10 random facts about 10 random Famous People Vol: Only Einstein is smart enough to do what he did

Originally Posted by beh235

This was interesting. I like finding out things like this. We cannonize people in history because they do really great things and we forget that they are human. I wonder if they all existed today, if they would be considered great. Elvis was racist too, so bleh lol
This is one of the reasons why I love history. You get to research and understand the truth of famous historical figures and see if they really were the "hero" society has propped them up to be. Now, I am not discounting anyone's credibility on that list, but it is good to understand who the person was and how they lived.
For example, Paul Revere did more than ride a horse into Lexington to warn the British were coming. In fact, he was not the only horsemen and the British weren't referred to as the "British" but as "Regulars." 

I heart history.

Originally Posted by jm2000

Andrew even looks throwed in his picture
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood
Yes you do, both of you do. I don't AGREE with it, but I certainly see where it came from, word to Jesus Christ and the people that believe in his back story.
There are people who hate Jews that don't even believe in Jesus Christ. I never understood the hate either, it always seems like they're the scape-goat for everything that goes wrong in society
   Many high ranking Nazis were atheists or Norse pagans. Christianity was viewed as passive and weak. The Jews were a convenient scapegoat because of their insularity. It had little to do with their theology.  Jews that converted to Christianity were still killed.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood
Yes you do, both of you do. I don't AGREE with it, but I certainly see where it came from, word to Jesus Christ and the people that believe in his back story.
There are people who hate Jews that don't even believe in Jesus Christ. I never understood the hate either, it always seems like they're the scape-goat for everything that goes wrong in society
   Many high ranking Nazis were atheists or Norse pagans. Christianity was viewed as passive and weak. The Jews were a convenient scapegoat because of their insularity. It had little to do with their theology.  Jews that converted to Christianity were still killed.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by iYen

I don't find any of these facts surprising because society's moral compass has shifted quite a bit since their times.

These weren't ordinary people, but legendary figures known for their righteousness.
Were they now?

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by iYen

I don't find any of these facts surprising because society's moral compass has shifted quite a bit since their times.

These weren't ordinary people, but legendary figures known for their righteousness.
Were they now?

Back
Top Bottom