Dawson isn't a declining fighter he's going to be sharp unless Tarver catches Dawson slipping I don't see him losing this fight.

As a fan of Margarito and to hear about him cheating like that with a plastic shell in his wraps is such a disgrace. This really discredits a lot if not mostof his performances. Embarassing....smh.

Originally Posted by BCF06

Man these Mexican fighters are letting me down. We haven't had a great one since Julio Ceasar Chavez. Hopefully his son can come through.

negative his son sucks.

Originally Posted by Mccheesy

As a fan of Margarito and to hear about him cheating like that with a plastic shell in his wraps is such a disgrace. This really discredits a lot if not most of his performances. Embarassing....smh.

I stopped watching after the TKO...whats this about a plastic shell or wrap?

I try not to beleive that but he does. I've seen a majority of his fights and I know if he were to fight some one good he would get layed out.

To say you havent seen a great mexican fighter since JCC means you havent watched boxing very much .

My bad maybe I phrased it wrong. I know we've had Barrera and Marquez and etc. We've had some warriors but right now it just aint looking to good. Ithought Margarito would take it from there but after hearing about the glove thing and losing today to Mosley it's kind of a let down.

Originally Posted by YngSeanCombs12

Originally Posted by Mccheesy

As a fan of Margarito and to hear about him cheating like that with a plastic shell in his wraps is such a disgrace. This really discredits a lot if not most of his performances. Embarassing....smh.

I stopped watching after the TKO...whats this about a plastic shell or wrap?
They were saying that he had a layer or so of a different handwrap/tape that got hard when wet. Its like concrete on your knuckles when it driesup

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Tarver can't hang with that young gun. I don't expect Tarver to pull a Roy Jones type KO out his #@#
Antonio is the king of rematches...watch him catch Chad.

Antonio looked horrible. I mean he couldnt pull the trigger and when he tried chad put dude in his place. I dont see it being any different thistime around.

I see it ending different. Tarver countin lights
pimp.gif

Get joe Calzslappy in the ring with Chad instead of this !!!$#$ moron tryin to hurry into retirement

& he Got the nerve to say boxoing Is dyin. Clown

pimp.gif
shane's interview on espnnews

" I guess I'm the man in this division"
happy.gif

He mentioned Cotto, and said he'll wait on hatton/pacman fight.

I hope pacman don't get nowhere near these upper echelon welters
smh.gif

just got home from staples. Not too many mosley fans in the building. Mosley was too fast, and margarito kept gettin hit by the home run punches, and it caughtup to him. Berto vs Mosley to Unify!

Can someone explain to me why the %%!$ i keep trying to predict these fights like i'm actually gonna get em right? Jesus Christ
laugh.gif

Mosley put in SERIOUS work tonight. I didn't think he had it in him. It didn't surprise me that he jumped out to that kind of start, what shocked mewas that he was able to not just keep it up but to actually build on it. The Welterweight division is gonna be loads of fun this year.
pimp.gif

As for the Margarito hand-wrap situation, thats just terrible. Boxing is a dangerous enough sport at it is, but essentially covering your hand wraps inplaster to make them rock hard is despicable. Margarito better serve some sort of suspension and fine for that stunt. No need to unnecessarily endangerboxers more than they already are.

As to dude who is now a boxing fan, we welcome you here
pimp.gif
. This sport needs as many fans as it gets so anytime someone new hops on board its all gravy. Asfar as recent fights to catch up on, here's a list from 2005 till now of fights I've personally seen and endorse. Everyone else feel free to add anyi've missed:

2008:
Israel Vazquez - Rafael Marquez III
Antonio Margarito - Miguel Cotto
Chad Dawson - Glen Johnson
Joel Casamayor - Michael Katsidis
Manny Pacquiao - Juan Manuel Marquez

2007:
Israel Vazquez - Rafael Marquez I
Israel Vazques - Rafael Marquez II
Sakio Bika - Jaidon Codrington
Michael Katsidis - Graham Earl
Kelly Pavlik - Jermain Taylor
Juan Manuel Marquez - Marco Antonio Barrera

2006:
Somsak Sithchatchawal - Mahyar Monshipour
Sergei Liakhovich - Lamon Brewster
Tomasz Adamek - Paul Briggs II
O'Neill Bell - Jean-Marc Mormeck I
Marco Antonio Barrera - Rocky Juarez I
Manny Pacquiao - Erik Morales II

2005:
Diego Corrales - Jose Luis Castillo I
Diego Corrales - Jose Luis Castillo II
Manny Pacquiao - Erik Morales I
Tomasz Adamek - Paul Briggs I

And those are just the truly epic fights over the last few years, imo. Theres a reason us boxing freaks continue to watch even after all the boring, crappy,pointless fights.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Cheating in boxing....
smh.gif
....unbelievable.

....it's everywhere now. both shane mosley and now Margarito, unless he's absolved, have tarnished careers. hard to trust any athlete nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom