09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

Originally Posted by Al3xis

you really don't know what you're talking about.

a lot of talent hasn't been developed but they've brought it in. other than develop qb's...that's the only thing charlie can do, recruit.
you call it talent that "hasn't been developed" and i call it getting the best scraps available ... no way in hell youre getting a blue chip prospect who has offers from any big big name school to pick notre dame ... not happening ...
[h3]Teo chooses Notre Dame over USC, UCLA[/h3]

It's the hat that shocked the college football world. But Manti Teo's choice of Notre Dame over both UCLA and USC came down to one, very simple reason.

"For me I felt like I wanted to make a difference, similar to the difference I made at Punahou," said Teo after revealing Notre Dame as the next stop in his career.

Last season Notre Dame finished 7-6 and barely made it to the Hawaii Bowl. The Fighting Irish won that game 49-21 to save their season, but Manti wants to help build a dynasty instead of join one.

"My dream was to join a program that's building instead of joining one that's already built, and I knew if I could build a program into greatness that's when legends are created and that's when people are remembered forever and that's what I want to do," said Teo.

Perhaps what surprised most people is that Manti, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints decided to go to a Catholic school, but he says there's more similarities than differences.

"Notre Dame is a Catholic school, a faith based school, but they have some LDS ties, and there's a chapel right in south bend and I met with the Bishop, and it was a lot more comfortable for me to know the church is strong," said Teo.

While some might criticize Manti for turning down the mighty Trojans or their cross town rivals UCLA, he says he's confident he's made the best decision for himself and his family.

"I've always been one to blaze my own trail, and if I need to do it by myself, I'll do it by myself, but I know i have my family behind me and that's all I need and if there behind me I can do anything," said Teo.

and thats just one recruit from the last class.

now hush and let's celebrate weis' exit.

I !%!* with Randy Edsall.
pimp.gif

The band should start playing "Amazing Grace" or some +@@$ for Jabba's funeral...

eek.gif
Lafell... gotta catch that
that was a real subtle push off too
woulda been Dope

dammmm fans throwin #*!+ on the field in the middle of plays...

must be the KKK rally
alien.gif

OXFORD, Miss. - About a dozen hooded Ku Klux Klan members rallied briefly at the University of Mississippi before Saturday's football game with No. 10 LSU.

The members of the Mississippi White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan spent about 10 minutes waving flags, displaying Nazi-style salutes and occasionally gesturing at a group of about 250 hecklers that included young children. They were protesting the school's decision to drop a pep song that included "Dixie."

Some fans had been ending the song by chanting, "The South will rise again." Chancellor Dan Jones asked the band to stop playing the song after fans ignored a request to drop the chant.

The Klan said it was protesting over lost Southern symbolism at Ole Miss, which has been rocked by racial strife before.

indifferent.gif

sbn.gif

B. Daniels, QB
20-34, 304 yds
1 TD
22 Rush, 141 yds, 2 TDs
SHEEEEEEEIIIIIDDDDDDDD Let that N'ucklehead play basketball every friday before the game

as;ldaf;dslkjfjadsjfa Mccluster finally... completes a pass but not out the wild cat
roll.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

sbn.gif

B. Daniels, QB
20-34, 304 yds
1 TD
22 Rush, 141 yds, 2 TDs
SHEEEEEEEIIIIIDDDDDDDD Let that N'ucklehead play basketball every friday before the game

Did you see the game?

He was unstoppable. He throws a great ball too.

laugh.gif
at knucklehead

Syracuse has played its best game defensively all season today. Absolutely smothered Rutgers pass and run offense. Could easily be 6-6 right now. Some peoplewill take us being 4-8 as a sign of improvement.

Originally Posted by DLo13

OXFORD, Miss. - About a dozen hooded Ku Klux Klan members rallied briefly at the University of Mississippi before Saturday's football game with No. 10 LSU.

The members of the Mississippi White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan spent about 10 minutes waving flags, displaying Nazi-style salutes and occasionally gesturing at a group of about 250 hecklers that included young children. They were protesting the school's decision to drop a pep song that included "Dixie."

Some fans had been ending the song by chanting, "The South will rise again." Chancellor Dan Jones asked the band to stop playing the song after fans ignored a request to drop the chant.

The Klan said it was protesting over lost Southern symbolism at Ole Miss, which has been rocked by racial strife before.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

man please
laugh.gif

like i said, nobody worth a damn is choosing notre dame over any perennial big time national ship contender ... if youre not gettin the athletes youre notgonna win ... END OF STORY ... get your one top lineman here and there, get all the top linebackers you want ... you dont have the top running backs, widereceivers, corners and quarterback, YOU AREN'T WINNING ... you dont have speed in college, YOU AREN'T WINNING ...

yeah weis can recruit ... he's done well selling a school that if it weren't for the prime time tv contract would probably be unsellable ... butthat's not the point ... the ATHLETES in high school have 0 intention of playing for notre dame if they have offers from those other schools ... nothingweis can do about that ... notre dame just doesnt have the pull other schools do ...

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

Originally Posted by Nako XL

man please
laugh.gif

like i said, nobody worth a damn is choosing notre dame over any perennial big time national ship contender ... if youre not gettin the athletes youre not gonna win ... END OF STORY ... get your one top lineman here and there, get all the top linebackers you want ... you dont have the top running backs, wide receivers, corners and quarterback, YOU AREN'T WINNING ... you dont have speed in college, YOU AREN'T WINNING ...

yeah weis can recruit ... he's done well selling a school that if it weren't for the prime time tv contract would probably be unsellable ... but that's not the point ... the ATHLETES in high school have 0 intention of playing for notre dame if they have offers from those other schools ... nothing weis can do about that ... notre dame just doesnt have the pull other schools do ...

Teo was the top linebacker in that class... Clausen was the top player in the nation. Tate is from Tennessee...

I don't even understand what you're arguing. Notre Dame recruits nationally and competes with all the top schools... They bring in top talent at everyposition.

You basically just said "yeah ok, they recruit well, but if they didn't have such a good sell at Notre Dame with the $ and tv contract then theyWOULDN'T recruit well." Ok... but they DO, so they do, so you're wrong.

I still don't get why Teo went to Notre Dame.

He should've been rocking the double nickel at SC....
smh.gif

It's been a ho-hum day of College Football, this LSU/Ole Miss game is good though.

Good bye Charlie....we will miss you.

I hope this Zona/Oregon game is a barn burner.

Wish we would have opened up the pocket book for Daniels. Come on Rich. No need to follow the rules, they were coming after you no matter what. At least have areal violation to get snagged on.

Dumb +%# marshay green squattin on short routes in a one possession game

pimp.gif
Randall

NO WAY was that defensive PI

Tolliver extended his arms and pushed off
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom