12/2014 Air Jordan 11 Retro - White/Black-Legend Blue - 378037-117 NO GM TALK ALLOWED!

I would buy these only because I never had a pair before and would really like to have these. I wonder if JB would release another XI next year for the holidays. I mean besides the columbias what else could they bring out? I know there will always be hype for XIs during the holiday season but people were just waiting on the columbias to retro again

The consensus seems to be that people want Space Jams again. They couldn't possibly do them worse than they did in '09, so I'd be interested in seeing what a "remastered" version would look like.

At the same time, I could see them not doing a holiday XI release for a year or two; just to let people be impressed by everything else and build anticipation.

The consensus seems to be that people want Space Jams again. They couldn't possibly do them worse than they did in '09, so I'd be interested in seeing what a "remastered" version would look like.

At the same time, I could see them not doing a holiday XI release for a year or two; just to let people be impressed by everything else and build anticipation.
I wouldn't mind space jams done right with correct sole and what not but I wonder how that release would do with all the GMs still floating around. I've been tempted to buy a pair of space jams but the prices are either too high on some 01s or tons of fakes.

I would buy these only because I never had a pair before and would really like to have these. I wonder if JB would release another XI next year for the holidays. I mean besides the columbias what else could they bring out? I know there will always be hype for XIs during the holiday season but people were just waiting on the columbias to retro again

I want to know what is really so bad about '09 SJ's? I hear people say it and I've looked at both '00 and '09 pairs and the most glaring difference is in the leather on the upper. The '09 has that stiff pleather and the '00 has that nice leather. I don't get bent out of shape about the PL cut. I see it but I don't get outraged by it, but that's just me.

I wouldn't mind space jams done right with correct sole and what not but I wonder how that release would do with all the GMs still floating around. I've been tempted to buy a pair of space jams but the prices are either too high on some 01s or tons of fakes.

Unless the fakes follow the lead of the remastered pairs, they would probably end up being easily differentiable at that point. Dudes really do tax on those 2000's though :smh:

I want to know what is really so bad about '09 SJ's? I hear people say it and I've looked at both '00 and '09 pairs and the most glaring difference is in the leather on the upper. The '09 has that stiff pleather and the '00 has that nice leather. I don't get bent out of shape about the PL cut. I see it but I don't get outraged by it, but that's just me.

It sounds like you perfectly well know why people consider them a bad release since you pointed out some of the main qualms; it's just that those things may not bother you. That's perfectly fine. Bad leather and weak patent leather cut/quality compared to the older pairs made them hard for me to like once I experienced what older XIs felt like. Started wearing my Jams to the gym and eventually gave them to a friend who wiped them down, did a quick carbon fiber gluing, and offed them to some hipster for $150 :lol:

Prices keep going up, quality keeps going down.  Nike still gets the masses to pay for it because the shoe is still aesthetically pleasing.  I want these, but idk man... they $200 is a major turnoff.

I don't know if it bothered me less because I still have my '00 SJ in good shape (I have to reglue them but other than that, they are great). I got '09s as a backup and to this day, I still haven't worn them. I compared the leather and it's VERY different (same goes for the concords). I guess I'm not as mad because I have the ones with good leather but I like XI's so much I still want to have a clean pair for years without going through crazy hassle.

For 2015?

Hope it would be Black/Concords with the 45 at the heel with remastered shape, material quality and details.
Otherwise, pass again.

$200 +CA taxes will be steep, I'll choose wisely what I cop. You think with the resmastering fakes/GMs/reps will have better quality then now to match the legit ones??

$200 +CA taxes will be steep, I'll choose wisely what I cop. You think with the resmastering fakes/GMs/reps will have better quality then now to match the legit ones??
fakes are just fakes. remastering by Nike has nothing to do with these fakes. they aren't made by the same factory Nike use.

It will make a lot of these bootleggers think twice now if Nike truly uses more expensive materials. Will it stop it?? No because the fact is they will just increase their prices and people will continued to be fooled.

lol whats wrong with 09 jams? the real question is what is right with them. they are horrible and mearly resemble an XI, heck even the anni XIs were better and they were bad as well.

200? Glad I only have a few more pairs of OG kicks to add to the rotation 
mean.gif

Whoa now, the Anniversary's only competition for worst XI is the CDP Playoffs in my opinion :lol:
As far as mids yes those were bad when it comes to quality. I don't like the annis at all. I don't do all white shoes so those were a major pass

lol whats wrong with 09 jams? the real question is what is right with them. they are horrible and mearly resemble an XI, heck even the anni XIs were better and they were bad as well.
Idk, I think that's a bit harsh. I've looked at them side by side and the most glaring difference is the leather on the upper. That's the criminal part, but what shoe now has good quality leather now? That ship has sailed long ago. I don't think it was a total butcher job. I think other models have been messed up worse than those though.

all we gotta do is boycott the release and we can make the price reduce or we all wait till the price drop together.. but then you have resellers who want to make EVEN MORE

Y'all think everybody whip cops today will cop when price goes up to $200+
kids and hypebeast today? without a doubt they'll keep buying until they're broke.

personally i drew the line at $200 for retros and $225 for new kicks i wear on court only. i only need two more shoes anyway, the black/red Xii if they bring it back again since 03 and these all-star XI. won't be buying more retros until they bring back the OG quality or early retro quality of 2000s. The XIII quality are all garbage IMHO. 

Back
Top Bottom