1 in 3 US families classified as 'working poor" but I disagree

Hell in Cali 150k is low income
Not according to actual data.

https://datausa.io/profile/geo/california#economy

According to this site ~73% of Californians make 70k or less. I get it, this accounts for less densely populated areas within the state.

But even when accounting for expensive neighborhoods such as the bay area (which the link does) Median household income is ~100k.

Individually, 70k a year is ALOT of money, regardless of where you live. Now it travels a lot less depending on certain tax laws and housing costs, but context matters.

Not according to actual data.

https://datausa.io/profile/geo/california#economy

According to this site ~73% of Californians make 70k or less. I get it, this accounts for less densely populated areas within the state.

But even when accounting for expensive neighborhoods such as the bay area (which the link does) Median household income is ~100k.

Individually, 70k a year is ALOT of money, regardless of where you live. Now it travels a lot less depending on certain tax laws and housing costs, but context matters.

70k isn’t all that much. Max out your 401k, HSA, dental, health insurance, and commuter plan and your taxable salary is 45k. And yes if you can’t afford to do that then you will have a tougher retirement than when living off your paycheck.

Edit
People will say well making those contributions is a luxury you don’t need to go all out. But I mean how else do you see yourself living in retirement? The way things are going we probably won’t see SS and if we do it’ll be a fraction compared to what our grandparents and parents get.

Last edited:
If you think its bad in America...........you obviously never left the country and only read about other countries.
Trust me............you have it great in the good old USA. Dont know what countries yall think have it better when you compare everything. Sure there are countries with higher standards of living but would you really wanna live in Scandinavia where its cold and dark 20 hours a day for most of the year and everyone is bland?

People in America tend to overspend and live above their means then like to complain how "theyre barely getting by"
Live within your means and youre good. You get what you put in. Trust me....there's no better country.
This is coming from a European who lived in America for years and will hopefully go back one day. I always look at America as home

I mean technically there is
if folks REALLY actually voted for the right people
Or I mean
We could do what the folks who founded this country did.
I mean the government is doing the same **** to US
They went to war with Britain for
To gain independence
bro you have much to learn if you really think american gained independence from britain. you are acting like you are ready to unite and die for your cause but you don't feel sympathy for hard working people.

if you're in the rat race it's a good sign you're part of the working poor

if you're part of the "gig economy" it's a good sign you're part of the working poor

That’s why I’m gone always slang this dope, powder, and tree. That market ain’t gone ever die

- Andrew Yang 2020
- Freedom Dividend
- $1000 per month

$1000/month for every adult citizen would definitely provide much needed stress relief for the working poor and lower echelon of our society. This stress relief would greatly improve their lives and move the trajectory of their lives for the better. It would also mean more money spent in their local economy, thus boosting local small businesses - which is the heart and should be the priority of any successful economy.

- Andrew Yang 2020
- Freedom Dividend
- $1000 per month

$1000/month for every adult citizen would definitely provide much needed stress relief for the working poor and lower echelon of our society. This stress relief would greatly improve their lives and move the trajectory of their lives for the better. It would also mean more money spent in their local economy, thus boosting local small businesses - which is the heart and should be the priority of any successful economy.

Small business is the lifeblood to the economy. But big corporations who don't even pay taxes into the system hoard all the benefits and shelter their money overseas from us tax obligations.

I’d rather just have a proper government that made it so people didn’t need a 1000 yang check every month.

Same. But that Yang Check monetizes your data. Tech companies make $$ out of the American Market. That American Market = you. Take that money, it's yours.

You want that proper government, start voting for politicians not supported by superpac money for starters so they are not influenced easily by corporations when in office.

I'd love to see decades of progressive correction
That will take restoring the sense of civics in the populace, which is something that can't be done in a single presidential term.

The consensus is that the system isn't working, and Americans have been served a dumbed down version of democracy. A democratic country that doesn't teach its history of labor movements throughout high school is not a true democracy; a democracy that sanitizes the civil rights movement and the post civil war era is not a true society for the people. Hiding History made by the people will continue to produce consumers and not citizens. Americans have the tools to fix their country (not guns), but they don't know how to use them because most of them are either ignorant about their own history or they simply deny it.

obviously it greatly depends on what your lifestyle is like. we’re in hawaii and i don’t make that much money but we live in a decent condo and my son goes to a good private school. my wife quit her job to take care of our baby and we make ends meet ok. i guess we’d be considered poor just based off my income :lol: but we own our condo and two cars and have some money saved up.

You are not poor.

Back
Top Bottom