10 YRS Ago January 5th: AJ5 Retro Release

Wore my 00's out on New Years Eve..Right after the ball dropped I crossed my leg and saw something on my left shoe..Put my hand on my shoe to brush offwhatever was on it and my finger got caught..Did a double take and realized my sole was coming off of the upper..Took it off and saw my sole basicallycrumbling right before my eyes..Checked the other one and it was the same situation..Both sole were turned to dust by the time I got home 3 hours later..Got somad I ripped the whole sole off of one of em and then threw them in the trash..Sad day in the CaseKIcks house..Funeral will be later this week..RIP..

sorry to hear your shoes crumbled. i think guys who live in more humid places have more issues with crumbling...

Originally Posted by kevin trinh

V's are one of the best Jordans of all time. However i wished they released V's like these.

Photoshopped
happy.gif

put together very nice man

i was 8 years old at the time so only PAYLESS shoes for me
embarassed.gif
i remember my cousing wearing a pair and thinking they were the ugliest shoes ever. i just didntget the huge tongue and that weird plastic thing on the laces (lacelocks). all i was thinking was..where are the blinking lights?? where are the batmanpictures??
laugh.gif
years later i found them in his basement super beat and they just seemed to grow on me. now their in my top 5 sigs

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

sorry to hear your shoes crumbled. i think guys who live in more humid places have more issues with crumbling...

Exactly, when you live in a dry place like AZ you're all good. I have NEVER had a shoe go through the aging process like that, EVER! I have my originalaway V's from 1990 and they are still wearable! and midsole is just fine.

those were the days.
I never bought the jordan v retros. But i did buy two pairs of white/cement iv's.
I ended up not wearing the shoes ever.
smh.gif

I sold one pair for $ 750 and the other for $1000 5 years later.
pimp.gif

I still regret selling both pairs
frown.gif

Good thread.

Got 1 pair of the 00 White/Black-Reds and 1 pair of the 00 Black/Silvers - both DS.

Can't bring myself to wear them full-time because I know they're not coming back out with that quality and Nike Air again.

The CDP V's were like a kick to the groin. They were that insultingly bad.

The White/Black-Red V's are my favorite shoe of all time and I always said I'll never betray the memory of myself wearing the OG's at 10 years oldby wearing a half %+$ version like the CDPs.

But yeah... the memories of the 00 retro release era and the OG era... glad I lived 'em.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Yup.
I didn't even bother buying them.
I hadn't bought any jordans for years until 2006 when they retrod the mars IV's, Mili Iv's and Fire red v's and I haven't bought anyjordans since.
I was disgusted with the quality of those pieces of #$%+.
All of those #%+*%$* shoes creased the 1st time I wore them.

The V's r my favorite kick since a kid! These r the kicks that made me get in the shoe game! Happy Anniversary! -ponyboy

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Yup.
I didn't even bother buying them.
I hadn't bought any jordans for years until 2006 when they retrod the mars IV's, Mili Iv's and Fire red v's and I haven't bought any jordans since.
I was disgusted with the quality of those pieces of #$%+.
All of those #%+*%$* shoes creased the 1st time I wore them.

Yeah, I never even considered picking them up. It's not even close to the same shoe.

And I know I'd feel just like I did when I tried on my Mars IV's - "What am I DOING wearing this crap?"

Sold those off a while back. Had the 06 Militaries and 06 FR V's, too. Got rid of them as well.

Not to get too sentimental but it's actually pretty sad to see JB treat these iconic shoes/colorways like they have.

They think they're doing it up by cutting corners and maxing profits but all they're really doing is destroying something that was really special tosomeone.

Time travel doesn't exist and being able to get a shoe or article of clothing is the closest we can get to making our childhoods more than just a memory.

JB, if you're reading this, !+@+ you for *@%%#**$ on us the way you have. You started off with excellent retros in 99 and 00 but pissed it away with yourselfish, greedy *+!!.

Originally Posted by 3thaman

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Hyalite

I remember these white/red Vs still sitting on the shelves at Nike Town when the blk/silver Vs came out a few months later. There was very little hype about these back then. You could just walk into the store and buy them. Sadly they don't make retros like this anymore.
da CDP's to be fair were pretty much da same thing sans da nike air, 3m and some pairs comin a lil yellow out da box.

da 2006 retros were great.

Yea if you like pleather. There's no comparison between the 00 and 06 as far as leather quality.
grin.gif

i had da 00's..leather wasn't nuffin to write about.....same leather as da white air force max from 1993

Oh man I remember that time like it was last year instead of last decade. I missed out on getting those on RD cuz I was working a lot of hours at my job. I wasworking the nightshift at the time, and three days later, when I get off from work, I went to the neareast FTL at 11 AM, got my size 13 which was still instock along with other sizes, and walked out. Man I miss the days when there was no hype attached to these shoes.

I can't believe it has been 10 yrs ago I was in the 5th grade, time flies
eek.gif

I wish I had a job around that time & was into sneakers @ that time, I was too young to work anywhere so that suck
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I remember buying these two weeks after RD
smokin.gif

The good ol' days...

Before the hypebeasts and kids that never actually watched MJ play.

eyes.gif
so you HAVE to have watched mike play to enjoy his sneakers?
smh

indifferent.gif

10 years ago...before the hype...before the hypebeast...before the term "sneakerhead"... before calling it a "shoe game"...ahhh the good oldays...

I copped mine for $79.99 which was the sale price at my local Footlocker. You could see these on the sale racks. I remember copping the blk/slvr ones for thesame price the next month. Times sure have changed.

JR year of high school... When I could actually go AFTER school to pick up on the day of release (then again, back when I was still using the parents $$ to copkicks
smile.gif
)

It will never be the same...
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom